2022-23 JGPF Junior Rhythm Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2022-23 JGPF Junior Rhythm Dance

Carol1

Medalist
The Czech team is far superior to everyone else in my (barely functioning) eyes. I expect they will finish second after the free, but I have high hopes for their senior career. The same goes for the team from Cyprus who didn't qualify for this Final.

The other teams all have very strong qualities, but if you ask me their names of nationalities 45 minutes from now, I will have no response.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I mean they are in 4th, but also basically still in second
Yeah, looking at Free Dance PBs (which are obviously not necessarily representative of the scores they are going to be able to achieve tomorrow, after all, ice is slippery and the judges are pretty strict for most teams), it would currently be 1. Bashynska/Beaumont (67.74+102.99=170.73) 2. Mrazkova/Mrazek (64.08+105.43=169.51) 3. Lim/Quan (64.21+99.25=163.46) 4. Grimm/Savitskiy (62.21+98.37=160.58) 5. Bekker/Hernandez (64.58+94.68=159.26) 6. Fradji/Fourneaux (59.23+91.88=151.11)

If all go clean, it's going to be tight between Bashynska/Beaumont and Mrazkova/Mrazek, as well as between Grimm/Savitskiy and Bekker/Hernandez, it really could go either way.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Does falling not demand an automatic -5??

Also, the judge from GB?? We see you...
yeah.. i am puzzled at the minus 3 too... especially with a double fall into the boards... if that is not a minus 5, what does it take?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think M/M probably should have been affected more in PCS at least, and I find -3 weird despite the rule, but I do think they took a big hit due to the error considering how well they've been scoring in the RD. Their two RD scores on the JGP were 70.83 and 71.87. The beat B/H by more than 5.5 points in the RD at JGP Ostrava, and L/Q by nearly 13 points at JGP Egna (a messy skate for L/Q, but still). We can't know for sure what they would have got here without the error, but they probably lost somewhere around 6-8 points.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Kudos to Bekker/Hernandez for (I think) getting the most keypoints!

I feel for the Mrazek siblings... Funnily enough I took the test for Argentine last week and my coach almost fell on that same step during warm-up šŸ˜³ (Passed with a good mark though!) Hoping the mistake here means they'll turn out clean performances at Jr Worlds šŸ¤ž

Nadiia and Peter looking strong, with a very good chance of winning now...

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I wonder how the other teams who got 64 points would feel with this score? I didn't see them... as I just woke up... but that must not feel right... i don't know
I agree they both fell which is major. Itā€™s odd to me they are ahead of the Germans as well. I do appreciate their speed but their programmes arenā€™t super intricate nor is the choreography. I thought they were sloppy in places not finishing off movements and I will keep banging on about Katerinaā€™s posture. It is awful!