2017 CS Finlandia Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Finlandia Free Dance

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I'm counting on this couple to break into the top ten as of next season. I reeeeally like them !

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
What on earth are the Chinese couple skating to? First part very funeral/mournful and second part very fast and doesn't go with first part at all.

I don't know about you, but I would not want to skate to a song in an Olympic year that repeats the phrase "No happy ending" a zillion times.

Technically my goodness they have come so far the last few years. But that program is a snoozefest. The straightline lift should be quite something when they get the kinks worked out.

GGFan

Record Breaker
The Chinese team is lovely. They interpret the soft parts of the music really well. I'd like to see them work on their edges and power.

Weathergal

Medalist
That was such a Shibutani-esque program.

Sorry I think you're giving them way too much credit. And I'm not even saying that the ShibSibs have my favorite style of programs because they don't - even though I like them quite a bit as people. But this just didn't work AT ALL.

Weathergal

Medalist
I don't know about you, but I would not want to skate to a song in an Olympic year that repeats the phrase "No happy ending" a zillion times.

Technically my goodness they have come so far the last few years. But that program is a snoozefest. The straightline lift should be quite something when they get the kinks worked out.

Ha! Good point about the "no happy ending!"

And they have come so far, which is one of the reasons this program bugs me so much.

zebobes

Final Flight
Sorry I think you're giving them way too much credit. And I'm not even saying that the ShibSibs have my favorite style of programs because they don't - even though I like them quite a bit as people. But this just didn't work AT ALL.

I think it would be better to say this didn't work for YOU at all. I actually really liked the program... and thought that they have improved so much over the years.

Lota

Record Breaker

The song choices seemed like something they would choose, maybe not necessarily together, but still. And that one lift was definintely from the Shibs' program (they didn't invent it obviously, but I clearly remember it).

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I really enjoyed that from the Chinese, they have come a long way and some of their tricks are quite nice. That straight line lift is really cool.

Weathergal

Medalist
I think it would be better to say this didn't work for YOU at all. I actually really liked the program... and thought that they have improved so much over the years.

Did you notice the tepid audience response and their scores? They're not going to get anywhere with this program. So no, I don't think it worked. When I think something just didn't work for me, but I understand it works for others, I have no problem saying so. But in this case, no...

Sorry I'm not trying to offend, but I think they deserve a much better program.

Lota

Record Breaker
Anyway, if that is Grishin (seems that way), props to him for arranging this little stream and interacting with skating fans via answering their questions.

Weathergal

Medalist
The song choices seemed like something they would choose, maybe not necessarily together, but still. And that one lift was definintely from the Shibs' program (they didn't invent it obviously, but I clearly remember it).

I thought you meant the feel/style of the program, but the lift is a different story.

On a completely different note, I liked their costumes, especially his actually. More than just basic black yay!

GGFan

Record Breaker
Very charming program by the Canadians. I love how smooth they are and I appreciate the difficulty of them dancing in hold for several parts of the program.

Lota

Record Breaker
Really liked the Canadians! :love: They're kinda vanilla, but I really look forward to seeing more from them in the future. Do they have any GPs?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Mr Firus, if you are going to wear tails, you simply MUST wear a bow tie. I don't care that it's a jazzed up version of classic ballroom, Fred Astaire would NEVER appear in tails without a bow tie.

Very entertaining. Much better than anything I've seen them do before. Now, they just have to work on making it all look easy...which is the hard part!

LaArdilla

Medalist
The Canadians are delightful! I hate her dress though, something that I would wear as a wedding guest in the 90s.