2022-2023 Italian Figure Skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2022-2023 Italian Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea82

Medalist
Did Gabriele change coaches? He posted on insta from a rink apparently in Milano with the caption "First week in my new home"?
Or did Magri go to Milano and he went with him?
It should be the rink in San Donato Milanese (a small town close to Milano). It is run by Accademia del Ghiaccio. It closed down last September because they couldn't afford the increasing costs.
Last month it was announced that Accademia del Ghiaccio teamed with Young Goose Academy https://www.instagram.com/p/CreIKDRLm8I/
The rink looks like the one Frangipani posted this week.

Fabio Mascarello recently moved coaching there

yesterday

Record Breaker
So, accidentially found out about YGA in this article:

Rossi's coaching situation is up in the air now, after the Young Goose Academy recently relocated.

"The academy has moved from Egna to Milan," Rossi noted. "Some skaters are following them and some are changing. It is pretty complicated now. Everyone is trying to figure out what to do. I don't even know what I am going to do. That is why I came here, to participate in some of the other camps and see which place is meant to be."

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Wow, thanks for sharing. I wonder how this will play out. YGA has quite the collection of skaters, some are bound to end up with other teams now.

Especially curious what Luc Maierhofer will do, but that's a discussion for another thread.

yesterday

Record Breaker
Wow, thanks for sharing. I wonder how this will play out. YGA has quite the collection of skaters, some are bound to end up with other teams now.

Especially curious what Luc Maierhofer will do, but that's a discussion for another thread.
Yep, Luc (Giorgia), Tobia and Eva Martinek (and possibly even more Austrians)

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Magri surfaced in Colorado Springs together with Carolina Kostner. I guess it's just for a camp though. Does anyone recognize the jackets they are wearing?

Sean Rabbit's insta:
PKLLjrD.jpg

Andrea82

Medalist
There is a public tender open right now for the recruitment of 28 athletes to be assigned to the "State Police - Fiamme Oro" sports groups who will be classified in the role of agents and assistants of the State Police. It includes:

1 spot Figure Skating - Pairs, female athlete
1 spot Figure Skating - Pairs, male athlete
1 spot Figure Skating - Single, male athlete

So it should be be Conti, Macii and Memola.
Ghilardi and Ambrosini are already prison police officers. Guarise is already a police agent and Beccari is a prison police officer.
Rizzo is a prison police officer and Grassl and Frangipani are police agents.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
How does all that work? Do they have to work in the field after their skating careers end?

There is a public tender open right now for the recruitment of 28 athletes to be assigned to the "State Police - Fiamme Oro" sports groups who will be classified in the role of agents and assistants of the State Police. It includes:

1 spot Figure Skating - Pairs, female athlete
1 spot Figure Skating - Pairs, male athlete
1 spot Figure Skating - Single, male athlete

So it should be be Conti, Macii and Memola.
Ghilardi and Ambrosini are already prison police officers. Guarise is already a police agent and Beccari is a prison police officer.
Rizzo is a prison police officer and Grassl and Frangipani are police agents.
ir

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
How does all that work? Do they have to work in the field after their skating careers end?

From what I know of Italians in other sports, those that get on the Police Sports Programme do light duties during the off season. Such as acting as traffic wardens.

Not sure how it works for those that go down the Prison Service route.

And on that note, I have to make a correction.

I have commented a few times on here over the years that I would gladly commit a crime just so that I could be locked by the Lovely Miss Marchei. But, I decided to check it when writing this post, and it turns out that I was getting mixed up. Valentina Marchei was in the Air Force. It was Anna Little Hats that was in the Prison Service.

Although I got the skater wrong, the sentiment definitely still stands! :love: ;) :devil:

if they want to (clearly it would be just office job), but in reality it's just about funding

Thank goodness for that. I dread to think what would happen if one of your kids left handcuffs lying about the house, and you got your hands on them... :eek:

:laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist

ir

When they are enrolled in an armed forces/military group, they receive the monthly salary corresponding to the level of the position they are (they can raise within the ranks during their active careers as promotions are usually done based on number of years of "service").
Then when they retire, it is up to them. They can resign or stay in the forces. If they stay, some switch to active duties, others stay in the sport group (to do administrative stuffs or as parts of coaching/management teams).

if they want to (clearly it would be just office job), but in reality it's just about funding

They can end up in out of office duties too, especially those in the police (I mean, stopping cars and checking documents, patrolling public spaces, etc).

From what I know of Italians in other sports, those that get on the Police Sports Programme do light duties during the off season. Such as acting as traffic wardens.

I think in the off season, they usually do the specific training required (polygons, etc) to keep the qualifications. They have some camps.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I figured this was probably the best place for most of this interview (although I'm cross-posting in the I.AM dominance thread, as it's also relevant)

A new FS Gossips interview with Barbara Fusar Poli about Guignard/Fabbri, Cimlova/Cirisano and trying to compete with I.AM.

https://fs-gossips.com/barbara-fusa...ges-to-surpass-them-you-have-to-be-a-head-an/

Regarding G/F's new programs (they are definitely planning to compete next season:
We have almost finished the free dance – and I’m thrilled with how it’s turning out. We chose the music together, and I can see how much Charlene and Marco enjoy what they skate to....
In the upcoming season, they will present something different again – we decided not to repeat ourselves. And believe me, it will be something incredible! We will start working on the rhythm dance in the next few days, so we’re immersing ourselves in the music of the 80s.
She also discusses Cimlova/Cirisano and their visit to I.AM's training centre. It seems that, for now, they have chosen to base themselves with Barbara and her team, but the ins and outs of the arrangement are very interesting.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
When they are enrolled in an armed forces/military group, they receive the monthly salary corresponding to the level of the position they are (they can raise within the ranks during their active careers as promotions are usually done based on number of years of "service").
Then when they retire, it is up to them. They can resign or stay in the forces. If they stay, some switch to active duties, others stay in the sport group (to do administrative stuffs or as parts of coaching/management teams).

They can end up in out of office duties too, especially those in the police (I mean, stopping cars and checking documents, patrolling public spaces, etc).

I think in the off season, they usually do the specific training required (polygons, etc) to keep the qualifications. They have some camps.
Thanks! I always wondered how this worked. I know several of the gymnasts on the national team joined the army or police. Appreciate the detailed explanation.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I figured this was probably the best place for most of this interview (although I'm cross-posting in the I.AM dominance thread, as it's also relevant)

A new FS Gossips interview with Barbara Fusar Poli about Guignard/Fabbri, Cimlova/Cirisano and trying to compete with I.AM.

https://fs-gossips.com/barbara-fusa...ges-to-surpass-them-you-have-to-be-a-head-an/

Regarding G/F's new programs (they are definitely planning to compete next season:

She also discusses Cimlova/Cirisano and their visit to I.AM's training centre. It seems that, for now, they have chosen to base themselves with Barbara and her team, but the ins and outs of the arrangement are very interesting.
any hint on what they may pick as R&D? no eh?

italiantrashymusicitaliantrashymusic

5b69ffdc7708e97dce12be09

Status
Not open for further replies.