2017 JGP Austria Mens SP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Austria Mens SP

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Errrr... I guess he is keeping with the theme with that costume.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Errrr... I guess he is keeping with the theme with that costume.

LOL that's why I mentioned it earlier. He was the only one I could identify right from the start of warmup based on his costume/music.

GO SPEED RACER GO

Shandy

On the Ice
Oh my goodness, Semenenko is so tiny and cute! Jonathan Hess could crush him between his thighs. :laugh:

Not sure how I feel about someone that young skating to Billy Jean, though...

charmblade

Final Flight
I got very concerned about this boy's poor bandaged hand and then realized it was a sparkly glove. :drama:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
No clean skate, weird jump errors for a Mishin student, but in the beginning Evgeni clearly stole the show with his determination. :laugh:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
shame about jump problems but i quite liked Egor, he is very interesting and elegant, and has some nice spins

if someone told me Turkish skater would be in top 3 with highest TES of the competition i would say no way :eeking: not that much higher but still :yahoo:

charmblade

Final Flight
Wow, these standings are really interesting and unexpected. It's exciting to see Basar, Luc, and Camden in medal positions. It'll be an exciting free skate for sure to see where everyone ends up.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I quite liked the current top 6 guys. Looking forward to the FS!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Wow, these standings are really interesting and unexpected. It's exciting to see Basar, Luc, and Camden in medal positions. It'll be an exciting free skate for sure to see where everyone ends up.

indeed... some of these boys will attempt quads and that could mean a lot of placement shifting.... there is about 10 points difference or so in the first dozen men... so anything can happen when a quad is worth 10 points alone.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My predictions are out the window, lol. Who would of thought that the 2 Russians would be out of the top 10? Good for Camden for holding on to 1st!

A lot can change in the free skate but it would be great if the US brought home another medal this week in men's. (I'm not a rah-rah USA type, but it's nice to see US juniors doing well internationally).

TGee

Record Breaker
I think we have an unexpected podium. I'd be surprised if anyone predicted that.

Well, the saying goes that one can lose a competition on the SP, but not win it.... we'll have to see what the freeskates will show.

But certainly, for the SP small medals, the podium isn't what many of us had thought....:confused:

And with short program scores in the 50s, among those seeded for the podium, it looks like Conrad Orzel, sitting in 6th, may be the only one still in reach of it for the overall medals.