2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program | Page 88 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program

Figure 8's

On the Ice
The fight for gold is going to be a good one. One of the top three (probably not Kim) is sure to bomb to allow Gold or Lipnitskaya to land on the podium. Tomorrow is going to be exciting.

Yes is will be a fight for Gold. Kim will have to bring her A Game if she wants to win gold. I think the Judges sent her notice today. I hope every one skates clean and may the best skater win. But as in Torino where the pressure is on, there are no clear cut winners yet and anything can happen. No one has a big lead where they can afford mistakes in the Free Skate.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I would not be surprised to see one of the top 3 fall out of the medals tomorrow. I really don't wish a bad skate on anyone, but unfortunately it would not be a surprise at all.

I wouldn't be surprised. After all, Julia with a clean skate at Euros beat Sotnikova by about 8.2 points so if Sotnikova falters and Julia goes clean, they might give her all the marks in the world.

It's still mindboggling that Julia is in 5th right now. Her PCS should have been 32 points at best, and she should have been called for the flutz. Her score should be more like 62-63.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Who are you and what have you done with sky_fly? I thought you would have been up in arms over Sotnikova's placement...

Moreso, I though you would be whining that Gold got lower PCS than Kim, Kostner, Julia, Suzuki, Mao, and Wagner. Guess her "Hollywood looks" got lost in translation. :laugh:

Im not complaining
Carolina and Adelina arent known as good FS

while Gracie and Julia are ;)

Panini

On the Ice
You are not the only one, bro. I was very impressed with her in 2010 but her program now is a little bit boring to me, not that she is not great anymore, just a little bit boring.

Anyway, I have the feeling all the skaters that joined the team event were put in a disadvantage, they looked kind of tired and stressfull. Poor Mao, she must have had tired herself off too much. She looked so stressful when came out.
What if Patrick Chan and Yuzuru did not attended the team event, would they have pulled off more convincing performance at the FS? Plushy wouldn't have had to withdraw if the team event happened last.

Do you also agree that Yuna is plastic?

Artistry

On the Ice
Plastic? That has to do with skating how? If you made an account just to say this, I feel sorry for you. Lowest of the low.

God this board gets harsh sometimes. What the person probably meant is that in their view, Yuna’s program was boring, and “plastic” probably means “artificial”.

And btw, I agree, daaRia.

There’s a difference between technical elements/GOE/levels and all that and style. I could hardly watch Sotnikova, for example. To me, some of her positions are ugly
and her overall style is not polished at all. Apparently, I’m not the only one on that either, as per Dick Button’s twitter.

It would be nice if this was a place of varied discussion, not attacks on others’ opinions in an obviously subjective sport.

Plastic? That has to do with skating how? If you made an account just to say this, I feel sorry for you. Lowest of the low.

I don't think this poster means "plastic" as in fake, but in the dance sense of movement as a way of expressing ideas. I've seen it used this way, and also spelled in the French style as plastique. It's a compliment, not an insult at all. In fact, it's a high compliment.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I am really sad about Mao but at the end of the day, life goes on. I really hope she can redeem herself in the long. My podium prediction after the free:

1) Carolina - she had two lackluster Olympics and to see her pull through like this is very inspiring. I hope she can skate her best and win the title.

a Cinderella story come true
Im all for it :yes:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I disagree, I found Kim's program to be the most emotional. Kostner's was the most beautiful and elegant. Sotnikova's had the most fire. Easily deserving of the top 3.

The rest were rather blah in terms of performance or having anything unique.

The only other one that stood out in my mind was Edmunds who looked fresh and youthful and bubbly in her performance.

Ven

Match Penalty
Caro and Adelina are so close, it doesn't matter, it will come down to who has the best free skate. I think both of them were great today. But Yuna was held down a bit, she should be a few points ahead.

Puchi

On the Ice
Adelina was overscored a couple of points in PCS but that's it. The rest of the protocol seems right. She skated with fire and the 3toe3toe was +1.60 GOE worthy.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
We have Korean judge on panel but didn't have Russian/Soviet judge for this event. I'm going to say this again and again. I'm hoping couple of posters can understand this sentence.

agreed and one judges even gave Julia a -3 on her spin
now that is shameful

Ven

Match Penalty
I disagree, I found Kim's program to be the most emotional. Kostner's was the most beautiful and elegant. Sotnikova's had the most fire. Easily deserving of the top 3.

The rest were rather blah in terms of performance or having anything unique.

The only other one that stood out in my mind was Edmunds who looked fresh and youthful and bubbly in her performance.

I agree with all of this.

louisa05

Final Flight
Who are you and what have you done with sky_fly? I thought you would have been up in arms over Sotnikova's placement...

Moreso, I though you would be whining that Gold got lower PCS than Kim, Kostner, Julia, Suzuki, Mao, and Wagner. Guess her "Hollywood looks" got lost in translation. :laugh:

I heard that the "Hollywood looks" category was removed from the PCS just for the Olympics. Shame. I'm sure it lost Gracie a full ten points. It is probably a conspiracy against her.

CNY_Skater

Rinkside
It is funny how you are calling everyone who disagrees with Sotnikova's score (pretty much everyone) bots when as a Kostner fan you should be upset her stunning performance was placed behind Sotnikova with only a triple toe-triple toe and light years worse presentation. Kostner should be atleast 5 points over Adelina (and would be if the Olympics werent held in Sochi).

As a Gold fan you should also be upset she is 6 points behind Sotnikova, when she should be 2 at absolute most. This event is a joke already no matter the long program skates and results tommorow.

Her comments lacks the logical flow of typical Caro or Gold fans probably because she's only pretending to be a fan of them to disdain Yuna Kim. sky fly will rofl as long as Kim Yuna is not leading by 10+ after SP.

imisscohen

On the Ice
As much as I like Lipnitskaia, I'm okay with her not getting the OGM or even medaling at all.
Reason is that I would like to see her skating develop as a woman and, hopefully, continue through the next quad.
What I didn't want to see was her do a Lipinski: win gold and then retire from competitive skating.

This!! I really enjoy her skating but also feel her maturity level, like Polina's, just isn't up to par with the rest of the field. I really look forward to watching both skaters grow in the future!

Panini

On the Ice
God this board gets harsh sometimes. What the person probably meant is that in their view, Yuna’s program was boring, and “plastic” probably means “artificial”.

And btw, I agree, daaRia.

There’s a difference between technical elements/GOE/levels and all that and style. I could hardly watch Sotnikova, for example. To me, some of her positions are ugly
and her overall style is not polished at all. Apparently, I’m not the only one on that either, as per Dick Button’s twitter.

It would be nice if this was a place of varied discussion, not attacks on others’ opinions in an obviously subjective sport.

In case you weren't aware, South Korea has a reputation for plastic surgery. Yuna's haters have attacked her for years with rumors of plastic surgery. That word is such a loaded term for Yuna, forgive me for not thinking the use wasn't accidental.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
agreed and one judges even gave Julia a -3 on her spin
now that is shameful

That was likely a mistake when they meant to give +3. Must have affected her GOE by like 0.1 points, if it was even counted.

Shameful were the 7's given to Kim in her PCS. And the 9.25 given to Julia for Performance/Execution.