2023 Wild Rose Summer Invitational | Aug 4-7 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Wild Rose Summer Invitational | Aug 4-7

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The long pause before turned the stream into Conrad fancam :ROFLMAO:
Could count the pearls on his costume haha
I definitely was looking at Conrad for all of that time... but somehow, I was looking everywhere but at his pearls.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, 49 seems to be my number….
Lia Cho wins Novice SP with 49,
Abigail Peace wins Junior SP with 49 (She is from Saskatoon, so, I automatically root for skaters in provinces not known for figure skating)
Then, Grace Johnson skates a 49 to place second behind not Uliana, but, Amelia (she must have improved from last season). The Orzels are not playing around this season 😝

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well, 49 seems to be my number….
Lia Cho wins Novice SP with 49,
Abigail Peace wins Junior SP with 49 (She is from Saskatoon, so, I automatically root for skaters in provinces not known for figure skating)
Then, Grace Johnson skates a 49 to place second behind not Uliana, but, Amelia (she must have improved from last season). The Orzels are not playing around this season 😝
Amelia was very injured and didn't compete last season. She was the novice champion one year.... and I am glad the Orzels are doing well... she is the sister of my son... so yeah :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Uliana popped her combo... but her PCS is slightly higher at this event... and almost on par with the rest of the top 5.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
alberta division needs to improve their scoring delivery... gosh this is slow...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Time for Conrad to skate…. Praying 🙏🏽 he lands his quads and 3A. Hoping for a 140+ score 😝
I am just looking forward to seeing his new program... assuming he didn't keep two old ones... though, if I were him, I would have kept the LP and ditched the SP :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
score-wise, above 200 is good enough for me at this point... so i would say, 128 :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
ok... conrad.... the triple axel is a thing of beauty... quad sal.. problems... i think he did triple the second quad toe... there are some good things in here, most noteworthy is the way his glide has improved so much.... the last two spins were strong too... i like what i am saying seeing but the program will take a while for me to get into... not my cup of tea.

Last edited:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The good…… His 4S was not a bad attempt. I think he should just do one 4S and one 4T. His 3A was awesome! 👏 I think maybe he should do two triple axels instead of going for two quad toes.
Also, the rest of his triples do have good height.
Also, 138… almost 140. 210+ score is good start to the season

The bad….. I don’t like this music for him. Also, his combo’s are 🫣; why go for only one +2A? Add two 2A’s or go for eu 3S for one of the combos. He missed a jump completely. Doesn’t show he can think on the spot.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The good…… His 4S was not a bad attempt. I think he should just do one 4S and one 4T. His 3A was awesome! 👏 I think maybe he should do two triple axels instead of going for two quad toes.
Also, the rest of his triples do have good height.
Also, 138… almost 140. 210+ score is good start to the season

The bad….. I don’t like this music for him. Also, his combo’s are 🫣; why go for only one +2A? Add two 2A’s or go for eu 3S for one of the combos. He missed a jump completely. Doesn’t show he can think on the spot.
well... I wouldn't go as far as saying he cannot think on the spot in the first event of the season.... he actually did think on the spot twice this weekend when he was on a tilt in the 3A in the SP and doubled it... and when the quad toe didn't feel right and tripled it LOL :)

so yeah.. at least, he did attempt all 3 combos, including the 4t-3t... there is a potential for an extra +2a or +2t or even +2l but meh...

i think it's a good outing as you mention this early in the season

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
however, the imagine dragon music is definitely not my cup of tea for conrad.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
wait, two Orzels won a SP on the same day? :party2: :biggrin:
(yeah, I'm behind)

looks like there wasn't much to see with the Junior Women after I left..
They are live with the FP now: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8mtto0

Will watch the men's FP during resurfacing.
I am done for today... if I want to feel like going to CQÉ next weekend, I better stay away from too much figure skating for now... lol... might check results later :)

yesterday

Record Breaker
I definitely was looking at Conrad for all of that time... but somehow, I was looking everywhere but at his pearls.
giphy.gif