2018 Junior World Championships Mens SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior World Championships Mens SP

da96103

Record Breaker
Well all 48 skaters have finished.

That took 7 hours. Could have flown from Kuala Lumpur to Tokyo in that time.

Kara

Final Flight
Mitsuki 3rd and Sihyeong 5th. Woo woo!:dance: Def won't last especially for Sihyeong in the free, but this is such an accomplishment for him!

readernick

Medalist
Trusova is doing a 4S in the free few days later. Watch out:eeking:

Trusova's 4S looks ready for competition. Although, she has not landed it fully rotated in competition. Her 4T does not look ready at all though.... she took a nasty fall on it in a local Russian competition recently.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
We do see a trend in the Senior Men that the lowest qualifying SP score fior Worlds has been slowly rising through the seasons. Although on the other hand, because the jump elements in Juniors are fixed, the qualifying score may not increase too much.

Your prediction of slowly rising qualifications scores where correct 56 last year and 57 this year

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Trusova's 4S looks ready for competition. Although, she has not landed it full rotated in competition. Her 4T does not look ready at all though.... she took a nasty fall on it in a local Russian competition recently.

Yah I saw it. She (kind of) landed the Sal but that Toe was really scary. Plus she has some big combos planned for the free. I hope she will be ok.

da96103

Record Breaker
So the Russian junior ladies have their own specialty.

Trusove 4S
Scherb 4T
Kostomaia backloading

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
You know, not to be negative but I think that this competition overall was pretty ... unexciting and not at a super high level. Only 2 competitors were rather good here in my opinion. When I compare to some of the past years... There's just not a whole lot in here. I believe that Gogolev will dominate next season unless someone comparatively good arrives with him(doubtful).

Yeah, I think we were spoiled in recent years and the current group doesn't really have any "stars" with charisma. I enjoyed a few skaters here, but I'm mostly waiting for the younger Russian guys to get a consistent quad or 3A.

da96103

Record Breaker
Yeah, I think we were spoiled in recent years and the current group doesn't really have any "stars" with charisma. I enjoyed a few skaters here, but I'm mostly waiting for the younger Russian guys to get a consistent quad or 3A.

3 years ago: Boyang and Shoma
2 years ago: Nathan
Last year: Vincent, Dima, Samarin
This 2018/2019 season from Juniors: To be determined

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last year: Vincent

I'm personally excited for Stephen Gogolev to FINALLY be old enough for the JGP. Seems like we've been talking about him forever and now he's finally going to be old enough next season.

readernick

Medalist
So the Russian junior ladies have their own specialty.

Trusove 4S
Scherb 4T
Kostomaia backloading

They all backload :) Eteri is their coach :) Kostornaia's specialty is that she can actually skate. Her SS skills and extensions are lightyears ahead of the rest of that group of skaters.

da96103

Record Breaker
I'm personally excited for Stephen Gogolev to FINALLY be old enough for the JGP. Seems like we've been talking about him forever and now he's finally going to be old enough next season.

Yes Gogolev, the one that would break the Canadian Curse.

Oops I am encouraging Nathan-level media scrutiny. Nonetheless Papa Orser has the experience in black-outing Yuzuru so easy peasy for Orser.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Last year: Vincent, Dima, Samarin

4 years ago, Adian Pitkeev and my intro to Deniss (though he wasn't a medal contender) turned me into a juniors fan. Can't forget Daniel Samohin's amazing comeback 2 years ago either!

edit - don't y'all have enough threads to talk about the Russian ladies already?