2015 Japan Open | Page 46 | Golden Skate

2015 Japan Open

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Meejung has uploaded the interviews for Ashley, Gracie, Liza, & Mao. Also, here is the main fluff piece in case anyone missed it. If anyone could translate the Russian or Japanese to English, that would be fabulous :)

Sorry if this has been posted. I searched for 'interview' in the thread & no result came up.
thx a lot for the links!!

What does Mao say in the interview?

Please do not bicker. Especially, please do not bicker about things like social decorum which differ between cultures.

Or bicker about slicing and dicing meanings on one of the poorest Google translations I have ever read.
aw sorry but its frustrating when people misunderstand interviews & villanize people
Like implying Mishin saying that JO is solely about Mao's comeback. He meant that its mainly about her comeback & its a difference

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
^Thanks SkateFiguring!

I didn't know Brian only practiced 2 weeks beforehand :eek: And Javi's accent is adorable :love: It's great to hear his positivity at 2:27-2:40, too.

gotoschool

Medalist
Mao: Before JO, so many reporters/journalists kept asking me how I felt about my comeback.
Nobu: You didn't like it, did you? Sorry for that.
Mao: I understood it was because of my absence from the competition for one year.
However, since I tried so hard to think like this was exactly the same thing I had been doing for a long time.
it frustrated me a bit.
Nobu: So you felt a little agitated by the media attention as your comeback, haha.
Mao: giggling
Nobu: Right after you landed 3A, you seemed to be very excited,
but soon you went back to the serious state.
Mao: I had to keep going, do the next thing.
Nobu: That 3A was a beauty!
Mao: I feel a little sad because all the older skaters, of the team Japan, have retired,
who did this competitions together, and this time I am the oldest.
Nobu: How was it as the leader of Japanese team?
Mao: Mmmmm, (not sure I was) the leader? Just the oldest.
Nobu: So how was it as the oldest?
Mao: It was nice as I did not let other members down, haha.

Thanks bluelutz for the translation.