2018 US Championships Sr Men SP | Page 65 | Golden Skate

2018 US Championships Sr Men SP

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, Jimmy Ma's SP is in the YouTube thread. I hope he gets some international assignments next season!

travelbug

Rinkside
Sean Rabbitt posted a nice statement basically almost presenting an argument for the relevance of Nationals (since many in threads have said they feel it's basically irrelevant if a committee doesn't use the Nationals placements as primary factor in determining Olympic spots this seemed especially pertinent I thought)

As one who was really a non-factor in terms of any possibility of making any of the teams - and age wise not having the 'potential/future' argument in his corner really either - he adeptly states why his skates were a "win" and gold medal for him, and I think shows what some of us have tried to express regarding how Nationals IS still relevant even for someone who comes into having spent a ton of time/energy/money even knowing that what a win is for them might not be what some here feel it would be.

seanrabbitt“Never in history has anyone enjoyed nationals more than Sean Rabbitt.” - @johnnygweir And @taralipinski
「日本語下👇

I spend a year planning, training, dieting, and studying, pushing myself to my limits for it all to come down to a measly 8min in total. This year specifically, I faced more challenges than before; changing my long program and my short program, battling 2 hip injuries and so after all the hard work is done, when I get out to center ice and that music starts, I hope it was all worth it. I think about my character, telling the story I have spent the last year perfecting. As I get into the character the jumps and spins I have ever so tirelessly worked on fall right into place, just as planned, just as practiced. The crowd goes wild, and everyone says to me after “you look like you’re having so much fun” well my friends, it’s because I am having fun, and have a lot to be happy for. This to me is a win, this to me is my nationals gold meda[/U]l.

Thank you San Jose for making the 2018 US Championships such a memorable experience. I skated the most perfect short program of my life and a long program that was nothing short of fantastic. It has been a long and difficult season with many high points as well as many low points. I can proudly say this week was a success and am coming home proud of my accomplishment! Now time for a nap!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdtbq8jBwQH/?hl=en&taken-by=seanrabbitt

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^
I answered this post in the other thread too, but this is also an argument for more skaters like Sean Rabbitt

No quad, no hopes for a quad, loves and respects the audience and they love and respect him.

Bravo, Sean!:rock: