2017 JGP Poland Ladies SP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Poland Ladies SP

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Walleys into jumps are my favorites. I think it was Bradie Tennell who did one in each direction into her 3lz a few years back. So Ca$h :cool:

I'm a little less favorable of Ina Bauer or spread eagles into Axel jumps...meh..:handw:

I'm the other way around. I find walleys weird and not particularly pretty transitions (though Alena made it work well) but love IBs and SEs into jumps.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
except for the fact that it had nothing to do with the music( just like the rest of her program) I thought it was pretty amazing!
If only those Eteri girls could do all those frenetic movements match the music :(
Then it would make sense and I would stop talking about it! lol

Even though I mentioned before how I wasn't particularly fond of the music, I actually think Alena matched the music in a lot of her movements, which is why I enjoyed watching her so much.

tars

Record Breaker
of course he is. just like all of russian fans of lipnitskaya.
he pretends to love some of eteri's skaters, but at the same time he wants someone to rescue them out out of sambo's evil kingdom, where athletes are getting injured, getting stripped out of personality, and all bad things can happen.
it's nothing new in what's he saying. lipnitskaya's fans are more predictibale than Yuna fans
You got me. :hopelessness:
I hate Eteri so much, I created this.
It's called Extrapolation Through Expression of Reverse Internal hate (shortly "ETERI" hate), is very dangerous and totally incurable.

The only crack on your undeniably impressive intellectual acuity would be the fact, I'm not Russian. :agree:

tjb

Match Penalty
It's called Extrapolation Through Expression of Reverse Internal hate (shortly "ETERI" hate), is very dangerous and totally incurable.

The only crack on your undeniably impressive intellectual acuity would be the fact, I'm not Russian. :agree:

and where are you from, then? ukraine? this might also explain something :laugh: you are clearly a person who speaks russian

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

Oh my goodness, you made that? That is a work of beauty :biggrin:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
and where are you from, then? ukraine? this might also explain something :laugh: you are clearly a person who speaks russian

I am not sure what tars is going to answer. But my own take is that he/she is one of the most (if not the most) mysterious GS members who has been here well before you and myself and who had several lifes and reincarnations some of which were quite famous. :thumbsup: As for the country, it is hardly Ukraine. I would think of Belarus, Baltic republics or Eastern European countries. A lot of people there have decent knowledge of Russian.

skatenewbie

Medalist
i just watch few perfomances, i think many people complain about Alena score already but i agree that she should get lower than 69. her GOE is way too high on some element, CCoSp, LSp, her jumps also (while i love her 3T rippon, it's beautiful but her 3F and 3Lz and even her 2A is not tight in the air even though not as bad as Tarakanova, get her leg a slight wrap) Daria's jump is better and she should score higher than 65, she performs better than in her 1st JGP lol. idk which should be #1 Alena or Daria but their score should be closer/about the same imo. Also underscored Eunsoo, 24 PCS?!! she should get 60 at least...

tjb

Match Penalty
seriously, some people here need to chill :O

And those conspiracy theories kill me every time. Why can't you just accept some people might criticize some skaters/coach without hating them?

@tjb

By the way, I'll read the rules to cure my ignorance, thank you for your precious advice. Because you know how enlightening and clear the rules are. And you know how judges follow them so thoroughly, all the time, with no exceptions.

And I've seen Sasha's jumps (I guess Sasha=Trusova right?). Just because you think she has perfect jumps, first of all, you can say it without calling me ignorant. Second, I do not think all of her jumps are perfect to the point of deserving +3. My question (yes, it was a question, I was not affirming anything) was basically what makes a jump a +3, according to the judges? And please, don't talk about the rules, because in the books everything is so pretty, but in reality things are different.
I guess that for you to get +3 in any element, it has to be simply of undeniable perfection.
For instance, you consider that Sasha's jumps deserved +3s but did she get those GOE marks? No, she got a lot of +2s and +1s.
So if you know the rules so well and based on them you think her jumps deserved +3s, then either the judges don't know the rules as well as you or they don't think her jumps are that perfect after all.

And in case you were talking about the other Sasha(Tarakanova), it's the same case.

So, it seems I'm yet to see a jump that deserves +3 in the Junior ladies circuit and so are the judges.

where exactly did i say that sasha's jumps are deserving a +3 GOEs?
and i'm not particularly interested in participating in one more eteri's or medvedeva's bashing, so i'm agreed in advance that sasha's jumps are horrible, and no one can reach the quality of yuna kim's jumps.

tjb

Match Penalty
Well, first, indeed it was not you who said it, it was atsumiri. So, my bad. I'm sorry. I've edited my post.

:thumbsup:

And I'm not bashing anyone. This is what I'm talking about. Every single time someone dares to criticize Eteri or some Eteri girl, fans automatically are summoned up to call people haters or say how stupid they are, or call them Yuna fans or say they are bashing on skaters, when all they did was criticize a skater's jump, for instance.

yeah, saying that alena (one of the most musically aware junior skaters) is not connected to the music, or calling her choreography a frantic movements or something, it's just on point critique. i'm just impressed how accurate and kind you are in your judgments

tjb

Match Penalty
i guess, when our beloved anna shch. will show up on a junior scene, she also will be lacking artistry and musicality. we need to prepare to accept the reality of her don't adding anything to interpretation with her frantic movements.
because really, what else this kind people can say about the skater, who technically is a total package

russianfan

Match Penalty

i might be wrong, but i guess he had nickname "venx" before and Poland flag if i'm not mistaken, but what does that change anyway?

Anyway, going back to the topic, it would be interesting to hear opinions from the guys who seen it live (i suppose here we have a lot of guys from Poland?)
Also, looking at the protocols, what is interesting - the Korean judge was the most generous (also giving the highest pcs among others to Russians!), while Polish judge was the most strict, giving the lowest to everyone (4.25 to Eunsoo and 4.75 to Daria, wow)

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Anyway, going back to the topic, it would be interesting to hear opinions from the guys who seen it live (i suppose here we have a lot of guys from Poland?)

Here I am :)
My mom, who knows basically nothing about figure skating, was so enchanted by both Russian girls that she keeps saying that they are perfect and the difference between them and the rest of the world is obvious even for a layman. Just quoting her opinion.

In terms of performance, I found Alena better in SP and Dasha better in FS. So I totally agree with the results. Alena is simply magical, like a little fairy flying over the ice, her programs are smooth and technique is gorgeous. She was very confident and attacking during all the warm-ups. Dasha is kinda darker in interpretation, more mature IMO but I think her SP is a bit tacky - I don't know why really, at first blush I thought that I Dreamed a Dream tells the story 14 y.o. simply cannot properly understand but she deals with interpretation of Ne Me Quitte Pas in a fabulous way, so here I'm pretty confused. Problem of choreography I suppose.

Emmy Ma has wonderful musicality. She's elegant and generally such a joy to watch. I'll be definitely watching her progress.

As for two Japanese... Akari's jumping technique is AMAZING and Rino is like a little princess on the ice yet they both were kinda forgettable.

About Eunsoo, I need to speak with her choreographer. She is talented, elegant, capable of showing different emotions and her programs are still just nice. Just nice. Like in novice or so.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I may like Dasha and root for her but I got a little chuckle looking at her protocol. Look...if you're going to be the ultimate backloader and only have two elements in the first half (Spin and StSeq) please achieve a level 4 on your StSeq. I mean...you have about a full minute to do it ;)

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland

Eteri is so modest I see :biggrin: :drama: