2018 Worlds- who will show up? | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds- who will show up?

fredtx121

On the Ice
After the Olympic Games, many top skaters and medalist choose to skip the World Championships because of how close it is to Olympics. But this year, I think there will be a lot of skaters who will show up.
Ladies
Alina - wants to complete her perfect season
Evgenia- wants to take her crown back from Alina
Osmond- is on a high from her Olympic performance and wants to keep going

Men
Hanyu- wants to make up for the other competitions he missed this season due to injury and to show his dominance. Also maybe show off his quad axel??
Uno- will try to finally be out of the shadow on Hanyu and win gold
Javier- go after gold one last time

Pairs
Savechenko / Massot- go for their first world title
Sui/ Han- wants to win after losing the gold at the Olympics
Duhamel /Radford- not sure if they will compete

Ice Dance
Virtue /Moir- not sure if they will compete
Papadakis/ Cizeron- wants to be on top again
Shibutanis- end their season on a high with a silver medal if Virtue and Moir don’t show up

starla16

Medalist
Ladies

Alina will go to complete the "shootingstar" season and Medvedeva to refresh what she lost early in the season.

I think the podium will be

1 Medvedeva or Zagitova
3 Higuchi or Miyahara

Osmond will not podium and back to her old self.
Canada or USA will lose 3 spots.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I like how all the ladies are going despite TSL were speculating for months that this would have been Evgenia's last performance.

I hope Kostner will bring her best here: it's Worlds at home in Italy (such a rare event), it could be her little revenge for what happened in 2006 and i'm a little upset that she didn't skate at her best at the Olympics.

LadyB

Record Breaker
After the Olympic Games, many top skaters and medalist choose to skip the World Championships because of how close it is to Olympics. But this year, I think there will be a lot of skaters who will show up.
Ladies
Alina - wants to complete her perfect season
Evgenia- wants to take her crown back from Alina
Osmond- is on a high from her Olympic performance and wants to keep going

Men
Hanyu- wants to make up for the other competitions he missed this season due to injury and to show his dominance. Also maybe show off his quad axel??
Uno- will try to finally be out of the shadow on Hanyu and win gold
Javier- go after gold one last time

Pairs
Savechenko / Massot- go for their first world title
Sui/ Han- wants to win after losing the gold at the Olympics
Duhamel /Radford- not sure if they will compete

Ice Dance
Virtue /Moir- not sure if they will compete
Papadakis/ Cizeron- wants to be on top again
Shibutanis- end their season on a high with a silver medal if Virtue and Moir don’t show up

A huge Javi fan who is always up to date with anything to do with him, including the Spanish media of all descriptions, said that he wants to skip it.

fredtx121

On the Ice
Ladies

Alina will go to complete the "shootingstar" season and Medvedeva to refresh what she lost early in the season.

I think the podium will be

1 Medvedeva or Zagitova
3 Higuchi or Miyahara

Osmond will not podium and back to her old self.
Canada or USA will lose 3 spots.

Yes!! I love Higuchis style of skating and really enjoy her long program this year! She is my hopeful pick as well for the bronze

starla16

Medalist
I like how all the ladies are going despite TSL were speculating for months that this would have been Evgenia's last performance.

I hope Kostner will bring her best here: it's Worlds at home in Italy (such a rare event), it could be her little revenge for what happened in 2006 and i'm a little upset that she didn't skate at her best at the Olympics.

if Kostner podiums, it will be a fairy tale ending retirement. I hope so too !
She has the chance for bronze as Osmond wont be that competitive. She just needs to stay clean

Kittosuni

Medalist
if Kostner podiums, it will be a fairy tale ending retirement. I hope so too !

Kostner was already gifted Bronze for her 'retirement" in 2014 in the expense of Anna Pogorilaya so hopefully if she wins, its actually a deserved one.

daphna

On the Ice
A clean Kostner could win- she def. gets the scores. I hope the skating gods will be with her on what will surely be her last ever competition at home - it will be a perfect end to an illustrious carrer. Go Caro!
ETA - as much as i love Hanyu, he should skip worlds and heal properly. the olympic desire carried him through, but he needs the rest now and Shoma needs to win.

sydney

On the Ice
Javi will skip it
For Yuzuru it's very probable that he will skip it too for the sake of his ankle and finally healing it

Globetrotter

Medalist

Never quite understood her layout. She certainly has the ability but not the mentality - more a happy type skater than a competitive one I guess. But still, this will be her final competition skate in Torino 2018. What is there to lose? She ought to really go all out. A FS jump layout: 3Lz, 3F-3T// 3R, 2A-1R-3S, 3F, 3S-2T, 2A will be more than competitive even with Zhenya if clean. Hope she can go nothing to lose like Mao Asada in 2014.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Can someone let me know where V/M have said they won't go? Too bad, I really had wished I'd get to see Moulin Rouge live :(

Tessa and Scott left the door to Milan Worlds slightly open -- at least in their first round of media interviews after winning individual OWG gold for Ice Dance.

Only slightly open, but they were careful to leave it slightly open.

Possible that after a couple of days, they eventually said something different that closed the door all the way?? But I myself am not aware of a quote from them that closed the door all the way, so I am curious to see if you get any answers to your question.

somelikeitpink

On the Ice
Tessa and Scott left the door to Milan Worlds slightly open -- at least in their first round of media interviews after winning individual OWG gold for Ice Dance.

Only slightly open, but they were careful to leave it slightly open.

Possible that after a couple of days, they eventually said something different that closed the door all the way?? But I myself am not aware of a quote from them that closed the door all the way, so I am curious to see if you get any answers to your question.

Yeah that was my impression as well. They're a bit of a case like Hanyu for me - even though he would have different reasons to skip of course.

So if anyone has the quote... :pray: