2018 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies Free Skate | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2018 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies Free Skate

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Yep 8th and 5th at her GP events, lost Nationals to Miki And and was a distant 6th at Worlds after winning it the year before.

And then went on to repeat as World Champion several years later.

Sure, Med was second, but Bradie was really good here. It's not like Evgenia lost to a crummy skate. And I just don't think she's 100% ready yet. I think she'll be fine by the Grand Prix.

Even Yuna never won every competition. Med still hasn't finished off the podium. That says a lot.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
And then went on to repeat as World Champion several years later.

Sure, Med was second, but Bradie was really good here. It's not like Evgenia lost to a crummy skate. And I just don't think she's 100% ready yet. I think she'll be fine by the Grand Prix.

Even Yuna never won every competition. Med still hasn't finished off the podium. That says a lot.

And again she uprooted her whole life, left her lifelong coach less than 3 months ago. I don't know. Maybe I'm a wuss but I don't think I'd be back in top form after all that in 3 months. As I said in the Russian Ladies thread: Can we please give Evgenia until after her 2nd GP to throw a funeral for her career.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mrs. P, going off topic. I hate to do it, but you're not on the pairs thread. Anyway...

Following up on our brief exchange on the Pairs Short thread. I watched Haven and Brandon's LP. Obviously a rough day at the office, especially for her. But what struck me was how much HE has improved in terms of softer, more confident skating (I used "less clunky" last time we chatted).

They're not officially on my "I'm interested enough to watch this" list. Thought you should know.

OH common guys you're making me look bad! ON TOPIC.

I appreciate the post though, TontoK. EDITED: Haven and Brandon got on your list! YAY.

Kinda curious what you think of Jason's program (OKAY THERE I DONE IT.)

Or Zhenya's if you want to stay on topic.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Not the men's thread but I really, really appreciate Jason's new more mature look. It is sort of how I feel about Charlie White after he cut off that ridiculous surf boy hair he had.

GASP you don't mean the curls do you? I loved the curls!

Adam Rippon did the same thing...

Let the hair be is my motto :laugh:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am especially pleased for Mae. She was so happy.

I know, I was really hoping for Kailani to get the bronze, but Mae skated so well and looked so thrilled, good for her, I say!

Does Mae have any GPs BTW? I know Kailani doesn't, shame.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I know, I was really hoping for Kailani to get the bronze, but Mae skated so well and looked so thrilled, good for her, I say!

Does Mae have any GPs BTW? I know Kailani doesn't, shame.

She got a host spot at TdF!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not the men's thread but I really, really appreciate Jason's new more mature look. It is sort of how I feel about Charlie White after he cut off that ridiculous surf boy hair he had.

Not the men's thread, but....

I loooooved Charlie's curls, Adam's curls, Jason's pony:love:

So sad they're gone:sad21:

BOrser is probably responsible for all three of those failings and that of course shows Canada's inherent inferiority in everything ever:rofl: Not like Canada had the father of modern men's FS or anything:biggrin:

PS. Glad to hear about the dog. You should try getting a recalcitrant cat to eat. Or not;)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I wish there was some way to get Kailani a GP spot. It really sucks that no one has chosen her. She's quite crowd pleasing.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I wish there was some way to get Kailani a GP spot. It really sucks that no one has chosen her. She's quite crowd pleasing.

She is quite charming and reminds me of Katia Gordeeva (high praise, indeed!)

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
The big story this year (especially without Kaetlyn) will be Alina vs Evgenia. I don't see anything changing that.

I do not have a horse in this race and I don't think Medvedeva's fans should be worried. She has been through so many changes that I would expect Alina to be ahead at this point. Alina with the same coach and the same surroundings should be ahead of Evgenia at this point. Otherwise I'd say that there is more wrong with Alina than Evgenia. Try to give Evgenia time. She's not a robot. She seems happy and she seems healthy .

And look at this way: This isn't like with Kaetlyn, If Kaetlyn ceased to be competitive we knew that we really didn't have a back up plan. It was Kaetlyn or bust (sorry Gabby fans) but the Russian cup is literally overflowing with great lady skaters (probably too many because not all of them can get on the world stage). I have no doubt in my mind that in 2022 the Russians will be favoured to sweep the woman's podium. Everyone just needs to relax a little and let Evgenia find her way.

:eek:topic: Got the dog to eat

This was suppose to happen at the 2018 OG and previously at Worlds 2017 and didn't. For the record, who ever said that Kaetlyn or Gabby were done. Let's just say we are drinking very different kool-aid these days, as I believe the field for 2022 between Russia, Canada, USA, Japan and Korea, is wide open at the moment.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
They need to switch out David Wilson ASAP and get Shae Lynn Bourne in.

Agreed. David’s tango programmes have been more miss than hit for me. I know everyone is going to Shae, but, seriously, she could take that sketch of a programme and make it sing.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I agree. I think that's the outrage of this GP season, to be honest. Hopefully with this score she can bounce her way up the list for next year. She's plenty capable and deserves to be on the circuit.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Failed to wake up, I just finished catching up on the last group. Some thoughts:

- Although this fiery, sharp Zhenya Medvedeva isn't not to my liking, I do prefer soft, elegant Zhenya. Also, she would've been nervous and she is still adjusting to everything, but her jumps seemed timid to me, not to mention the fall and step-out. And her flutz is still there... At least her tano is much shapelier now.

- Cinderella followed by Juliet, Bradie Tennell is going to be fixed as a storybook heroine for me at this rate. I prefer her SP, but solid skate. She did fine, I just don't connect with her.

- Was that cramp still bothering Higuchi Wakaba? I've never seen her that cautious, not to mention her jumps being half the quality I've expected of her. And I personally really don't like her red eyeshadow, it makes her look old. As Skyfall showed, she looks much better in darker colors. On that topic, I miss Skyfall. I get a slow yet powerful vibe from her, and Vivaldi, while being a grand piece of music, doesn't really fit her style imo.

- I've never really been a fan of Mae Berenice Meite's skating, not that there's anything wrong with her, she just isn't my style. Still, congratulations on that bronze, she looked delighted.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
This was suppose to happen at the 2018 OG and previously at Worlds 2017 and didn't. For the record, who ever said that Kaetlyn or Gabby were done. Let's just say we are drinking very different cool-aid these days, as I believe the field for 2022 between Russia, Canada, USA, Japan and Korea, is wide open at the moment.

Favoured does not mean only. I would expect at least one Japanese woman to be involved in the mix and maybe a Korean. Possibly an American. Kaetlyn will be 26 in 2022. I'm not sure she will still be around but if she is I will be pleased to watch her. I wish Gabby well and I'm prepared to be pleasantly surprised by her success. But I'm pretty sure the top 3 Russian ladies will all be serious medal contenders in China.