2023 Wild Rose Summer Invitational | Aug 4-7 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Wild Rose Summer Invitational | Aug 4-7

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
giphy.gif
that's exactly me.. without the yellow skin and more hair... I would love a green fridge though and i haven't seen a phone in the wall in a few decades :)

yesterday

Record Breaker
Men's FP archive: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8n17g7

I thought Brennan Webb reminded me of someone, but couldn't name it until half of the program. It's the hands/arms, a bit like Broussard.
The rest, unfortunately, can't follow.

Oh, Kole Sauve. Recycling Frangipani's music :biggrin: incl. a knee slide I guess?
Difference: it was a SP for Gabriele, this is a FP and you have the feeling it's never gonna end (when you're used to the other program)
easy win.

~~

Ethan, king of pop. But I like the hair. And he risked 3A.

Conrad: eyy? Well, he fought for the 3T and the costume is not too bad. Gloves, well.
Spins and Steps improved.
But Believer? And three songs in total 🤔 Did Yuma keep his program? High possibility.
Now I'd like to know who choreographed it.
At least the rain is gone..

Christopher, what is this music change? 🤨 costume does not fit the second half.

Damien: gaaah, really? Well, he's not risking direct comparison, but still. I don't get it 😅 And the costume.. just does not say it.

and to round that off:
RankCompetitorClubSectionTotalShort ProgramFree Program
1Conrad OrzelThornhill FSCON211,2072,23138,97
2Damien BueckertSkate SaskatoonSK143,6747,1096,57
3Ethan ScottIce Palace FSCAB/NT/NU138,5052,5385,97
4Christopher HammerFliteway FSCAB/NT/NU121,7947,3074,49

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Men's FP archive: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8n17g7

I thought Brennan Webb reminded me of someone, but couldn't name it until half of the program. It's the hands/arms, a bit like Broussard.
The rest, unfortunately, can't follow.

Oh, Kole Sauve. Recycling Frangipani's music :biggrin: incl. a knee slide I guess?
Difference: it was a SP for Gabriele, this is a FP and you have the feeling it's never gonna end (when you're used to the other program)
easy win.

~~

Ethan, king of pop. But I like the hair. And he risked 3A.

Conrad: eyy? Well, he fought for the 3T and the costume is not too bad. Gloves, well.
Spins and Steps improved.
But Believer? And three songs in total 🤔 Did Yuma keep his program? High possibility.
Now I'd like to know who choreographed it.
At least the rain is gone..

Christopher, what is this music change? 🤨 costume does not fit the second half.

Damien: gaaah, really? Well, he's not risking direct comparison, but still. I don't get it 😅 And the costume.. just does not say it.
i only watched Ethan and Conrad... I liked Ethan.. but it's another world with Conrad skating right after... I will watch Conrad again, now that I know what his mistakes are, I can deal with it better.... :)

yesterday

Record Breaker
i only watched Ethan and Conrad... I liked Ethan.. but it's another world with Conrad skating right after... I will watch Conrad again, now that I know what his mistakes are, I can deal with it better.... :)
Yeah ofc those 4 together is a competition between 3 somehow 😅

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think Conrad should ditch the flip and put a second lutz instead... his lutz is so nice and his flip gets an edge call. Other than that, it's a question of going for two quad toes or two triple axels... I am not sure at this point.. His quad toe has always been his stronger jump. I like that he goes for the quad salchow.... it's almost there... What I like best I think is that he has improved technically on all these jumps, though they are not perfect of course... they used to be MUCH wilder.

yesterday

Record Breaker
though, if I were him, I would have kept the LP and ditched the SP :)
btw.. I think for the sake of having "musical contrast" and maybe wanting to go for pop songs (just other...), this was the right choice.
Though two new programs are usually fine too.

yesterday

Record Breaker
I think Conrad should ditch the flip and put a second lutz instead... his lutz is so nice and his flip gets an edge call. Other than that, it's a question of going for two quad toes or two triple axels... I am not sure at this point.. His quad toe has always been his stronger jump. I like that he goes for the quad salchow.... it's almost there... What I like best I think is that he has improved technically on all these jumps, though they are not perfect of course... they used to be MUCH wilder.
As you're still here, might watch the last 4 jun women? :)

e: there's a Zorro program on atm

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The Junior Women were not bad. Gabrielle was the girl that won the Novice Challenger event and then followed up with a disaster skate at Novice Nationals. But, she has a lot of triples and won here with 130+. Also, the two girls from AB improved this year. They got silver and bronze and with these scores, it seems like the top 18 bar to make Nationals will increase due to skaters moving up from Novice to Juniors like Gabrielle and then skaters like these AB skaters improving. Also, the girl from SK, she came in fourth. But, with a skate of 120+, skaters like her are good enough to possibly qualify to Nationals. Her (SK) and Breken (MB) are two skates I will root for, to represent these two provinces.

Will watch Novice and then Senior Women (Go Grace!) and then go back to Novice to watch Lia Cho.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Final flight of Senior Ladies starting now….
I don’t think anybody can beat Uliana. Uliana has too many triples.
But, I’m interested in the battle for silver medal between the three AB skaters. Hoping they all skate 130+.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Grace…. Kept her masterpiece program from last year 😝
I think she accidentally jumped two 3T’s 😥
I also think the first jump was supposed to be a 3Lz, instead it was a huge popped 2Lz.
She still has two 3T and two 3S and I love the speed she Carrie’s across the ice. She better get PCS scores higher than Uliana.

Edit: 91 free skate. I’m happy with that. 140.94 overall 👏

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Grace…. Kept her masterpiece program from last year 😝
I think she accidentally jumped two 3T’s 😥
I also think the first jump was supposed to be a 3Lz, instead it was a huge popped 2Lz.
She still has two 3T and two 3S and I love the speed she Carrie’s across the ice. She better get PCS scores higher than Uliana.

Edit: 91 free skate. I’m happy with that. 140.94 overall 👏
it was a 3f not a 3t :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
glad to see amelia back... she doesn't have all her jumps back yet post -injury... no flip. no salchow.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow! Amelia is in good shape this year. 147 score overall.
Uliana… with all those combos at the end is going to make Senior Ladies an interesting competition this year. She was clean 👏

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
solid skate by Uliana. It's nice to see her not give up on the competition after a popped combo in the SP. She did well here.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Wow! Amelia is in good shape this year. 147 score overall.
Uliana… with all those combos at the end is going to make Senior Ladies an interesting competition this year. She was clean 👏
If she could only have a smoother glide... she has polished some of her moves already 157 was her score by the way :)