2014 Japan Open | Golden Skate

2014 Japan Open

Meoima

Match Penalty
So It's not official that Yulia might attend? I hope she will go to Finlandia. I want to watch both of her new LP and SP.

NMURA

Medalist
Usually the top finisher at worlds of each "area" gets the invite. Yulia Lipnitskaya should have it. But the organizer could've wanted to invite Sotnikova too. In that case, Yulia may hesitate. If they have to choose one of them, it will be Sotnikova because she's more popular in Japan.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I though Yulia is more popular? :confused: Japanese fans love Yulia very much.
But anyways, Adelina has been on The Ice tour in Japan for several years, maybe you are right.

ioanna

Record Breaker
The answer will be very interesting this year. Kozuka and Murakami, I guess. But who will be the others?
Machida/Mura and Imai/Miyahara maybe?

Maybe Mao or Akiko will compete again for this?

Alain

Match Penalty
Yuzuru doesn't have contract with IMG, and Japan Open is an IMG event. You get the idea.:)
Yuzuru skated in Carnival on Ice more than once, which is an IMG event. He also skated in another IMG event THE ICE.

It has nothing to do with being or not being with IMG. Does Plushenko have a contract with IMG? Lol.

No, the idea is not to be got the way you presented it. The reason is something different that we don't know. Yet.

NMURA

Medalist
I think Takahashi is the main cause which made the announcement this late. They (IMG and Kinoshita group) wanted Takanashi's participation but he was not ready for a "competition". I assume he doesn't want to give an impression that he's "finished" at this point. Inviting both Takahashi and Hanyu is not likely because Takahashi always wants to dominate the spotlight. If he knew that Hanyu was (also) invited, he would turn it down. In that case, they could've wanted Hanyu at least. But he was already taken by Finlandia trophy. The choice between Machida and Mura is not so important. Probably the JSF has given it to Mura because he has his own family (Machida is from a fairly rich family).

ioanna

Record Breaker
Skaters set to attend Carnival On Ice so far

Kanako Murakami
Satoko Miyahara
Takahiko Kozuka
Takahito Mura
Tatsuki Machida
Nobunari Oda
Miki Ando
Akiko Suzuki
Ashley Wagner
Patrick Chan
Jeffrey Buttle
Javier Fernandez
Evgeni Plushenko

Source

mich2

Match Penalty
I think Takahashi is the main cause which made the announcement this late. They (IMG and Kinoshita group) wanted Takanashi's participation but he was not ready for a "competition". I assume he doesn't want to give an impression that he's "finished" at this point. Inviting both Takahashi and Hanyu is not likely because Takahashi always wants to dominate the spotlight. If he knew that Hanyu was (also) invited, he would turn it down. In that case, they could've wanted Hanyu at least. But he was already taken by Finlandia trophy. The choice between Machida and Mura is not so important. Probably the JSF has given it to Mura because he has his own family (Machida is from a fairly rich family).
FT and JO are a week away. I dont think FT is the reason. Kanako will be in JO just a week after NT. Maybe its Yuzu fragile health. But he didnt need to be in both events. He could withdraw from FT and compete at JO. It looks like he didnt get the JO invitation at all. But why. . . So strange.

I agree the participation of Dai was crucial. Mao too. How they are going to sell Saitama arena now. Actually Mao or Dai or both might be in COI as guest skater. ;)