2021-22 Russian Ice Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Ice Dance

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It will be interesting to see what happens if S/K don't continue. It looks like there will be another drought until the juniors come of age. There are a number of talented juniors that I can see making the transition to seniors successfully but they are very young and probably won't be factors till the next quad heading into 2030
I expect huge wave of retirements all over the world after this season. Most of the top ice dacers are close to 30 or over it already, so probably the whole discipline will witness new leaders established before the next olympics.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Annabelle Morozov split with Andrei Bagin and Elizaveta Shanaeva split with David Narizhny. Annabelle wil skate with David, no info about Andrei and Elizaveta.

removof

On the Ice
Who Will be the future coach of morozov narizhny ? What Will be their nationality ? Russia or other?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Who Will be the future coach of morozov narizhny ? What Will be their nationality ? Russia or other?
Dave Lease from TSL (so take that source as you will) has talked about them in a couple videos. He said that Nikolai told him about the new team, seemed like the intention was to train in the US. In his most recent video, he said they want to skate for the US or maybe France, and were looking at getting Naryzhnyy a visa.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Glad to hear France is an option. And, good job to Morozov for acting fast. That's a clever man.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Sofia Shevchenko and Igor Eremenko split. According to Svinin Sofia decided to focus on studying. Her return is not excluded but she doesn't train for now. The team is looking for a new partner for Igor.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I find it a bit odd that the dancers proved to be the most susceptible to the crisis in Russian skating. Frankly, I expected the pairs to start splitting up and looking for an out, not the dance.

Is there anything on Khavronina/Cirisano? Will they leave?

Weathergal

Medalist
Sofia Shevchenko and Igor Eremenko split. According to Svinin Sofia decided to focus on studying. Her return is not excluded but she doesn't train for now. The team is looking for a new partner for Igor.

What a shame - they seemed like quite the promising team until this season when they were inexplicably left "out in the cold" even though just a few years ago they were gold medalists at Russian Junior Nats and bronze medalists at Junior Worlds. They had some unique programs, as Svinin / Zhuk teams often do. Between the snub and getting COVID, it seems like it was just too much for them. Wishing her well in her studies and wishing him well in finding another partner.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
He has done it already, according to Averbukh and Svinin
True...

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
He has done it already, according to Averbukh and Svinin
Shevchenko/Eremenko had such a unique style and seemed to get on really well. I'm somehow not surprised he chose to follow her in retiring, despite the coaches looking for a new partner.

Another thing I wonder, about the musical chairs in Svinin/Zhuk's team after Morozov joined, is how the skaters themselves feel about being swapped around. Seems like the net effect is a shrinking of the camp as skaters are traded out as redundant or pre-emptively depart.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I am happy that Shanaeva is continuing! Just not sure how long her new partnership will last.

Another interview from Averbukh:
Further down he mentions his new ice dance school and how he copes it will be competitive against top schools in 5 years' time.