2017 JGP Italy Ladies FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Italy Ladies FS

Purv

Match Penalty
This season only Osmond is getting away with her flutzes...

Osmond competed in Canada so... Evgenia was on B-challenger in Slovakia and there judges were fair and strict(i very good) And it was first time, maybe seocnd when her flutz was called. Next week she will be compete in GP in Russia and then well..believe me, you wont see any flutz called .Judges are not so strict and decent in GP on Osmond and especially Zhenia. But maybe I will sound terrible, but lack of Osmond's flutzes in protocols is not so direct coz her PCS are not so high

moriel

Record Breaker
No matter what skater anyone preferred here, looking through and seeing edge calls on correct flips and no calls on questionable lutzes for both Alyona and Sofia is really giving me a headache. Can these people please not be allowed into any TP ever again?

IMO, Alyona should haven taken the win on pure skating quality (that intricate choreo, so much speed!), but I guess I better focus on the silver lining of the right girls going to the final. Rikas PCS being this high despite her freak falls is baffling too, much as I love her. Some really awkward judging here, to be honest.

Congratulations to all the medalists and JGP finalists! Hopefully everyone stays healthy and gets current injuries healed in time (looking at you Daria!) and they can live up to their potential. An absolutely amazing field, can't be said any differently :love:

It really looked like judges were trying too hard to get her into the final =(

tjb

Match Penalty
Osmond competed in Canada so... Evgenia was on B-challenger in Slovakia and there judges were fair and strict(i very good) And it was first time, maybe seocnd when her flutz was called. Next week she will be compete in GP in Russia and then well..believe me, you wont see any flutz called .Judges are not so strict and decent in GP on Osmond and especially Zhenia. But maybe I will sound terrible, but lack of Osmond's flutzes in protocols is not so direct coz her PCS are not so high

osmond has 3 flutzes in 2 programs, while medvedeva has 1. but of course not calling osmond edges, it's totally fine, but in medvedeva's case it's a crime

Tulipstar

Medalist

You only have four posts, but two of them are already dedicated to talking about Medvedeva's (f)lutz in a topic that has nothing to do with Medvedeva.
You might want to start out by just sticking to the topic under discussion, which is the Junior Grand Prix in Egna, where Medvedeva did not participate.

Grin

Medalist

This season Evgeina got one "e" and two "!". Osmond got zero...
But agree that Autumn Classic isn't really an international competition.

tjb

Match Penalty
You only have four posts, but two of them are already dedicated to talking about Medvedeva's (f)lutz in a topic that has nothing to do with Medvedeva.
You might want to start out by just sticking to the topic under discussion, which is the Junior Grand Prix in Egna, where Medvedeva did not participate.

and that's his first post on the forum. lol

Sorry for having a first post looking like that, but I just registered to post it. I ve been here for a while..Why one should think Yuna's FS from 2013 was overscored and at the same time not thinking that Medviedeva is not oversocred at all, especially her last 9/11 FD on Worlds getting over 150 points? Leave that girl alone, if she got 130 for Miserable that year you would have beeen satisfied? anyway, that program is a legend, it is that important?

Purv

Match Penalty
No, I meant BOTH- Medviedeva and Osmond, not just Zhenia, dont forget that...
Sorry, it wasnt me who expanded the topic about medviedeva and osmond. I just mention them because I wanted to notice the fact that judges dont care for clean lutzez, even when they judge top skaters
Oh I understood know, you meant the other topic.I could explain but i dont think you care :)

starla16

Medalist
maybe this is that guy/gurl spewing profanity and curses on youtube chats against Medvedeva and russian skaters. :shock2:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
+ 1 for ignore list :sarcasm:

Anyways, congrats to Alyona, Sofia and Rika for making the finals :agree:

Tulipstar

Medalist
No, I meant BOTH- Medviedeva and Osmond, not just Zhenia, dont forget that...
Sorry, it wasnt me who expanded the topic about medviedeva and osmond. I just mention them because I wanted to notice the fact that judges dont care for clean lutzez, even when they judge top skaters

Osmond also did not participate in this junior competition.

The topic of Evgenia Medvedeva's (f)lutz has been talked to death on this forum.
If you want to do it all over, that's fine, but please do it in topics that are actually (at least somewhat) about her.

Purv

Match Penalty
Osmond also did not participate in this junior competition.

The topic of Evgenia Medvedeva's (f)lutz has been talked to death on this forum.
If you want to do it all over, that's fine, but please do it in topics that are actually (at least somewhat) about her.

Sorry i ddint mean anything wrong, I mean judges are not strict with the topskaters in seniors , so we shouldn have pretensions abotu juniors. Osmond not competing here has nothing to do with it. Yuns's program -Miserable also didnt compete this year ,but it is still bashed. Why some skaters cannot be "bashed" on this forum when they re still competing and other can be all this time even if they are retired and gone?

and that's his first post on the forum. lol

So it is fine bashing a skater who dont compete anymore and talk about some overscored points she got four years ago?Is that fine? Doble standarts maybe? I wrote that i actually register to post it, i am sick of mentioning yuna and her overscored points when shes retired..Why don you get over it?Others cant critizise anyone but a-you can , coz 10 year agosome skater got too many points and you cant live with it

randomfan

Record Breaker
Once again I’m surprised but happy that Sofia took the title. I’m really rooting for her this season, especially because of how unfair the previous season was for her. Glad to see her going to the final! :cheer: Also, her english is great!

I think Alena deserved the win, but it doesn’t really matter at the end because she and Sofia would’ve both made the final anyway. Alena’s music is gorgeous and she is really skilled in her skating, particularly the transitions (simply amazing and surprisingly smooth too). If they water the choreography a bit (then again, this is a Tutberidze skater we’re talking about) then she’ll shine even more.

Now as for Rika...sigh. I’m excited to see her going to the final and I’m a fan of her, but she did not deserve those scores (even though she rotated all 8 triples). I think both Young and Nana (and maybe even Yelim) should’ve been ahead of Rika in the free skate at least. Nevertheless, I’m sure Rika and her coach are still disappointed with the performance, so I hope she enters with guns blazing at the final (going against 5 Russians will be motivating too).

It’s sad to see that Nana not only didn’t qualify for the final, but she’s also only the second alternate, so if someone withdraws, she won’t be the first one in line. She’s such a talented skater who just got unlucky. Maybe next year, then.

Young did much better than at her previous outing, though she did seem more focused on the jumps this time. This is a good sign for her entering Nationals, since her results in the JGP can back her up when KSF selects the Junior Worlds team! Great job here, Young! :clap:

Yelim also had some redemption in the free skate. Both new programs are much better than her other ones, and I can see a bit more in her presentation. She’s going to face a tough field for the two spots at Junior Worlds, so I hope she takes the remaining time to enhace her skating further.

friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
Alena Kostornaia is such a wonderful skater. I hope she keeps giving great performances :hap10:

Congrats to all the medalists!

tjb

Match Penalty
and now, with her 2 jgp gold's and 190+ international score, sofia will be enjoying a really favorable judging at russian competitions. and because she is terribly consistent, this will not do any good to russian skating

russianfan

Match Penalty
and now, with her 2 jgp gold's and 190+ international score, sofia will be enjoying a really favorable judging at russian competitions. and because she is terribly consistent, this will not do any good to russian skating

what? :noshake: come on