2017 GP Skate America Pairs FS | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Pairs FS

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
To add to that, everyone painted Zhang Hao as the bad guy who orchestrated the switch, and assumed it was him who wanted to dump Peng Cheng for a “better partner” and a better chance at winning gold in Beijing in 2022...

But it was Hongbo's idea which he thought about for 6 months before the decision and execution. Chen was intimidated by Hao who was much older, a star, and who coached and nannied her when she left home for the first time to train with him. She and Jin had a good rapport and communication right away and her confidence was boosted and she gained consistency though it seems lacking again recently.

Yu/Zhang has been a successful partnership on a good track.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Hee hee hee, it’s been a running gag over the last six weeks of GP competitions here in the GS threads, involving Ksenia being the epitome of death and gore. I need KevinVChicago to get in here and back me up. :laugh:

I know, but where does that come from? It doesn't make sense to me, but hey, have fun :thumbsup:

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
Yes

It is the case. The reason for the switch, at a time the Chinese Pairs were in decline, was to ensure strong results at the Beijing Olympics. Yu/Zhang has been on the podium consistently since they teamed up. U U was reluctant at first but soon decided to devote herself to achieve her potential as advised by their coaches, and the new team has gotten better and better since then. If they continue to improve, they may get on the Olympic podium.

Their performance today was sublime and worth celebrating instead of bitterness.

I guess i'll go be mean in my corner then. I did like the performance. But there are very few GS users who are exempt of being a little mean spirited when something happened that they did not like, so keep calling me out but I don't think you have a very high moral high ground from which you can speak, judging by what i've seen on this forum since i've registered. I guess I was misled by the fact that there are quite many post like mine on here, so I thought I could post something in that spirit.

Also thank you for your analysis of the current Chinese pairs situation. It wasn't asked but it is appreciated.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I guess i'll go be mean in my corner then. I did like the performance. But there are very few GS users who are exempt of being a little mean spirited when something happened that they did not like, so keep calling me out but I don't think you have a very high moral high ground from which you can speak, judging by what i've seen on this forum since i've registered. I guess I was misled by the fact that there are quite many post like mine on here, so I thought I could post something in that spirit.

Also thank you for your analysis of the current Chinese pairs situation. It wasn't asked but it is appreciated.

I was only answering your specific question. Nothing to do with anybody else or anything else or about you in general.

QuadThrow

Medalist
oh right, your only reasoning to give S&H lower PCS was their music, cause PCS is all about music:eek:hwell:

The former user was talking about the improvements Sui/Han went through. I can not see any innovation artistically although their Gold in Poengchang will not be undeserved.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I know, but where does that come from? It doesn't make sense to me, but hey, have fun [emoji106]
Some people were saying that Ksenia and Fedor's Besame mucho needs to be hotter and I said that I want Ksenia and Fedor to take me straight to the morgue or nowhere. And then it became a thing. Because of their gothic vibes!

LadyB

Record Breaker
Some people were saying that Ksenia and Fedor's Besame mucho needs to be hotter and I said that I want Ksenia and Fedor to take me straight to the morgue or nowhere. And then it became a thing. Because of their gothic vibes!

Yeah, I get it. They're really goth. It must be their white makeup/pale appearance and black lipstick/mascara and black clothes.... shame, I missed that programme. Have mercy, I'm only watching since 2015. :laugh:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Looks like my dream podium of S/H J/C and S/M for GPF is gone :drama: LOL

Devastated for J/C barely missing the final which they seemed to have a good chance to qualify for, but can't deny the amazing performances Yu/Zhang skated in order to get them there. I LOVE their Star Wars FS so much, and Xiaoyu is one of the most elegant pairs skaters!
Pairs right now seems to be the most competitive it's been since I've started watching skating, and I'm so nervous for the final! In my opinion, the skating and judging can go either way. I can't even begin to predict the podium.

rosy14

Final Flight
Super skate by Aljona and Bruno and a personal best!

The concept of the program is absoutly unreal. The final lift!!!

Could not understand why Sui Han got more PCS two week before.

Apart from the technical errors, which the Chinese didn’t make, so skating perfectly clean, Sui/Han are better as a couple in every single voice of PCS. And they are much better matched.

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
I was only answering your specific question. Nothing to do with anybody else or anything else or about you in general.

Right. We're just going to ignore your last sentence, which is obviously a tackle at me for being bitter instead of celebrating their wonderful performance.

Anyway, all I will say is : clean up in front of your own house before you go check on your neighbor's. Nothing to do with anybody else or anything else or you in general.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Apart from the technical errors, which the Chinese didn’t make, so skating perfectly clean, Sui/Han are better as a couple in every single voice of PCS. And they are much better matched.
Sui missed both SBS jump yesterday. I think her jumps will be the decider at the Olympics.

We can argue a lot about the PCS. Sui/Han have a brilliant connection.true. But I could not see any program this season which could match the concept and the choreography created by the Germans today.

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
S/M's long is one of my favorite programs of all time. So many little things that make it spectacular. I feel so confused because i love Sui/Han but I also want S/M to win in the Olympics.

Fozzie Bear

On the Ice
Sui missed both SBS jump yesterday. I think her jumps will be the decider at the Olympics.

We can argue a lot about the PCS. Sui/Han have a brilliant connection.true. But I could not see any program this season which could match the concept and the choreography created by the Germans today.

Choreography is only one category of PCS. And as much as I'd like S/H to use unique music, the actual choreography of their program is quite good.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Choreography is only one category of PCS. And as much as I'd like S/H to use unique music, the actual choreography of their program is quite good.
As you say. Quite good. Not breathtaking.

Let's give skating skills to Sui/Han. Transitions, choreography and belongs definitly to S/M.