2021 Cup of Warsaw: Pairs Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2021 Cup of Warsaw: Pairs Free Skate

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ummm, okay, my bad eh. Same to you 4everchan. Have a nice evening. ;) Your "omg, what happened? I was at work," in reaction to a botched lift by Matte/Ferland, when something much more of a serious and dangerous nature happened at this competition. Alrighty.
:rolleye: OMG. Why do you assume that I didn't read the posts about Chelsea and Danny? I had. The rest, I already explained.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
@LadyB

I finally had the courage to watch Thierry and Lori-Ann... actually, i went to watch Maxime and Deanna, and since they were just after, I stuck around... the final lift was a disaster of course... but the really scary part was the twist... that was a close call.... I am not sure what was wrong with them today... :( I stopped watching there because I didn't want to see the Chelsea and Danny's accident.

auser

Record Breaker
@LadyB

I finally had the courage to watch Thierry and Lori-Ann... actually, i went to watch Maxime and Deanna, and since they were just after, I stuck around... the final lift was a disaster of course... but the really scary part was the twist... that was a close call.... I am not sure what was wrong with them today... :( I stopped watching there because I didn't want to see the Chelsea and Danny's accident.
Thanks for the heads up about Maxime and Deanna. I very much enjoy and root for them so I will probably check it out.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Thanks for the heads up about Maxime and Deanna. I very much enjoy and root for them so I will probably check it out
Deanna and Maxime will get there I hope. I really really like them. I do enjoy Lori-Ann and Thierry but they are more of a work in progress at this point... I am not planning to watch more from this event... too scary

auser

Record Breaker
Deanna and Maxime will get there I hope. I really really like them. I do enjoy Lori-Ann and Thierry but they are more of a work in progress at this point... I am not planning to watch more from this event... too scary
I have a well worn square throw pillow, just large enough to hide my face behind. I keep it handy for watching scary Pairs replays and previously I used it to hide from gory/gruesome Game of Thrones scenes. ;):LOL:

sworddance21

On the Ice
I have mostly only ever watched high level pairs, like grand prix or Olympics/worlds. This is the first time I remember watching a senior B. With the early pairs in the FS I was really struck by how dangerous pairs can look when you aren't watching the top tier. I'm not referring to Chelsea and Danny at all - they look top tier to me and very secure in their pairs elements (praying they are ok - or will be). Their fall seemed a real fluke and I was having these thoughts before I even knew they had an accident. I was surprised at how nervous I felt for some of the lesser skilled teams - especially when the woman was over the man's head. Skaters line Brian Johnson, Brendan Frazier, Chris Knoerim, Trankov, Han, etc. make it look so easy and secure that it is easy to forget how flat out dangerous pairs is.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have mostly only ever watched high level pairs, like grand prix or Olympics/worlds. This is the first time I remember watching a senior B. With the early pairs in the FS I was really struck by how dangerous pairs can look when you aren't watching the top tier. I'm not referring to Chelsea and Danny at all - they look top tier to me and very secure in their pairs elements (praying they are ok - or will be). Their fall seemed a real fluke and I was having these thoughts before I even knew they had an accident. I was surprised at how nervous I felt for some of the lesser skilled teams - especially when the woman was over the man's head. Skaters line Brian Johnson, Brendan Frazier, Chris Knoerim, Trankov, Han, etc. make it look so easy and secure that it is easy to forget how flat out dangerous pairs is.
I had a similar experience at 2019 US nationals. Several of the top-tier teams had aborted lifts or lifts that came down, and in the SP Knierim almost couldn't catch Alexa on a twist, very scary. In fact, Chris & Alexa had one FS completely aborted lift and another that came down in the middle. But several of the up=and-coming pairs were wobbling and shifting the woman's weight right in front of me (I was on the 4th row). It was incredibly scary ... but it also showed me how both partners were adept at adjusting themselves mid-lift. I wish we'd hear something more about how Chelsea and Danny are now.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^I was at that same competiton skylark. Even with sitting higher up, it was indeed very scary! Turned out Chris was in need of some surgery--hand surgery? What they do is so difficult, and dangerous too...Hugs and prayers for Chelsea and Danny.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
:rolleye: OMG. Why do you assume that I didn't read the posts about Chelsea and Danny? I had. The rest, I already explained.
And now you're acting put upon? It is you who are doing much of the 'assuming' and all of the posturing. Clearly, I misread your earlier post, which I already acknowledged. But the way you pointed out my misreading was unnecessarily aggressive, especially in view of the serious nature of what happened to Liu/O'Shea in this competition. Seeing your "OMG, what happened?" is what made me think you were asking what happened to Liu/O'Shea, understandably. So the over-aggressive tone of your reply to my explanation of the accident, wasn't necessary. Your tone surprised and offended me.

BTW, there were quite a number of botched elements in the pairs competition (failed twists, failed spins, failed lifts, a failed death spiral, and a serious fall by a U.S. pairs team). Matte/Ferland, however much you feel for them as a fan, will certainly survive their botched pairs element in the fp at 2021 Warsaw Cup.