puremagic

-
Record Breaker
21- 23 Sep 2017
Ondrej Nepela Ice Rink
Bratislava, Slovakia

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 15:45 UTC/GMT +2 hours

Times in Other Places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...4&p7=352&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

Live stream

Start Order

StN.Name NationCurrent RankPoints
Warm-Up Group 1
1Kimberley HEW-LOW / Timothy MCKERNAN
AUS1335.18
2Viktoria KAVALIOVA / Yurii BIELIAIEV
BLR1050.48
3Aurelija IPOLITO / Malcolm JONES
LAT1238.58
4Yuliia ZHATA / Yan LUKOUSKI
UKR1143.96
Warm-Up Group 2
5Olga JAKUSHINA / Andrey NEVSKIY
LAT951.38
6Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS
LTU851.74
7Angelique ABACHKINA / Louis THAURON
FRA655.48
8Cortney MANSOUR / Michal CESKA
CZE752.28
Warm-Up Group 3
9Yura MIN / Alexander GAMELIN
KOR556.66
10Shari KOCH / Christian NÜCHTERN
GER458.04
11Betina POPOVA / Sergey MOZGOV
RUS360.98
12Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS
USA267.48
13Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV
RUS171.08

No.NameNation
1Kimberley HEW-LOW / Timothy MCKERNAN
SD: Rhumba: Safari by J. Balvin, Samba: Watch Out For This by Daddy Yankee; choreo by Massimo Scali
FD: Exogenesis Symphony Part III Redemption by Muse; choreo by Massimo Scali
AUS
2Viktoria KAVALIOVA / Yurii BIELIAIEV
SD: Bachata: Te Estrano by Xtreme, Salsa: Crystal Fusion by Deseo; choreo by Alexander Tolstik, S. Petukhov, O. Fomenko
FD: And the Waltz Goes On by Anthony Hopkins, performed by Andre Rieu; choreo by Alexander Tolstik, S. Petukhov, O. Fomenko
BLR
3Cortney MANSOUR / Michal CESKA
SD: Samba: Beat On My Drum by Gabry Ponte, Rhumba: Loin by Maitre Gims, Samba: Adios by Zimpala; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD: Kay by Carmine Coppola, A New Carpet by Carmine Coppola, The Immigrant (Main Title) by Nino Rota, Godfather Waltz (from "The Godfather" soundtrack) by Nino Rota, Finale (from "The Godfather" soundtrack) by Nino Rota; choreo by Igor Shpilband
CZE
4Angelique ABACHKINA / Louis THAURON
SD: Abrazame by Tamara
FD: Mariage D'Amour by George Davidson and Je Suis Malade by Lara Fabian
FRA
5Shari KOCH / Christian NÜCHTERN
SD: Samba: Moliendo Café by Paloma Berganza; Rhumba: Moliendo Café by Paloma Berganza; Salomé by Chayenne; choreo by Corrado Giordani
FD: Io ci saro by Andrea Boccelli ; choreo by Corrado Giordani
GER
WDRobynne TWEEDALE / Joseph BUCKLAND
SD: Samba: Latin, El Beso del Final by Christina Aguilera, Rhumba: Loca by Shakira; choreo by Philip Askew, Igor Shpilband
FD: Ghost (The Musical); choreo by Philip Askew, Igor Shpilband
GBR
7Aurelija IPOLITO / Malcolm JONES
SD: Cha Cha: Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White by Pérez Prado, Mambo: Mambo No. 8 by Pérez Prado
FD:
Battle Without Honor or Humanity, Falling Again by Maverick Saber, Tainted Love by Imelda May
LAT
8Olga JAKUSHINA / Andrey NEVSKIY
SD: Cha Cha: Faded, Rhumba: Latino Rhumba by Feminem feat. Alex
Samba; choreo by Sergei Petukhov
FD: Summertime by Al Jarrean, Just a Gigolo/I Ain't Got Nobody by Louis Prima; choreo by Sergei Petukhov
LAT
9Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS
SD: Samba: Light It Up (Samba Remix), Rhumba: Addicted to You (Rhumba Remix), Samba: Destination Calibria [Laidtrack Remix] by Alex Gaudino; choreo by Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali
FD: Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin [Sunset Sound Mix]; choreo by Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali
LTU
10Yura MIN / Alexander GAMELIN
SD: Despacito Luis Fonsi, My All by Mariah Carey, Mujer Latina by Thalia; choreo by Ksenia Rumiantseva, Ekaterina Volobueva
FD: Arirang performed by So Hyang; choreo by Ksenia Rumiantseva, Ekaterina Volobueva
KOR
11Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV
SD: Latin Lover by João Bosco, Samba
FD: Oblivion by Astor Piazzolla and Beethoven's Five Secrets by One Republic
RUS
12Betina POPOVA / Sergey MOZGOV
SD: Cha Cha, Rhumba: Formidable by Stromae, Samba: Batucada Brasileira; choreo by Ksenia Rumiantseva, Ekaterina Volobueva
FD: Carmen by Bizet; choreo by Ksenia Rumiantseva, Ekaterina Volobueva
RUS
13Yuliia ZHATA / Yan LUKOUSKI
SD: Cha Cha: Soha Mil Pasos (Kizomba Remix), Rhumba: Mañana de Carnaval by Luis Miguel, Samba: Babarabitiri by Todd Terry; choreo by Elena Novak, Mariya Tumanovskaya-Chaika
FD: Together (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack) performed by The XX; Drama (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack) performed by Killer Track; choreo by Elena Novak, Mariya Tumanovskaya-Chaika
UKR
14Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS
SD: "Mambo Molly" by Mambo Mollyy, "Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime" by Zuchero; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov and Natalia Skorikova
FD: La Partita" by Victor Jara & "Sikuridadas" and "Quiaquenpita" by Inti-Illimani (based on South American music & the contemporary Ghost Dances ballet); choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov and Natalia Skorikova
USA

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Come on Dima & Katia! The SD was much improved from the test skates and Russian Cup, let's hope they show a similar display at the FD. :clapper:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well the Aussies were, even with that fall, much better here than the SD. Sigh. More Muse. Same Muse. Muse Muse Muse. Grrrrrrr.

I don't think he's strong enough yet for the type of lift they fell on. And they just really need to work on basics: stroking (the edges are very shallow). More stroking. Stretch. Then more stroking.

But really, it was a better overall performance than the SD.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
K/B also much better here than in the SD. I love the color of her dress and it suits her complexion beautifully. But what a strange opening pose--I thought this was going to be a vampire/zombie number. And there are points where I thought, well maybe it is. Who knows??? Sometimes it's just enough to dance.

The lifts are weak. Every single one of them looked cumbersome. They both have such long lovely limbs that I wish they emphasized them more. And some more sweep to their waltz would perk it up.

Andrea82

Medalist
Viktoria KAVALIOVA / Yurii BIELIAIEV

FS: 74.54

Total: 125.02

Looking ahead at next week's Olympic qualification event, these two look a bit behind the big group fighting for the 5th (and 6th if the Danes leave it vacant) spot.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I/P literally did not go into their first dance hold until 1:53 in that program. And they only did one other dance hold the entire rest of the program. Both for required step sequences. That's really pushing it guys. I'd ding the heck out of you for it. Any more open and you might as well be skating with him in one rink and her in a different rink. In another country. On another continent.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I/P literally did not go into their first dance hold until 1:53 in that program. And they only did another dance hold the entire rest of the program. Both for required step sequences. That's really pushing it guys. I'd ding the heck out of you for it. Any more open and you might as well be skating with him in one rink and her in a rink. In another country.

Uh, harsh. :drama:

nimi

Medalist
This is probs the 1st time I've heard a song by The xx used in skating comp. Thumbs up for trying something new.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
This is probs the 1st time I've heard a song by The xx used in skating comp. Thumbs up for trying something new.

I was trying to think if I heard it before in another program, but I think it wasn't skating. Love this one song, tho.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

I thought that was actually interesting. There's some real thought put into the construction of that program. The exit out of the first set of twizzles, the way the next two sets serpentine, the low lifts which emphasize that. Interesting. And worked with the music.

ETA: The judges went with the traditional waltz. They're so staid and unadverturous.

nimi

Medalist
Why do so many male skaters (or their coaches/costumers) think untied bow tie is a good look? :noshake:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Why do so many male skaters (or their coaches/costumers) think untied bow tie is a good look? :noshake:

Anything that has even a remote relationship to the Sinatra-esque mid 50s American Song Book Era seems to equate to "he has to wear the untied bow tie look."

That was all sort of random, like the last dances of a long wedding reception. Maybe they were celebrating the joys of an open bar?

nimi

Medalist
That was all sort of random, like the last dances of a long wedding reception. Maybe they were celebrating the joys of an open bar?
Hmmm, a concept that could work for this program. They just need more speed and more amplitude of movement to properly convey it...