2021 Internationaux de France: Men's Short Program | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2021 Internationaux de France: Men's Short Program

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, Deniss, it’s the power of the pony:hap10: But you need styling lessons from Jason.

I love this program for Deniss, evidently it has something to do with anime? I know nothing about anime and still love the program. And I’ve always adored that he respects the power of the spin.

little bobbles from Jason. Doesn’t matter, I’m breathing.
the power of Sinnerman is such that it overcomes any and all mistakes.

and Yuma, such a little powerhorse. Yuma, there are Japanese men with expression, you know. Learn from them, and you would be even more of a force.

sworddance21

On the Ice
It was kinda cluttery SP overall and not the best one from Jason, but - the way his whole body emphasizes any given music, *praising* it through choreography is out of this world for me. I am constantly mesmerised by his arms/hands in motion, the beauty of it.
View attachment 4563
Every time I watch it I find more little detailed homages to the Horton technique. (I am a modern dancer/teacher and Horton is my fav technique.)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Every time I watch it I find more little detailed homages to the Horton technique. (I am a modern dancer/teacher and Horton is my fav technique.)

i am ashamed to say that I knew very little of Alvin Ailey before Jason’s Sinnerman (Judith Jamison was well known in Philadelphia and I had heard of “Cry” and that was it).

Having educated myself, I am amazed by what, to my untrained eye, Rohene and Jason have recreated on the ice. I’m glad to hear a trained person say that as well. :)

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
#YumaKagiyama 🇯🇵 #IdF SP "This whole season my SP was not going great, so today coming in I was wondering if I was going to have another one. I gained confidence in the 6-minute warm-up."

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
#YumaKagiyama 🇯🇵 #IdF SP Going into the Free Skate tomorrow: "I'm not sure I will have my quad loop in the FS, but I hope I can package a nice Free Skate tomorrow. I will be focused on just having a clean program."

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
#YumaKagiyama 🇯🇵 #IdF The competition in the Japanese Men: "To be honest, are both are equally difficult, but within my own thoughts I am still not there yet. I really have to aim high. I still have a long way to go and chase after and improve technically. I have to work hard."

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I wanted to add, in terms of Mark singling out Russian junior men for not doing a great transition into seniors that from top 10 in 2020 and 2019 only one skater achieved significant medals in seniors so far and likely will have a glorious career, Yuma Kagiyama, and, well, Danielian was second most successful with his Eu silver. If you go all the way back to 2018, it adds Rizzo. So, men overall, have troubles moving from junior to seniors.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
i am ashamed to say that I knew very little of Alvin Ailey before Jason’s Sinnerman (Judith Jamison was well known in Philadelphia and I had heard of “Cry” and that was it).

Having educated myself, I am amazed by what, to my untrained eye, Rohene and Jason have recreated on the ice. I’m glad to hear a trained person say that as well. :)
I saw JJ do Cry and Revelations years ago. Stunning. I met her once in Fairway supermarket and was surprised that she wasn't THAT tall. Anyway, one of the women I studied with was one of the original Ailey dancers.

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I wanted to add, in terms of Mark singling out Russian junior men for not doing a great transition into seniors that from top 10 in 2020 and 2019 only one skater achieved significant medals in seniors so far and likely will have a glorious career, Yuma Kagiyama, and, well, Danielian was second most successful with his Eu silver. If you go all the way back to 2018, it adds Rizzo. So, men overall, have troubles moving from junior to seniors.
Shun is also really starting to come into his own, but that took him almost two years. A lot of the other guys have really struggled with the transition, and not just the Russian men. The pandemic surely didn't help, but it's sad to see so many talented guys struggle