2015 Japan Open | Golden Skate

2015 Japan Open

ioanna

Record Breaker
Do we know why Shoma Uno is listed in the pdf document but isn't listed on the official website? They added Tuktamysheva and Joubert but Uno isn't there.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Wow, this will be a very exciting event. All we need is Hanyu on the men's side and it'll be the craziest Japan Open yet! Although I doubt he'll go... maybe Murakami?

Or Machida? :biggrin:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I'm always excited about Japan Open for the unveiling of new LPs. Sometimes, however, it takes a while for the videos to appear.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Not sure if this is an appropriate place or not for this, but anybody in Tokyo or Saitama (or willing to travel): I might have an extra ticket for both events on Oct. 3rd, the morning's team event, the Japan Open, as well as the ice show in the evening. Friends were going to join me, but can't go now. I'd like to see if anyone might be interested. Contact me by PM.

Japan Open B-level seat & Carnaval on Ice SS-level seat. Willing to sell one or both tickets for LESS THAN FACE VALUE!!
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/japanopen2015/

Last edited:

NaVi

Medalist
Bump, the event starts at 12:30(noonish) Japanese time... which is 11:30 AM EST... so we're about 6 days and 6 hours away. It's on Saturday but we American's will be staying up Friday night.

------

Edit, I had the time wrong... it's 11:30pm not 1:30am.

Last edited:

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
im betting theres no live stream? but usually there will be YT videos!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The videos were up on YT last year pretty fast, IIRC. With the time difference, I'm sure I'll be able to watch them all this coming weekend.

I still remember watching Ashley's "Moulin Rouge" for the first time and really not liking it, mostly b/c she skated terribly and I didn't like the music cuts. A year later, it's now my favorite program of hers! I hope she skates it better this time around.

I'm mostly looking forward to seeing the ladies - we have Queen Liza and most of the Top 5 from Worlds, plus the reigning OGM and Mao!

It looks like we have Ondrej Nepela, a JGP and the JO in one weekend! So much skating, so little time :)

Last edited:

NaVi

Medalist
im betting theres no live stream? but usually there will be YT videos!

Last year it was shown right after the event ended in late afternoon(4:00-6:25 JST) while this year it will be shown later on prime time(6:30-8:54 JST). So I was wrong earlier, we American's won't be staying up to see it... only to see spoilers. If I have the times correct(Japan Time, Europe Time), the Spain JGP Free Dance and the Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ladies FS begin at about the same time as the JO but the final groups for both events won't skate until after the JO ends.

Unofficial live results were posted here: http://deep-edge.net/jo2014.html

I can't find a TV Tokyo live stream anywhere(others please look). Two options mentioned last year were Niji TV Player and KeyholeTV.

Video uploaders should consider creating a new new youtube account or posting them somewhere besides youtube because IMG likes to enforce their copyright.

Last edited:

roma

On the Ice
I hope they all skate well esp my team Japan! A bit worried though esp for Satoko... that even if she skates that beautiful program of hers really well and lands all her jumps, even if she's the current world medalist, they will still lowball her on her PCS mark.

And, yeah, broadcast on events in Japan like this... they're usually aired delayed so better take to twitter for updates.

Last edited: