2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes | Page 36 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I've added Adrien Tesson to the retirements list, & guys feel free to post whoever else I have omitted in the OP. It had been a couple of weeks since my previous Twitter login, and there was just too much content waiting now to go through all of it.

The Pairs field looks dismal in the new World Standings o_O If the ban continues and if Sui/Han either retire or take a year off, as I suspect they will, then only 6 out of the top 12 teams will appear in major events, and just 3 of them will be at either of EC/4CC. wow.
Make it 6 out of 24. This is not an exaggeration. They literally don’t need GP stages, just GPF. Basically, pairs is dismantled as a discipline.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
To be fair there are some good junior pairs in Canada/the US and it wouldn't shock me to see Russian pairs try and skate for another country but yeah... the discipline needs a boost ASAP.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Make it 6 out of 24. This is not an exaggeration. They literally don’t need GP stages, just GPF. Basically, pairs is dismantled as a discipline.

I won't be surprised if ISU do the same with GP as with Challengers - have the Pairs competitions take place at 2-3 GP.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
So sorry to hear Hase/Seegert split 🙁 I guess it’s down to Hocke/Kunkel and Efimova/Blommart for German pairs next season unless Minerva repartners soon.
I find myself wondering whether Minerva might consider skating with Matteo Guarise, who reportedly wants to continue. I could see that being an interesting match.

I just hope they don’t break up Hocke and Kunkel to help Minerva out, as I really enjoy them.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I find myself wondering whether Minerva might consider skating with Matteo Guarise, who reportedly wants to continue. I could see that being an interesting match.

I just hope they don’t break up Hocke and Kunkel to help Minerva out, as I really enjoy them.
i'd love that even though i'm sad for Hase/Seegert split, i liked them

Sabine

On the Ice

I heard that Guarise has found an italian partner, which would make sense if he wants do go for the Olympics in Milan.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Rumours have been confirmed... and I am heartbroken..

No reasons are given for Jo's retirement... but I suspect his chronic knee condition may have been an issue.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
NOOOOO. Are there like, any Pairs teams left? :( It feels like my fave discipline is in shambles.
there are many up and coming pairs in USA and Canada. In a couple months, we will see Proft-Nadeau making their debut at Championnats québécois d'été... It will be an exciting competition including 3 other high quality pairs (Stellato-Deschamps, Matte-Ferland and McIntosh-Mimar) I agree the discipline has suffered the most recently, but I believe in the future !

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
there are many up and coming pairs in USA and Canada. In a couple months, we will see Proft-Nadeau making their debut at Championnats québécois d'été... It will be an exciting competition including 3 other high quality pairs (Stellato-Deschamps, Matte-Ferland and McIntosh-Mimar) I agree the discipline has suffered the most recently, but I believe in the future !
I really hope we will see new teams developing. Like, I'm really disappointed for some reason Chinese Fed has kind of stopped developing teams and it's sad. But maybe Japan after having succes will pay more attention to that beautiful discipline in the future and we'll get more interesting teams soon... But I guess I need to lower my expectations for some time, since understandably, teams will need time to properly develop.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I really hope we will see new teams developing. Like, I'm really disappointed for some reason Chinese Fed has kind of stopped developing teams and it's sad. But maybe Japan after having succes will pay more attention to that beautiful discipline in the future and we'll get more interesting teams soon... But I guess I need to lower my expectations for some time, since understandably, teams will need time to properly develop.
cycle... i am sure pairs will shine again perhaps not during these 3-4 years but they will for the following olympics.. if anything, China will not be happy that they are no longer the top Asian country for producing pairs and will work on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.