2018 Worlds- who will show up? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds- who will show up?

somelikeitpink

On the Ice
Just curious as to why? He certainly didn't look injured at Olympics.

According to him he had been skating with heavy painkillers and he doesn't actually currently know what the status of his ankle is -> priority after the games are over is for him to get it xray-ed or an MRI again from what he said.

I do think that its probably not as awful as some people think otherwise he wouldn't be skating in practice - the bigger question will be if he puts himself through the stress of training and taking more painkillers til worlds.

rain

Record Breaker
I saw Piper and Paul are going on IG if anyone's making a list :D

As well they should! Never a better time for them to make a move. I've seen tons of positive comments on them from this Olympics and I think if they can skate well they can really boost their profile.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
According to him he had been skating with heavy painkillers and he doesn't actually currently know what the status of his ankle is -> priority after the games are over is for him to get it xray-ed or an MRI again from what he said.

I do think that its probably not as awful as some people think otherwise he wouldn't be skating in practice - the bigger question will be if he puts himself through the stress of training and taking more painkillers til worlds.

In the gala practice, he was only doing toes and axels. There are some jumps that he can't do without intense pain so he won't be able to get through a SP/LP without medication. I guess we'll know his decision in about 2 weeks time.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Really! Wow, I had not heard. Hope he will be ok.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The JW rosters were released 2/5, 4 weeks before the start date.
Worlds starts 3/19, but the rosters were delayed because of the Olympics, so I expect to see them early next week.

vavavoom

Rinkside
I'm happy Liubov and Dylan will go, they deserve to retire with a bang.

I expect all the ladies from the Olympics to go. Of course, Wakaba will go instead of Kaori... but that was decided in December.

I expect all the Russian and American ladies to go, go whenever you can, as you may not qualify next year.

From men, I could see Hanyu skip it... but I have a hint he will go. Sad Fernandez won't go. Uno, Boyang, Chen. I'm close to 100% sure they will be there.

Pairs. Look forward to see Stolbova and Klimov. And I hope they'll get a win in court and a major financial compensation for being denied the participation in the Olympics.

Dance. I think everyone will go except for V/M.

figuristka

Medalist
Ladies

Alina will go to complete the "shootingstar" season and Medvedeva to refresh what she lost early in the season.

I think the podium will be

1 Medvedeva or Zagitova
3 Higuchi or Miyahara

Osmond will not podium and back to her old self.
Canada or USA will lose 3 spots.

You mean back to her old self as in 3 time Olympic medalist , and World Silver medalist.