2018 Junior World Championships Mens SP | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior World Championships Mens SP

Diahpam

Rinkside
Mitsuki bit remind me of young kozuka. Nice ss, expressive body, wooden face.
His unemotive face is so jarring for such a smiley happy song like this.
But a nice, good skate!! Congrats!
How old is he?

Who else in the up coming good junior/novice for japan boys? How deep the japanese men team now? I have yet to see any with clear ‘punch in the face’ talent and that that ‘x’ factor that we’ve seen in current/older japan boys. Of course talent like dai, yuzu, shoma are very rare, and the kids still growing up, but it’s a pity that the rooster is not as deep anymore.
Junior japan ladies, in other hand are very interesting.

Scout

Final Flight
Top 7 from 7 different countries. Nice to see that kind of diversity near the top. And Canada isn't included in there!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Top 7 from 7 different countries. Nice to see that kind of diversity near the top. And Canada isn't included in there!

I looooove that about the junior men. :luv17: Sometimes I wonder the men aren’t dismissed because it’s not the “usual suspects”. Well, I’m thrilled it’s not the usual suspects, and the usual jumps, and the usual styles. Even if I am :sad21: for Camden and Joseph Phan.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Did this for Pairs and Ice Dance after their shorts, so here's what the 2019 Junior Worlds multiple spots would look like just based on the SP.

(If you're curious about the rules I've sort of spelled them out in the OP here)

3 Spots

USA (1 + 11 = 12)
RUS (2 + 8 = 10)
JPN (3 + 10 = 13) - Up from 2 spots

2 Spots

UKR (4 + 18 = 22)
KOR (5 + 16 = 21)
ITA (6, only skater) - up from 1 spot
GER (7, only skater) - up from 1 spot
GEO (9, only skater) - up from 1 spot

- Remember that placement points are capped at 16 for those making the FS and 18 for those not making the FS.

Three countries are in danger of losing their second spot. CAN is currently at 29 placement points (14 +15), FRA is at 32 (16 +16), and ISR is at 34 (16 +18). Also, USA is borderline maintaining three, and JPN is borderline gaining a third. Slight shuffling in the FS could really change things!

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Mitsuki bit remind me of young kozuka. Nice ss, expressive body, wooden face.
His unemotive face is so jarring for such a smiley happy song like this.
But a nice, good skate!! Congrats!
How old is he?

Who else in the up coming good junior/novice for japan boys? How deep the japanese men team now? I have yet to see any with clear ‘punch in the face’ talent and that that ‘x’ factor that we’ve seen in current/older japan boys. Of course talent like dai, yuzu, shoma are very rare, and the kids still growing up, but it’s a pity that the rooster is not as deep anymore.

Mitsuki will turn 17 in a few weeks.
IMO, Japan has quite a few promising Junior Men. Going by their performances and results at domestic competitions, many could be internationally competitive. However, majority have little or no experience competing outside of Japan. For this reason, I'm hoping Mitsuki and Sena are able to earn maximum JGP spots for next season.

Diahpam

Rinkside
Mitsuki will turn 17 in a few weeks.
IMO, Japan has quite a few promising Junior Men. Going by their performances and results at domestic competitions, many could be internationally competitive. However, majority have little or no experience competing outside of Japan. For this reason, I'm hoping Mitsuki and Sena are able to earn maximum JGP spots for next season.

ah I see.. i have such a fondness for japanese boys since the days of dai-taka-nobu, and then yuzu-shoma so i hope the youngsters will also deliver.
i like mitsuki quite a lot! hope he can develop more. sena too!! he looks so tall O_O
how about sota? is he still injured?
and shun sato? i've heard quite a bit nice words about him but still not sure..

shmay

On the Ice
Biggest revelation of the SP for me was Artur Danielian. Amazing 3A for 14 years old and a great beginning to the step sequence too.

It will be interesting to see how skating in the 2nd group will affect the PCS for the likes of Phan, Orzel and Pulkinen

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I think this competition continues this seasons trend of Juniors men, lots of mistakes. The top two have a bit of a gap over the rest of the field, I think Alexei was overmarkd on PCS I would have him closer to Alexey. There will be a real battle for Bronze. I would like to Pavlov or Rizzo get it. I was very impressed with Danielian, pity he fell on the combo.

The German guy was impressive and his team were very happy with his score. I though Pulkinen would be battling for the podium but he had a bad day out. Samuel McAllister started well for Ireland but a fall on the combo and a downgraded 2A hurt him and he place 44th with a new PB though.

Zenko for Belarus seems to be regressing, has he had injury problems? When he skated with Eteri i thought he would push on from that but it hasn’t happened. It’s hard to believe the Luopolover was gunning for an Olympic spot and now doesn’t qualify for a Junior free skate, disappointing.

karakaka

Rinkside
ah I see.. i have such a fondness for japanese boys since the days of dai-taka-nobu, and then yuzu-shoma so i hope the youngsters will also deliver.
i like mitsuki quite a lot! hope he can develop more. sena too!! he looks so tall O_O

Sota actually just came back this season! He doesn't have all his jumps back, but he does have some of the triples and is going to be at Coupe de Printemps in a week. He's still pretty young (just turned 18 this year), so I'm really hoping he'll be able to get back to where he was before injury.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Koshiro Shimada is quite charming... I hope we'll see more of him next season.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker

this season i quite liked Tatsuya Tsuboi and his eyebrows :luv17::laugh: Shun is quite good too and just 13!(i think :biggrin:), has beautiful 3A and isnt afraid to change layout of the program, they all need to desperetaly work on their spins though:dbana:

ewdokia

On the Ice
4 years ago, Adian Pitkeev and my intro to Deniss (though he wasn't a medal contender) turned me into a juniors fan.
I too still remember it so well. Adian and Sima in 2014. You’d thought they have a great future ahead and then it went all wrong though Sima at least is still competing and trying to come back. Adian on the other hand … I’m still not over it. :cry:

Artur Danielian by the way very much reminds me of Adian: he too seems to be a bit shy and still has to learn to enjoy himself on the ice. But there is remarkable talent: great jumps for his age (he is capable to do 3A - half loop - 3S but just turned 14 in December), good lines and lovely skating skills. Plus he seems to be very ambitious and a little perfectionist – he looked so devasted after his SP, almost crying when coming off the ice, though given his age he did quite well. :)

Zenko for Belarus seems to be regressing, has he had injury problems? When he skated with Eteri i thought he would push on from that but it hasn’t happened. It’s hard to believe the Luopolover was gunning for an Olympic spot and now doesn’t qualify for a Junior free skate, disappointing.
I don’t know about injuries, but he seems to have grown a lot over the past two years. According to his ISU Biography he is 1,82 cm tall now. This might have affected his jumps. :slink:

The same by the way applies to Luc Maierhofer – he too has grown a lot, though in his case there were very serious injury problems as well. :(