2022-23 JGPF Junior Free Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2022-23 JGPF Junior Free Dance

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I remember when Canada had 4 good JR ID teams and Nadia/Peter were battling it out between 3/4. Now they are the last team standing and have improved a lot. She has grown a lot as well.
Bruce and Natalie (gone) Lajoie-Lagha, the other BBs (Bronsard and Bouraguia) and Miku and Tyler? I count 5... unless Lala were already seniors???

yesterday

Record Breaker
One thing I will say about this comp, I’ve liked every one of the music choices so far—and that is pretty rare

Not a boring flowy one among them! No Einaudi etc. No weird covers. And a couple of classical pieces, for good measure!
tbf, the Nutcracker starts a bit rough 😅

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Breakdown of the marks

Mrazek siblings with highest BV (the first lift was upped to level 4 during reviews).

PCS:
Czech, USA; Germany and Finland for M/M
Canada, Italy, Great Britain for B/B
Korea and France for Lim/Quan
And baby Germans with the second highest BV :oops:

Generally, ice dance scoring will probably forever remain a mystery to me, at least on some level. 😅 And kind of seems like the judges agree with that assessment as well based on the spread of scores and placements...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
And baby Germans with the second highest BV :oops:

Generally, ice dance scoring will probably forever remain a mystery to me, at least on some level. 😅 And kind of seems like the judges agree with that assessment as well based on the spread of scores and placements...
BB lost tons of point on their dance spin... which explains why their BV is lower than expected. I am not sure what the error was but it was costly in terms of BV but not in terms of GOE nor PCS, while the Czech got the full BV for their lift... though it was a complete failure which resulted in GOE deduction and the mandatory minus 2... it probably affected PCS but I think judges were not too mean to them on this occasion, which is fine by me.

I'd compare it as the fall on the lift as falling on a fully rotated jump. BV is intact.. Minus GOE. Deduction and impact on presentation
versus someone missing out feature on a spin (rotation or position or transition) but still completing a nice element ... so very low BV + good GOE and no negative impact on PCS.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Watched the Red Violin again after the Skate … Beautiful tragic unique story

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I can’t believe Mrazkova/Mrazek fell twice, but I am hoping to see them capture JWC title. 🙌