2014 Rostelecom Cup Men's Short Program 11/14 | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2014 Rostelecom Cup Men's Short Program 11/14

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://instagram.com/p/vZFXofpylJ/

sk8coachirok (Kori Ade)
Thank you to everyone who continues to show love and support...tough week & imperfect skate for @jasonbskates but the journey is a marathon because at every juncture there are lessons to be learned. #adversity #makesyoustronger #buildingchampions

Sweet msg from Rohene below too.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Exactly! And the differences between the points of Max and Voronov are almost the same than Jason and Voronov. I think Max was very underscored!

Did you even watch the competition at all? Max Aaron doubled his toe loop and only landed a 4S-2T...which he nearly fell out of.

Voronov, on the other hand, landed a giant 4T-3T. That alone made up for over five points in the score between them.

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Voronov's 4-3 was a thing of beauty. The quad looked so airy I swear he could've gone round one more time and make it a quint if he'd wanted to :biggrin:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Max only did a quad-double, to Sergei's quad-triple. He also lost levels on his spins, and had (visibly) lower quality on all elements (steps, spins, and jumps). As for PCS... imo, they weren't so bad here. Only one point behind Misha, who delivered a cleaner and more stylish routine.

"I don't like Russian style" isn't a reason to prop up a skater who didn't deliver (referring to Jason here. Max was decent--he just needed to be better). "Russian style" is pretty vague anyway. I mean, if I like Yulia, does that mean I like Kovtun? :unsure:

lyndichee

Medalist
Max only did a quad-double, to Sergei's quad-triple. He also lost levels on his spins, and had (visibly) lower quality on all elements (steps, spins, and jumps). As for PCS... imo, they weren't so bad here. Only one point behind Misha, who delivered a cleaner and more stylish routine.

"I don't like Russian style" isn't a reason to prop up a skater who didn't deliver (referring to Jason here. Max was decent--he just needed to be better). "Russian style" is pretty vague anyway. I mean, if I like Yulia, does that mean I like Kovtun? :unsure:

This.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
This was a beautiful competition to watch. It has lifted my spirits after a week of being ridiculously sad about CoC. Hoping for more like this tomorrow! :party:

Last edited:

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
Did you even watch the competition at all? Max Aaron doubled his toe loop and only landed a 4S-2T...which he nearly fell out of.

Voronov, on the other hand, landed a giant 4T-3T. That alone made up for over five points in the score between them.

I get it. Different points of view. Long ago I stopped doing rhythmic gymnastics because it stopped to an art but has become acrobatics only for the score. I started to watch a figure skating 1 year ago because I saw the program of Jason. I thought there was a change in the sport. Ok, I got a quad that is more than triple for the score. But ... if someone jumps two quads in his program but his fingers like a hedgehog and has posture of Quasimodo can win? This means figure skating? If so and I go back to see dance on stage.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I get it. Different points of view. Long ago I stopped doing rhythmic gymnastics because it stopped to an art but has become acrobatics only for the score. I started to watch a figure skating 1 year ago because I saw the program of Jason. I thought there was a change in the sport. Ok, I got a quad that is more than triple for the score. But ... if someone jumps two quads in his program but his fingers like a hedgehog and has posture of Quasimodo can win? This means figure skating? If so and I go back to see dance on stage.

MEN event is not ICE DANCING. MEN competition is about connecting Athleticism with art. If someone can jump two quads, then why he shouldn't ? That means he is better in this department than this ho can't do this.

chairmanmao

Final Flight
I am very sad for Jason. I think he was very underscored! I don't understand why Voronov received 90 points for this program! (Russian judges, of corse) Or Brezina ...

Ever heard of BV which Jason isn't a club member. That flawless skate from Voronov only got 1+ more in PCS than Brown's flawed SP. He should be happy he got those kinds of scores which are actually higher than Taka. A vastly superior skater who actually attempts a quad in his program.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I, too, enjoy the artistic aspect of figure skating. But it is a sport, and great difficulty executed well should (usually) triumph lesser difficulty executed poorly. And for this particular competition, Voronov was the former and Jason (and to a lesser extent, Max) was the latter.

Also, I don't see what Max or even Jason has over Voronov on the artistic side for this particular competition. Jason is usually a wonderful performer, but it was pretty ragged out there today.The jumps and spins marred the program rather than accentuating it. Max is fast, but his edgework needs, well, work, and he seemed lost after the first quad. He got back on track with the axel, but his elements weren't done with great quality. Sergei was the only one who skated with conviction and looked spotless, while both American guys were messy overall.

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
MEN event is not ICE DANCING. MEN competition is about connecting Athleticism with art. If someone can jump two quads, then why he shouldn't ? That means he is better in this department than this ho can't do this.

You don't understand something. If anyone knows how to blow two quads, it must do it! But, only quads are not enough! If you do two quad without art is eguale whe you dance well without the quad. The result will be: those who have begun to watch figure skating because it looked like a show it will stop. And figure skating returns to the closet world of sport.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ever heard of BV which Jason isn't a club member. That flawless skate from Voronov only got 1+ more in PCS than Brown's flawed SP. He should be happy he got those kinds of scores which are actually higher than Taka. A vastly superior skater who actually attempts a quad in his program.

I doubt he is happy with his performance or cheering over PCS scores.

Meoima

Match Penalty
You don't understand something. If anyone knows how to blow two quads, it must do it! But, only quads are not enough! If you do two quad without art is eguale whe you dance well without the quad. The result will be: those who have begun to watch figure skating because it looked like a show it will stop. And figure skating returns to the closet world of sport.
FS competition is not ice show, those who want to follow FS because it looks like show should buy tickets to ice shows, not competition. End of story.

HanDomi

Record Breaker

I don't see anything wrong with Voronov scoring, he didn't got scores on level of Hanyu or Chan or Machida

It was no Jason's day at all, and even with clean program he still would be off Voronov due to TES

And while Voronov don't have the greatest SS he was totally on today and I enjoyed watching.