2018 NHK Pairs Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 NHK Pairs Free Skate

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Alexa and Chris will medal here. :hap93: Although my provisions have suddenly got messed. I didn't believe they would be on the podium.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Never been happier to see my predictions wrong than to see Alexa and Chris medal; they needed this!:clap:

ETA: Mohacz and I think alike;)

rachno2

Record Breaker
I just don't understand why they chose this as their free skate. It is so anticlimactic, even with that key change.

Technically great, though! I did not think they would deliver after their two lackluster wins this season, but they came through here. To do it the week after their last GP is impressive, too :agree:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well it's always nice to see a team stretch out into new areas, but man that program is the oddest combination of snoozefest and bombast. I like them tons more then the program itself.

But they do look very chic.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well it's better than the rehearsal/ballet thingy they had last season....... It kinda does feel like a Ksenia/Fedor imitation....and while Natalia has the haircut, she doesn't quite have the Ksenia queen power.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I like their element quality but damn, this is such a void of a program

I guess Mozer sacrificed Stol/Klim for this team
(a joke btw)

Lota

Record Breaker
AAAAAAAAA! I have NEVER seem them skate a long program clean, YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! :yahoo: Now they just need to polish everything, but SO happy for them!

GGFan

Record Breaker
Beautiful skating by Z/E! Great to see all the elements landed. And yet I'm here trying to find just a tiny bit of charisma to connect to them. They're still giving me a 4th place USSR team at Nationals vibe. Sorry :devil:

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I was a little worried about the three pairs that skated last week in Helsinki and had to directly fly to Japan (the Russians, the Spanish and the Japanese). I haven't seen the Japanese here, but bot Laura&Aritz and Natalia&Alexander skated a lot better here. Maybe it's the jet lag effect :scratch3:

Great job Natalia and Alexander!!! Two GP wins in one week is quite a thing :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So I'm so confused. Tarasova/Mozorov had to get Trankov as a coach because Nina Mozer was taking a sabbatical? But Nina Mozer for whatever reason is Z/E's main coach and was able to go to Japan with them?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Beautiful skating by Z/E! Great to see all the elements landed. And yet I'm here trying to find just a tiny bit of charisma to connect to them. They're still giving me a 4th place USSR team at Nationals vibe. Sorry :devil:

Well they'll make the GPF but I'll be very surprised if they're higher than 5th.

rachno2

Record Breaker
I was a little worried about the three pairs that skated last week in Helsinki and had to directly fly to Japan (the Russians, the Spanish and the Japanese). I haven't seen the Japanese here, but bot Laura&Aritz and Natalia&Alexander skated a lot better here. Maybe it's the jet lag effect :scratch3:

I think it's because that entire event was cursed :dev2:

Lota

Record Breaker
Well they'll make the GPF but I'll be very surprised if they're higher than 5th.

For me at least none of the top pair teams look completely rock-solid and stable, so the the GPF should be interesting, I'd have a hard time guessing who'd earn which place :think: