2018 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies Free Skate | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2018 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies Free Skate

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Tennel was more "Medvedeva" than Medvedeva herself. The program was packed with transitions, her spins were fast, her landings were secure, well at least in the first half. She has a room for growth to become a formidable competitor.

As for Medvedeva, so far everything is quite depressing for me. Hope about some miracle. That is what's left.

Balloon

On the Ice
Reese is PreNovice, a great start to her skating but with lots of growth. I think she’s 10.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Just catching up. Way to go Kailani, just missing the podium!:hap10: Congratulations to Bradie for winning, she’s going to make things very interesting this season. Not at all worried about Evgenia, she has a core of steel. And very happy Mae won a medal, and to see how happy she was!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
What Canadian junior could be a threat to the likes of Trusova, Shcherbakova, Kostornaia, Kihira, Valieva, Liu etc? I remember vaguely a promisingly junior called Reese Rose or something...

Canadian ladies have long been late bloomers, as coaches here do not subscribe to being 16 and retiring. Beyond Kaetlyn, Gabby, should they remain in the sport and who both peaked after their teens, there is also our next crop including Sarah Maude, Aurora and Amelia. Check them out as the 3 look to be very promising.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Canadian ladies have long been late bloomers, as coaches here do not subscribe to being 16 and retiring. Beyond Kaetlyn, Gabby, should they remain in the sport and who both peaked after their teens, there is also our next crop including Sarah Maude, Aurora and Amelia. Check them out as the 3 look to be very promising.

What about Alicia?

rain

Record Breaker
Just catching up. Way to go Kailani, just missing the podium!:hap10: Congratulations to Bradie for winning, she’s going to make things very interesting this season. Not at all worried about Evgenia, she has a core of steel. And very happy Mae won a medal, and to see how happy she was!

I thought Medvedeva looked great here for this point in the season. The double axel was AWOL, of course, but her fall in the long looked like an endurance issue (she looked exhausted during her subsequent spin and footwork) rather than anything else and that is totally fixable and somewhat expected. I loved the sophistication of the choreography of her new programs, especially the long. I think this will be a really special program by the end of the season. On the whole I think she looked like she had more speed (perhaps that's part of the endurance issue at this point). I'm looking forward to seeing her progress as the season goes.

Brady looked awesome for this point in the season. The one thing I think was lacking was any sense of trying to convey a feeling with the music...perhaps someone needs to spell out a storyline for her or something, as in "here you're portraying this emotion, and here you change with the music to this emotion". It's all just a bit mechanical at this point. But it's great that she's already at the stage where they can start to look at those parts of the skating. On a totally shallow note, I wish she'd do something different with her hair — a different style or something.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I just rewatched some of the event. Mae‘s reaction was so sweet in the kiss and cry. I was so happy to see her have some success.

Her jumps are huge, but her loose air position doesn’t do her any favors. Either way, I hope she keeps skating like this!

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
I finally got around to watching the top three:

-Mae Berenice: It's great to see her doing so well after a few rough seasons. I love seeing such joyous reactions to good skates. :) However, she really needs to work on her speed and performance (She should take notes from Valentina re: the latter!). Her costume was beautiful - a fabulous colour and great design for her!
-Evgenia: I want to start by saying how much I like her attitude - I loved her smile after the fall and her interactions with Brian and Tracy. :) I am not convinced about this program though - It seemed pretty empty and lacked connection/performance until the footwork. I didn't like the music until that point either, to be honest. I'm also not a fan of this costume - The colour is good for her, but the style isn't terribly flattering.
-Bradie: She's definitely the new 'Reliable Rachel'! ;) It's impressive how consistent she is. Hopefully she will get her underrotations cleaned up. This is definitely a step up from her FS from last year, but there is still some odd choreography (I'm not sure about some of the arm movements). She is performing better though. Her costume is very pretty, but the snaps on the shoulders are really obvious. Surely there is a better way to design such a costume.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Paganini is quite good, but there's something holding her back that I can't quite place. Maybe it's a sort of stiffness in the hips or upper body? Some kind of lack of flow.