2017 GP Skate America Pairs FS | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Pairs FS

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
As sad as I am the Yu and Jin got split up, I admit the Chinese Fed knew what they were doing

I agree. I feel like Yu's approach and mindset probably fits better with Zhang than his previous partner. As messy as the switch up was, I think it has worked out for the best.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Really impressed by the Chinese how they managed to make it into the GPF although it was highly unlikely... Their only Chance was to go clean and they went clean!

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Her husband is a brit so she had to work on it

Thats pretty impressive though, isn't it? She's native Ukrainian, speaks German very fluently (some even say that more fluently than Ukrainian) and she married British so she learned some good English. And she's one of the best pair skaters of our times.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Skating aside, the other highlights of the day for me were the hilarious tired announcer butchering names and trying to energise the semi-dead audience and the "GoDaddy" sign that made me giggle whenever it showed up on camera :laugh:

Imagine if Laurine Lecavelier was skating here with her Marilyn Monroe free program that had the “my heart belongs to daddy” edit... :rofl: I would legitimately die a thousand times over simply from laughing so hard.

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm a fan of St/Kl, but tbh it is a bit of a farce that they are going to GPF considering their awful LP at Rostelecom. Unfair to J/C.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Great competition! Love Aliona and Bruno's program - perhaps an OGM for Aliona after all these years. The Chinese were sublime as well. Judging very fair -- except for placing Alexa & Chris ahead of Kirsten & Michael -- bit of home cooking there.;)

If the judges continue to push Sui/Han there will be no Gold for Aljona.

LadyB

Record Breaker
When I'm looking at the GP Final qualifiers, I all of a sudden get a very warm feeling around my heart regarding S/K's future chances. :thumbsup::luv17:

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I agree. I feel like Yu's approach and mindset probably fits better with Zhang than his previous partner. As messy as the switch up was, I think it has worked out for the best.

Cheng Peng always looks like a cheerful child to me. She's amazing, I love her flow and charm but with she looked like Hao's daughter. Now, with Jin Yang she's so perfect, the chemistry between this two is genuine, there are young and beautiful. On the other hand, Little Rain is much more mature than Cheng and suits Hao better, both physically and mentally.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm so happy for S/M...finally a win for them. That LP is such a fantastic program, I can't wait to see how it'll all (hopefully) come together in perfect harmony at the Olympics.

meem

On the Ice
Savchenko rules! Loved that LP. I don't get all the love for Zhang's throws as I have always found the Chinese men's kicking up a leg as they throw, quite ugly and distracting. So they can throw their partner the length of a sofa (as Peter Carruthers used to say). The other men don't do that. Zhang is one tough, strong male skater. Surely he could throw Yu w/o kicking up his leg. Judges/technicians are so picky about everything else so why has this leg kick been allowed? Knierem/Knierem are beautiful skaters but something's wrong with this pair.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
QuadThrow1864778 said:
If the judges continue to push Sui/Han there will be no Gold for Aljona.

If Sui/Han continue to push their skills and performance and impress the judges and the fans, there will be no Olympic Gold for Aljona.

yuna13

On the Ice
aljona should pick the music for all the top pairs team! after last year i thought it was impossible to do better but i was wrong.

i want to see that program clean at the games. :hap10:
i wouldn't want to be in bruno skates, i mean the pressure to skate with "the queen". he basically didin't have any experience with high level before so bravo bruno for dealing well with the pressure!

QuadThrow

Medalist
Aljona and Bruno's GOE in the second half is absolutely monstrous!

Maximum score for the last lift!

These extra points are their biggest strength.