2017 Canadian Nats Senior Pairs SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2017 Canadian Nats Senior Pairs SP

rain

Record Breaker
Duhamel/Radford...that is the first high speed and energy and in control program all season....they look like themselves again...

Definitely the best they've skated all season. I have come to the conclusion that I don't love this program, though.

TGee

Record Breaker

TGee

Record Breaker
For some reason, for me every character on that protocol page is a question mark. Same for the entries pages. Have no idea why.

It's a pdf...do you have Adobe Acrobat or another pdf reader?

But you can get the details of the live scoring page, if not the judge by judge scores...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
We didn't hear much about your dog tonight. What's he up to? I found a couple fleas on my dog earlier today and I'm still pretty miffed about it.

He's okay. He hates it when I watch the tv. When I have the streaming on over the computer he tolerates it until screechy singing starts (then he leaves with a baleful look). He's sulking in the office.

rain

Record Breaker
Fascinating to see the protocols. I/M got no marks at all for the popped jump, but way more GOE on their elements than MT/M, so they were only less than a point behind technically. Then I/M really outscored MT/M on the PCS.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yes Grasshopper, it may be time for you to leave. You have earned your wings, and you're about to fly. ;)

Sounds like fun! But where am I flying to?!

:eek:topic: Story for ya: earlier today after the ladies short, I got four messages from some of my Newfie relatives about Kaetlyn. They're all casual skating fans at best, but when it's one of their own blowing the roof off the national championships, I know I'll be hearing about it. My 70 year old aunt is Catholic nun who lives in Rushoon NL, which is relatively close to Marystown, and when Kaetlyn comes home to visit and perform, you'd think it was the Pope by the way she describes it. :laugh:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I see what happened to J/R now. Level 1 twist and they only got a 3 on an element R/W got a 4 on. They got beaten on GOEs and components. R/W were definitely better tonight.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
He's okay. He hates it when I watch the tv. When I have the streaming on over the computer he tolerates it until screechy singing starts (then he leaves with a baleful look). He's sulking in the office.

Still, he is better than Sarah's daughter and is worth keeping. :)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Sounds like fun! But where am I flying to?!

:eek:topic: Story for ya: earlier today after the ladies short, I got four messages from some of my Newfie relatives about Kaetlyn. They're all casual skating fans at best, but when it's one of their own blowing the roof off the national championships, I know I'll be hearing about it. My 70 year old aunt is Catholic nun who lives in Rushoon NL, which is relatively close to Marystown, and when Kaetlyn comes home to visit and perform, you'd think it was the Pope by the way she describes it. :laugh:

Instead of Jude Law playing the Young (and rakish) Pope we could have Kaetlyn playing the Skating Pope.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Fascinating to see the protocols. I/M got no marks at all for the popped jump, but way more GOE on their elements than MT/M, so they were only less than a point behind technically. Then I/M really outscored MT/M on the PCS.

Do you think the judges got it right? I'm not so sure I'm convinced that I/M are that much better in components from MTM, and I prefer I/M.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Still, he is better than Sarah's daughter and is worth keeping. :)

Definitely! But he's a fuss budget sometimes. But he does know that Hanyu is Japanese and that Feeling Good has be skated to enough.

Really funny story. He could deal with the stuffed animal problem. He hates them. We got him one for Christmas (an ebeneezer scrooge from PetSmart) and it took him 2 minutes to rip it's head off, remove all the stuffing, remove 2 arms and one leg. He then used the removed leg as a toy that he wanted us to throw.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's a pdf...do you have Adobe Acrobat or another pdf reader?

But you can get the details of the live scoring page, if not the judge by judge scores...

In safari, PDFs display in the main page, rather than using a pdf reader. I think it must be that they're using a character set my browser doesn't have. I could try another browser, if I cared that much.

I actually kind of like the level of detail that you get by clicking the score on the live scoring page. It's just about right for me - a summary by element and component, without the judge-by-judge details.

I'm more annoyed by not being able to look at the entries lists, but someone on golden skate always copies them over, eventually.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Do you remember when she called Jennifer Robinson old? You could see the person holding the mic almost swoon in shock and Jennifer was none too pleased.

I didn't hear that one, but I remember her comment about Patrick Chan's Olympic silver medal (the one about being offered the platter but taking the tray).

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Do you think the judges got it right? I'm not so sure I'm convinced that I/M are that much better in components from MTM, and I prefer I/M.

*washes your mouth out with soap* or *scourers your fingers with a pumice stone*

TGee

Record Breaker

Good analysis...goes to show that high quality elements can really make a difference when one element is effectively lost.

But it was more than GOE on the tech elements, they had more level 4s...certainly I/M got a higher score for a 3Tw2 than M-T/M's 3Tw3 due to their GOE, but on the death spiral and step sequence I/M had level 4s with good GOE, while M-T/M had level 3s with not quite as great GOE...