2016 Europeans Pairs SP | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans Pairs SP

QuadThrow

Medalist
Tatjana twofooted the throw and get massively positiv GOE. It has been the same in sochi and Zagreb 2013. That is injustice. The rest seems to be OK. Only one Team (DM/G) with Level 4 at the DS.

Judge number 6 punished V/T hard.

paircheck

Final Flight
Tatjana twofooted the throw and get massively positiv GOE. It has been the same in sochi and Zagreb 2013. That is injustice. The rest seems to be OK. Only one Team (DM/G) with Level 4 at the DS.

Judge number 6 punished V/T hard.

totally :agree:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Tarasova lost some points there on her hand down land on her throw jump
they might have scored around 72-73+ when they were clinical and PCS would have increased a bit

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV RUS 79.77 video
2 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT GER 75.54 video
3 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS 70.17 video
4 Mari VARTMANN / Ruben BLOMMAERT GER 62.90 video
5 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA 62.10 video
6 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA 61.51 video
7 Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV RUS 60.63 video
8 Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA 58.47 video
9 Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT 52.96 video
10 Tatiana DANILOVA / Mikalai KAMIANCHUK BLR 48.72
11 Goda BUTKUTE / Nikita ERMOLAEV LTU 46.85 video
12 Bianca MANACORDA / Niccolo MACII ITA 44.71 video
13 Marcelina LECH / Aritz MAESTU ESP 40.46 video
14 Adel TANKOVA / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI ISR 37.81 video
15 Alexandra HERBRIKOVA / Nicolas ROULET SUI 36.38 video
16 Anna Marie PEARCE / Mark MAGYAR HUN 36.00

StellaCampo

On the Ice
one judge don't like V/T. except two 1 everywhere zeroes

I noticed that too.
If this judge is generally harsh on everyone, I would expect him/her to be Judge No 6 or No 9 (neither gave PCS marks in the 9's) for S/M. But these two judges gave higher GOEs to S/M.

In particular, note the GOE on twist. Judge No 6 for V/T gave GOE of 1 while Judges No 6 and No 9 gave 3 and 2 respectively for S/M. For V/T one judge gave GOE of 2 and the remaining 7 judges gave 3. For S/M 3 judges gave GOE of 2, the remaining 6 judges gave 3.

I'd be curious why Judge No 6 gave GOE of 1 to V/T's twist, whilst he/she gave GOE of 2 or 3 S/M.

yuki

Final Flight
I noticed that too.
If this judge is generally harsh on everyone, I would expect him/her to be Judge No 6 or No 9 (neither gave PCS marks in the 9's) for S/M. But these two judges gave higher GOEs to S/M.

The order of the judges is random for each skater/pair. Judge #6 for V/T is not necessarily judge #6 for S/M.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
My first competition in Bratislava seen! And it was a very enjoyable one, too!

V/T deserved what they received, even if the throw flip looked scary (both the one they did in the warm-up and the one in competition) it is clearly off-axis but she saves the landing thanks to the great height. The program, however, is super fantastic: when seen live, the effect is completely different from the one at home.

Another couple of great skates (the ones that struck me the most) were from James/Cipres, who could have even been 3rd I think, hadn't it been for the spiral, because the energy and the power they had on the ice were even better than Tarasova/Morozov's (who were excellent, too), and the Austrian pair of Ziegler and Kiefer, who skated really really well and were a bit underscored in PCS for me: their speed was not the best, but their choreography and interpretation were not worse than many of the Pairs above them :sad21:

Looking forward to the girls now! :yahoo:

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
They can complain, right, like Ross Miner did and was heard at a GP comp?

You are wrong about Ross Miner, who did NOT complain.
The tech panel made a mistake re his levels, and corrected its own mistake.

I hate that a misconception over what happened persists. Yesterday someone else basically made the same false accusation.
Ross Miner did NOT file a petition at Rostelecom.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have always expected that the random Order is constant because it really matches with the judging in sochi's women's event. Mmmmmh
Nope. TheFinn is right that they shuffle the judges from skater to skater.

I honestly don't mind anonymous judging but get annoyed by the randomizatiztion. I don't really care who someone is or where they are from but I want to see their consistency from skater to skater.

I started a thread on this topic a few months back.
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...Scores-(the-elephant-in-the-room-)&highlight=

Last edited:

StellaCampo

On the Ice
The order of the judges is random for each skater/pair. Judge #6 for V/T is not necessarily judge #6 for S/M.

Exactly. That's why I said Judge No 6 for V/T might be Judge No 6 or No 9 for S/M, based on the low PCS these two judges gave S/M.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
You are wrong about Ross Miner, who did NOT complain.
The tech panel made a mistake re his levels, and corrected its own mistake.

I hate that a misconception over what happened persists. Yesterday someone else basically made the same false accusation.
Ross Miner did NOT file a petition at Rostelecom.

Fair enough, but for me it wasn't an accusation. If the panel hadn't done the correction I think he should have made a petition. Like every skater should and can if they feel like they are mistreated in some way.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Finally the most important competition of the Championship (in my mind anyway) is under way. Another high standard event, with plenty of great skating and sadly one or two errors. Watched the recorded BESP live coverage, so haven't seen everyone yet.

A well deserved lead for V/T. I didn't like this programme when I first seen it but it has without doubt grown on me and I now love it. They really capture the mood of the music and interpret the Bollywood theme. I thought they were in trouble on the throw but Tatiana held on somehow and I also thought he looked a little shaky in the lift at one point but apart from those small things it was top drawer stuff. Great to have them back competing.

A very good skate from S/M on the TES side but I though from a PCS side they were grossly overscored. I can't believe that the judges could have them 3 points ahead of T/M and 6 ahead of A/R on PCS. Great throw, twist and lifts. Skating with Aliona has brought him to a much higher level that I thought he could achieve.

Probably the best skate of the season from T/M following from a poor GP series but a strong skate at Russian Nationals. I am a big fan of this couple but I do accept that they need to work on presentation side but I thought today they really delivered and captured the music and mood. The best short, performance wise I have seen from them, I thought they were harshly marked on PCS, there is no way they should be behind S/M. Still they are in a good position to attack in the Free, even if it is not the best vehicle for them.

BESP didn't show V/B but I do like them I will track them down later. A great performance from J/C bar the death spiral they have really up their level in the last year or two, if clean I would have had them 4th, hopefully they skate well in the long and we get to see their 3T3T combination. One thing I did notice is that I do prefer S/K's routine to I put a spell on you over this. For me DM/G in sixth are a great example of a couple who have consistently worked hard over the years and you are constantly seeing an improvement and progress. I love this programme from them, it suits them, it was a pity about the shaky solo jump but they were the only couple to get a level 4 death spiral. I wonder will they finish as Italy's number 1 here?

A/R I though were marked very harshly on PCS, I would have ranked them second on this score. There was real character, performance and interpretation in their skate, it disappointing that they averaged just under 7.5 for each element. Dmitriev brings him own skills as a performer to his couples now. Hopefully they can move up in the free, it's a sign of the depth of Russian Pairs that their 5th ranked couple currently sits in 7th in Europeans. I like M/H but they are a little bit of last years form, it was funny on the 3S that they took of out of sync but landed in sync. I really don't like there free, it's a real mess of a programme and well below what they are capable of doing.

Finally I enjoyed Z/K, I don't understand why of the elements got lower levels and also felt they could have been given higher marks on PCS but I think 9th is the right position for them if just a lot closer to 8th place.

I'm raging that BESP aren't shown the free live tomorrow, I think we are only getting an hour the problems of having to much winter sports to screen this time of year. Looking forward to the free regardless, hopefully everyone skates their best.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Finally the most important competition of the Championship (in my mind anyway) is under way. Another high standard event, with plenty of great skating and sadly one or two errors. Watched the recorded BESP live coverage, so haven't seen everyone yet.

A well deserved lead for V/T. I didn't like this programme when I first seen it but it has without doubt grown on me and I now love it. They really capture the mood of the music and interpret the Bollywood theme. I thought they were in trouble on the throw but Tatiana held on somehow and I also thought he looked a little shaky in the lift at one point but apart from those small things it was top drawer stuff. Great to have them back competing.

A very good skate from S/M on the TES side but I though from a PCS side they were grossly overscored. I can't believe that the judges could have them 3 points ahead of T/M and 6 ahead of A/R on PCS. Great throw, twist and lifts. Skating with Aliona has brought him to a much higher level that I thought he could achieve.

After wachting S/M for the third time, I have to say that they were really strong and their PCS are ok. At first I thought the same.