2018 Worlds- who will show up? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds- who will show up?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm sad Javi won't be there. :sad:

I'm pretty sure V/M said no and will retire officially soon.

It wouldn't be Kevin Reynolds to go in place of Patrick. It would be Nam.

I think all 3 American ladies will go so I wouldn't expect Ashley to go. Besides.. has she been training?

I would assume both Russian women are going along with Maria and both Japanese Women.

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm too tired to think about Worlds!!!! :drama:

Seriously though, is anyone else just physically exhausted from staying up late to watch skating? And emotionally exhausted from all the feelings? I'm barely alive at my desk right now at work lol.

Anyway, I'm a little shocked that Aliona has said they will be at Worlds - I assumed she would retire after that OGM. D/R are done forever, I believe Meagan said on TSL, so we won't be seeing them.

Looking forward to seeing Val and Ondrej slay at home after slaying at the Olympics.

I'm interested to see what happens with the Russian and US ladies' teams, plus the US men.

TryMeLater

On the Ice
I'm too tired to think about Worlds!!!! :drama:

Seriously though, is anyone else just physically exhausted from staying up late to watch skating? And emotionally exhausted from all the feelings? I'm barely alive at my desk right now at work lol.

Anyway, I'm a little shocked that Aliona has said they will be at Worlds - I assumed she would retire after that OGM. D/R are done forever, I believe Meagan said on TSL, so we won't be seeing them.

Looking forward to seeing Val and Ondrej slay at home after slaying at the Olympics.

I'm interested to see what happens with the Russian and US ladies' teams, plus the US men.

I think she owes Massot a world title...

skatenewbie

Medalist
Doubt it. Even if one of the three ladies drops out I don’t think Ashley will go. Who’s next on the alternates list ? Mariah? Oh great, we’re definitely losing 3 spots.☹️😕
its Ashley, she's the 1st alt. But i think all 3 US lady will go since none of them had a great skate. It wont be easy to gain 3 spot back with Japan, Russian, Candaian lady but its not impossible. Hopefully Mirai and Bradie could place in top 7. Not that im hoping bad placement from Karen but she's just yet to deliver and im not sure if she will in WC...

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Doubt it. Even if one of the three ladies drops out I don’t think Ashley will go. Who’s next on the alternates list ? Mariah? Oh great, we’re definitely losing 3 spots.☹️😕

Had the Olympics been Worlds, both Canada and USA would have lost the third spot. Pretty crazy to think about, isn't it?

USA especially really needs to deliver at worlds or it's going to become a reality. I don't think Daleman will perform like this again and wouldn't be worried about Canada.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Ladies

Alina will go to complete the "shootingstar" season and Medvedeva to refresh what she lost early in the season.

I think the podium will be

1 Medvedeva or Zagitova
3 Higuchi or Miyahara

Osmond will not podium and back to her old self.
Canada or USA will lose 3 spots.

Keep on doing what you do best starla16. I always love an underdog, and a naysayer wondering whatda ...., after dissing an elite skater to promote their own. For the record b/t Worlds, GpF & Olympics, Osmond 3, starla 0.

''Old self'' seems to be working just fine!

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
I saw Piper and Paul are going on IG if anyone's making a list :D

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone heard if Nathan is going? I really want him to have a redemption skate.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia

A 100 times YES!

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Would be nice to see Hanyu have a go for another worlds title, but I guess he won't be able to skate

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A 100 times YES!

YES. After I watched the ladies last night, I turned everything off and read a book. Now the house is a mess, I'm overdue on work, etc etc. But it only comes once every 4 years!