2017 JGP Italy Ladies FS | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Italy Ladies FS

tjb

Match Penalty
I wouldn't say that. Zagitova won the first JGP while being third on her second event. And in the mix, there were Gubanova (who won both JGP, Rika with the 3A, Marin, the previous winner of the Junior Worlds, who didn't participate at the end). So the field was really competitive as well.

and there were polina, who also won both events. zagitova, tsurskaya, gubanova and kihira all had sb of 194 prior to the final. ted was calling that a "194 club"

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Nice podium and a close finish!! Congrats to Samo for 2 GP wins... she'll certainly make the JGPF interesting and could play spoiler for Eteri's crew.

Too bad Kihira couldn't hit her 3A - she had some fab ones in the warmup. Hopefully she pulls it together for the Final.

That double-fall on the step sequence was so odd.... although I think the oddest thing is that's the first time I've seen someone fall twice on one element -- and yet, a judge gave it a -2! :unsure:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Nice podium and a close finish!! Congrats to Samo for 2 GP wins... she'll certainly make the JGPF interesting and could play spoiler for Eteri's crew.

Too bad Kihira couldn't hit her 3A - she had some fab ones in the warmup. Hopefully she pulls it together for the Final.

That double-fall on the step sequence was so odd.... although I think the oddest thing is that's the first time I've seen someone fall twice on one element -- and yet, a judge gave it a -2! :unsure:

Even if Sonya plays spoiler and Rika brings her whole thing, an Eteri girl will still medal. šŸ˜œ

Grin

Medalist

That judge also gave her more PCS than he gave Alena. He must be a big fan of Rika's talent )