2018 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies Free Skate | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2018 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies Free Skate

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA)
in orangey-pink halter dress with black edging detail and orangey-pink bands on one arm

3Lo-3T
3F
3Lz-2T-2Lo
CCoSp
2A
StSq this is odd choreography or execution; it almost looks like she's forgotten what she's doing
2A-3T
ChSq
3Lz
3S
FCSp
LSp

Strange program. Parts of it were good, but there were a few parts where it almost looked like she didn't know what was happening. Her jumps were ON today though which was great.

frida80

Record Breaker
I see training in Florida has been just as good for Mei. We may see the opening of the flood gates.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Mae Bernice had a very good outing! I think she'll get the bronze, which is a shame from the point of view of Kailani, but great news for her!

I enjoyed that music! (Now I wonder if Med could do Spanish music - or has she already, I haven't seen all the programs she's ever done)

moriel

Record Breaker
I wanna know what Eteri is doing at this moment. Watching the live-stream with popcorn?

133... LOL

But fair. Evgenia had no program. She was skating around on two feet the whole second half and there was no charisma/presentation either and the jumps were not GOEnuine.

I dunno, Eteri probably fine, she doesnt even need popcorn. I mean, Trusova has higher TES than Gogolev in her SP, Eteri probably killed her yearly ration of popcorn back then.

I am more interested to hear what TAT got to say about this.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Here's the thing, if she doesn't medal at the major events, Russia will ask her to come back because they won't pay Orser for worse results.

Not to totally derail this thread, but I'm curious here. Doesn't Med have enough money from endorsements and prize money to pay for Orser herself?

s_parks

Record Breaker
Let me tell you a tale of a certain sibling dance team who placed 3rd in a Senior B behind two relatively "low-ranked" teams in the fall of 2016. By the end they were 4CC champs and World silver medalists.

Lesson learned: The first competition doesn't always define the season.

And everyone forgets the Shibs lost to both Gilles/Poirier and Coomes/Buckland the season of their Fix You program(before they...fixed it. lol).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And everyone forgets the Shibs lost to both Gilles/Poirier and Coomes/Buckland the season of their Fix You program(before they...fixed it. lol).

Actually in hindsight they needed the competition to fix it! It was beneficial in the long run.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not to totally derail this thread, but I'm curious here. Doesn't Med have enough money from endorsements and prize money to pay for Orser herself?

Exactly. The hard sell on the bridge in Brooklyn has begun:laugh:

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
So we’re just going to ignore the fact that Bradie was overscored to another century?

Get my bat because I’m going full on Beyoncé (doesn’t apply that much to this situation but I really wanted to say that)

moriel

Record Breaker
It’s hard I know, but remember, the folks who would compare different scores from different comps and different judges and different conditions.

Folks who think that a comp in September is the end all and be all for all time to come.

Well, there’s also a bridge in Brooklyn they want to sell you.;) And you’re not buying :)

Hmmmm of course a comp in semptember is end of all.
I mean, every year before this, while zhenya was with Eteri, a single step out by her at test skates resulted in a major outcry on how she is done and will never win anything again.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice Bronze for Mae!!! I am so happy to see her on the podium...I can’t remember the last time I saw it :scratch:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Here's the thing, if she doesn't medal at the major events, Russia will ask her to come back because they won't pay Orser for worse results.

That's premature, and she did medal, so she should be fine for now.

Like others have said, once she gets fitter - she seemed very puffed - I bet she can skate the Heck outta of that program and it'll be boss.

A bronze for Mae! She's so happy! :biggrin:

Congrats to Bradie as well, that program really caught my eye, a well deserved gold.

And of course, Kailani for her fourth place! This was quite strong field I think so what an awesome result!