2016 Europeans Men SP | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans Men SP

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
But I'm afraid ten hours watching skating is too much, need a rest now
err i just realised its 1.42 AM here I must hurry to bed!

Really a great comp!
Let it continue tomorow!

Congrats Vanya!

Last edited:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
The scores seem ok in general, so I am going to sleep!

Perdita

Final Flight
This is a MUCH better competition so far compared to last year!! There were falls, but no major pops or meltdown. Well it's only SP so we'll see tomorrow though...

Ahh shame about Mika's 2 mistakes... he looked super nervous. He skipped few transitions. But as he always says in his interviews, no one is consistent in this sport. Good luck tomorrow :hap10:

I love love Petrov's SP. I wish if they could give a bit more PCS to him...he's a total package. I know he's quadless but...

IMO, Ivan was the best tonight. This new SP suits him better than Nessun Dorma. He really was shining tonight.

There were some very good performances from other guys as well (Michal! Who cares about his 4S fall?), and everyone seemed to enjoy their performance even the ones with mistakes. Scores are tight enough to make things interesting tomorrow. Good luck boys :hap10:

ETA: Every time I look into the men's thread, I feel the urge to say something good about Kovtun :p. I love he's programms, Tchernyshev is doing a good job giving him a character to portray on ice, and he's doing pretty well imo. Looking forward to seeing how close he can get to Javi!

Last edited:

Procrastinator

On the Ice
Protocols are out and one judge gave Kovtun 9.25 for composition and 9.0 for interpretation whereas most of the other judges stayed in the 7.75-8.25 range...

I agree with the GOEs for Fernandez but don't agree with 10s for performance/execution when he had as much room for improvement as he did.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
last 2 groups - drama all the way!!!

great showing from Israeli guys - both Alexei and Daniel were amazing, shame for Daniel about that cursed 3A, hope one will be on podium...

Petrov and Kolyada - interesting skaters, but next year - better programs and better costumes please!

Javier - a class of his own! This program is a gem - from choreography, through expression and music. Yes, I see that he's not a master of blade, that his jump in-outs are often quite annoying, but he's a master of performance, a true showman who can sell the program and make us believe him. And this SP fits him like a glove (flamenco, duh...)

Michal - very happy for him that he got that SP well. This is another situation with well-fitting program to skater's personality - he's all that elegance and charm I feel. And he sold that tux just fine :love:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I realized some people are talking about Kovtun's posture, is it because he is tall so he has to hunch a bit more in order to put his CG at a suitable position so he can maintain his balance?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Great competition! A bit sad that Mika and Deniss didn't do so well today but still super debut! Portuguese ESP announcers were all over Deniss and how good he already is. And also super debut by Daniel even though that music is an ultimate travesty! I don't like Scorpions but this remix is awful. And also Petrov's music is one of the ones I wish could be replaced.

Javier is really on a league of his own and the choreo is majestic. My second favorite was Brezina, such presence and confidence today, why is he not always like this? About Kovtun, he really didn't drag me in. At least he looks like he cares about his mistakes.

Also liked Righini but I was so confused by the costume, it has no relation at all with the music, it would be a good match with the Scorpions' remix but not with You Raise me Up :noshake:

Hoping for a great event tomorrow, everyone stay healthy! :hap10:

Debut by Samohin? He was 10th at last Europeans.

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
Protocols are out and one judge gave Kovtun 9.25 for composition and 9.0 for interpretation whereas most of the other judges stayed in the 7.75-8.25 range...

I agree with the GOEs for Fernandez but don't agree with 10s for performance/execution when he had as much room for improvement as he did.

I guess :confused: is Ms. Olga KOZHEMIAKINA. RUS

Procrastinator

On the Ice
I realized some people are talking about Kovtun's posture, is it because he is tall so he has to hunch a bit more in order to put his CG at a suitable position so he can maintain his balance?

As I posted before, he's 5'9 according to google... Most of these skaters are 5'7-5'10 and don't have posture issues. Lysacek didn't have posture issues. None of the 5'11-6'3 men's pairs skaters (besides Chris Knierim) have posture issues... It's a personal issue that should have been corrected long ago but is now too far ingrained.

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Javier FERNANDEZ ESP 102.54 1 video Q
2 Maxim KOVTUN RUS 88.09 2 video Q
3 Michal BREZINA CZE 84.30 3 video Q
4 Alexei BYCHENKO ISR 84.09 4 video Q
5 Daniel SAMOHIN ISR 82.73 5 video Q
6 Ivan RIGHINI ITA 82.23 6 video Q
7 Jorik HENDRICKX BEL 79.13 7 video Q
8 Florent AMODIO FRA 78.28 8 video Q
9 Mikhail KOLYADA RUS 77.58 9 video Q
10 Alexander PETROV RUS 76.95 10 video Q
11 Alexander MAJOROV SWE 76.34 11 video Q
12 Matteo RIZZO ITA 74.91 12 video Q
13 Ivan PAVLOV UKR 68.78 13 video Q
14 Deniss VASILJEVS LAT 68.32 14 video Q

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Pamigena - your new avatar rocks the system!!!:cheer:
:rock:

This! Seen it twice, and both times I was in stitches. I suppose I have a terrible sense of humor... :palmf:
yes, you're just weird :biggrin:

I guess statistically at least one person in the arena has to be high?! :yes:

Ekm

On the Ice
Just got back. Brezina held it together, I'm in shock (in the best possible way!)! Also pleased to see Amodio and Hendrickx in the top 10, and Daniel (but not surprised). Sad to see Deniss so far down, hopefully he can pull up a bit in the free. And just pleased that Majorov was able to get out there and skate all things considered.

Perdita

Final Flight
OH MY GOODNESS!!! MIKHAIL GOT LEVEL4 FOR HIS STEP SEQUENCE!!!! Which he has never done since 2012/13 at JGP Courchevel IIRC. Now I don't really care about his fall on 4T... I never thought he is actually capable of it now. He got all level4s for spins as well. Amazing! I'm super happy!!:yahoo:

tzazu

Medalist
1 Javier FERNANDEZ ESP 102.54 1 video Q
2 Maxim KOVTUN RUS 88.09 2 video Q
3 Michal BREZINA CZE 84.30 3 video Q
4 Alexei BYCHENKO ISR 84.09 4 video Q
5 Daniel SAMOHIN ISR 82.73 5 video Q
6 Ivan RIGHINI ITA 82.23 6 video Q
7 Jorik HENDRICKX BEL 79.13 7 video Q
8 Florent AMODIO FRA 78.28 8 video Q
9 Mikhail KOLYADA RUS 77.58 9 video Q
10 Alexander PETROV RUS 76.95 10 video Q