2018 Tallinn Trophy Ladies Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Tallinn Trophy Ladies Free Skate

Sjs5572

Final Flight
I agree but disagree there is no depth in US ladies their scores on the Grand prix have been abysmal...Ting just registered the 2nd highest international score of us ladies. As I said no including Liu cuz her scores are from lower level national competition and I doubt her pcs will be as strong at the national senior level...this score for Ting gives her momentum going into Nationals...its going to be Bradie, Ting and a fight for third

Don't discount the power of the triple axel!

Ziotic

Medalist
Sima now has the 7th best score for Russian ladies. I hope she can stay in the top 9 for next season.

It’s likely that Sofia will move ahead at GPF and probably Tarakanova too at JGPF with a good skate. She just needs to hope Stanislava doesn’t get another international score higher.

Also Tarakanova likely won’t move to seniors next year.

frida80

Record Breaker
I hope she does bump Mariah!!! 3 times to the worlds and Mariah hasn't made into the top ten...Ting is the future and Bradie is the stability let's hope US skating is thinking strategically. Mariah is lovely but will never peak...Ting, Bradie and Allysa Lui (if her jumps make it past puberty) should be getting the full support of US Federation going into next Olympic quadrennial

Mariah has only gone to Worlds twice. And the second time she was a substitute that had only four days notice.

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Don't discount the power of the triple axel!
It's one jump and will it survive puberty that's the true question...she is to young to be crowned the next big thing #1999nationals #naominarinam ...I like her skating she is adorable but the PCS needs works and that will come with time

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Mariah has only gone to Worlds twice. And the second time she was a substitute that had only four days notice.
Not really because she knew Ashley wasn't going to go to worlds and in a post Olympics the subs usually get called up and when they accept the assignment they agree to be ready and in competition shape. And thank u for the correction it was 2 times to worlds soon as sent my post I realized I was thinking of Mirai

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mariah looks in great shape this season and her programs are the best she has ever had. I would not count her out.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's silly to count Mariah out - Ting's score here was ~1 point higher than Mariah's at NHK. Not a big difference there at all. Saying it's now Bradie, Ting and a fight for third is not accurate.

frida80

Record Breaker
Let's just wait until next week before we count Mariah out. I still have Bradie and Alysa as 1st and 2nd.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I also feel that Ting's scores here were rather...generous. Not that she isn't lovely. I like her a lot and I see a great deal of potential in her, but with a fall in both programs, I don't see the Worlds judges being as forgiving of a skater who hasn't even spent a year in seniors. US Nationals are always crazy, so who knows what will happen there :confused2:

s_parks

Record Breaker
I also feel that Ting's scores here were rather...generous. Not that she isn't lovely. I like her a lot and I see a great deal of potential in her, but with a fall in both programs, I don't see the Worlds judges being as forgiving of a skater who hasn't even spent a year in seniors. US Nationals are always crazy, so who knows what will happen there :confused2:

I agree. Nothing against her/her skating, I just feel like this was a very senior-b-esque scoring- Realistically, I just don't see ISU championships being this generous with the PCS for skater who's underperformed as she has in the JGP.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
It was so sad seeing her struggle to even do a 2a a few years back. Give Plushy some credit for convincing her to keep competing and that she wasn’t done. She’s just the sweetest thing too so it feels really good when she gets rewarded.

Sima still can't quite do a convincing 2A :laugh: but that 3F+3T is AMAZING

Fluture

Record Breaker
Why do people dislike Mariah so much? :scratch2: Sure, she is a late-bloomer but she is lovely and joyful and is actually doing really well this season. I enjoy watching her skate very much and to me it‘s visible she loves what she‘s doing every time she takes the ice. She definitely has a shot at making the Worlds team! Bradie is probably the only one who is safe, provided she doesn‘t bomb completely. Ting and Mariah both have equal chances in my opinion. It will depend on who is the cleanest that day!

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I don't think people dislike Mariah (or do they?) - they just feel she isn't super competitive among the top women internationally. And lack of 3-3 in her FS. Hope she can continue to improve with Raf, but she has some really nice qualities including beautiful spins.

I think she has a very good chance of making the Worlds team. Hope she skates well at Nationals!

Wouldn't they send Ting to Junior Worlds anyways, not senior?

Roo87

Medalist
Wow, it's gonna be a four way fight for podium at US Nationals between Tennell, Bell, Liu and Cui. Tennell, Bell and Cui will be battling for those two worlds spots. Obviously, the edge for one of those spots goes to Tennell.

They can all podium, since one will win the "pewter" medal hahaha

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I don't think people dislike Mariah (or do they?) - they just feel she isn't super competitive among the top women internationally. And lack of 3-3 in her FS. Hope she can continue to improve with Raf, but she has some really nice qualities including beautiful spins.

I really like Mariah but I'm trying to keep myself from getting emotionally invested in her results. I prefer her style of skating to Tennell's on a purely subjective level, but what Bradie has going for her is that I don't feel nervous when I watch her compete. Even if she's not 100% I feel like she doesn't let mistakes rattle her and is really good at rallying after them. Mariah's been improving in leaps and bounds but a part of me always expects mistakes to crop up here and there.

That said, her free skate is one of my favorites this year. I love watching her skate it with complete conviction and I honestly don't care how she medals so long as she keeps skating with that level of commitment.

I also really like Ting and I think she's getting stronger as a competitor after having faced disappointment on the JGP but the scores here were very generous across the board. If both her and Mariah go clean, Mariah's PCS should rightfully keep her ahead. She's more experienced and it shows. Ting has time to grow. She doesn't need to peak this year.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow, it's gonna be a four way fight for podium at US Nationals between Tennell, Bell, Liu and Cui. Tennell, Bell and Cui will be battling for those two worlds spots. Obviously, the edge for one of those spots goes to Tennell.

Maybe Mirai Nagasu will come back or Angela Wang could surprise or Courtney Hicks could claw her way to th epodium. But with this arrangement Tennell seems a likely choice even if she is third. So who will really bring it. Ting did awesome here but she is not as finished as Bell.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Maybe Mirai Nagasu will come back or Angela Wang could surprise or Courtney Hicks could claw her way to th epodium. But with this arrangement Tennell seems a likely choice even if she is third. So who will really bring it. Ting did awesome here but she is not as finished as Bell.

Yeah, I believe Angela Wang is also in the 'fight.' Not sure about Hicks.

nikros

Rinkside
Sima now has the 7th best score for Russian ladies. I hope she can stay in the top 9 for next season.

It’s likely that Sofia will move ahead at GPF and probably Tarakanova too at JGPF with a good skate. She just needs to hope Stanislava doesn’t get another international score higher.

Also Tarakanova likely won’t move to seniors next year.

Guliakova will perform in the next CS in Zagreb. She is very strong this season, she won two Russian Cup events. Gubanova also will be there, and she will have a chance to imrove.