2017 Wild Rose Invitational | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Wild Rose Invitational

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
SS exceptional! Program still pretty raw and I think the combo bothered her, given she never misses the 3/3. Still, it has sooo much potential.

i am so not worried..

last year at wild rose... well... look it up... i think she had a good SP and then doubled her way through the entire FS... then what happened later on during the season? GPF and silver at worlds :)

Kaetlyn is super fit right now... she had plenty of space/time to do a 3toe after the flip... i think she just went safe so she could perform the program well as it's its debut... the lutz was either tighter or she decided to double it from the get go.. i am not sure but usually she gets more height... her set up is so quick though...

I like that she used that very jazzy version of summertime... it suits her very well. YAY KAETLYN

On a side note, I remembered Jane Gray from nationals as she wore a very nice chartreuse dress... and tonight she had a good dress again.... happy she landed her triples

not convinced about Larkyn.... I think Alaine is still miles ahead.

vintagefigureskater

On the Ice
Summertime is not my favorite piece of piece of music by a long shot, but I really enjoyed that from Kaetlyn. :) The doubles were probably intentional. IIRC, she did the same thing at Wild Rose last year.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I've just noticed that the Dailymotion vid has been taken down (most likely due to the music), so here's my screen recording:

Kaetlyn Osmond's SP (the password is osmond): https://vimeo.com/228455243

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I updated the link with the poster's YouTube version if anyone wants an open video.

I'll be tuning in tomorrow night for senior women and novice women. Finally get to see one of my favourites for the first time since Challenge last year! :hap93:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
i am so not worried..

last year at wild rose... well... look it up... i think she had a good SP and then doubled her way through the entire FS... then what happened later on during the season? GPF and silver at worlds :)

Kaetlyn is super fit right now... she had plenty of space/time to do a 3toe after the flip... i think she just went safe so she could perform the program well as it's its debut... the lutz was either tighter or she decided to double it from the get go.. i am not sure but usually she gets more height... her set up is so quick though...

I do remember Wild Rose 2016 and she did double her LP jumps. So I am sure that this was a case of test the layout, get some feedback so to speak. The dress looked amazing, btw. And you're right 4ever, she did have loads of time for the 3 toe on the combo, but elected to do a double only.

Likely a safer type program later today, I am thinkin'

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
thank you all a lot for providing the video of Kaetlyn's SP:)

first of all, I have to say that she looked STUNNING - I know, appearance alone does not win you medals, but boy, she stepped on ice with that dress and more important - wearing an aura of confidence, making everyone focus solely on her. The design of the dress is amazing, kudos to person who made it happen! I think that the dress matches actually 'Summertime' climate perfectly, with deep colour and a bit of glamour flare.

the general thought I have, taking in the performance, is that I am able to appreciate equally solidness/difficulty in jumps/elements execution presented that early on AND the quality of thoughtful, mature performance/expression put out there, even without foot-perfect jumps in place. And Kaetlyn's SP choreography was already performed for me with so much engagement, thought and personality, she really is a skater who makes people look at the overall quality of your skating and makes it to appear amazing. I love already transition into second spin, the overall musicality of choreography and its attention to the mood of the music, step sequence.

this is the best for Kaetlyn to go out with her programs that early - regardless if she's doing triples or doubles I think. Her doubling her jumps does not necessarily mean that she's in that shape jumping-wise - I sense personally that now she just wants to focus on feeling out both programs and establishing them step-by-step in competitive environment. Of course - there will be negativity and chuckling over those doubles, but the most important for me is the fact that Kaetlyn clearly goes in her own way of preparation, setting the standard and the pace by herself only, not looking at others.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
thank you all a lot for providing the video of Kaetlyn's SP:)

first of all, I have to say that she looked STUNNING - I know, appearance alone does not win you medals, but boy, she stepped on ice with that dress and more important - wearing an aura of confidence, making everyone focus solely on her. The design of the dress is amazing, kudos to person who made it happen! I think that the dress matches actually 'Summertime' climate perfectly, with deep colour and a bit of glamour flare.

the general thought I have, taking in the performance, is that I am able to appreciate equally solidness/difficulty in jumps/elements execution presented that early on AND the quality of thoughtful, mature performance/expression put out there, even without foot-perfect jumps in place. And Kaetlyn's SP choreography was already performed for me with so much engagement, thought and personality, she really is a skater who makes people look at the overall quality of your skating and makes it to appear amazing. I love already transition into second spin, the overall musicality of choreography and its attention to the mood of the music, step sequence.

this is the best for Kaetlyn to go out with her programs that early - regardless if she's doing triples or doubles I think. Her doubling her jumps does not necessarily mean that she's in that shape jumping-wise - I sense personally that now she just wants to focus on feeling out both programs and establishing them step-by-step in competitive environment. Of course - there will be negativity and chuckling over those doubles, but the most important for me is the fact that Kaetlyn clearly goes in her own way of preparation, setting the standard and the pace by herself only, not looking at others.

those who are negative about kaetlyn's doubles can just check her very recent video where she had fun tagging 3toes on pretty much everything...

Some skaters may use place holders early in the season for new jumps... (doubles or triples instead of triples or quads) but these jumps are not new for Kaetlyn... the programs though are new and Kaetlyn admits herself that she takes care right away about details and choreography... so it's safe to say that her strategy here was to skate through the program... Unlike some other skaters, she has changed the order of the elements and also, I think that she's adapted some positions in the spins... in light of that, it's a real new program for her, not just a "let's put my layout onto some new music kind of deal" .... also, I read that some believe this is a similar program to last year's...

well ... no... Edith Piaf in its purest version versus a jazzy cover of Summertime... extremely different themes and I think Kaetlyn and her team are addressing this very well, not only by costuming but also by the overall presentation. Last year, Kaetlyn oozed French flair... and the French chanson era was evident in her program... this year, I see a completely different story... very classy, jazzy theme... as if she could be dancing in a jazz club wearing a glamourous dress.

I love summertime in the original version and was pleasantly surprised they took a jazzy cover.... it gives a completely different mood and look to the program and I think it will be a hit....

I cannot wait to see it in a month or two... it will have grown already so much!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I misread the schedule (d'oh) and missed junior women's SP yesterday. It appears Skate AB/NWT/NUN hasn't uploaded videos from that event, though they are putting up entire events on their Dailymotion. Did anyone catch Olivia Gran yesterday?

Edit: She apparently WD. That's not good. She's one of the NextGen ladies being considered for a JGP slot. So her next appearance should be at BC/YK Summerskate if she's healthy. She'll have one shot to prove her readiness. :eek:hwell:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The Senior Women's LP will start soon.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Anyone else having screen issues with the Sobeys arena video...it freezes and then all black.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Would someone please send a copy of their link - thanks! Attempted one from first page of Thread, but no luck.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Thanks PrincessBeany. I get the commercials and then a black screen, nothing else. Oh well, will have to view later.

I will anxiously await all your reports and your video, siberia82 ;)