2022 Canadian Nationals: Senior Rhythm Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2022 Canadian Nationals: Senior Rhythm Dance

rain

Record Breaker
There was so much good skating here — such a joy to watch.

Piper and Paul were amazing. Not as free as I've seen them, but I love all the changes to the program (now please change the cheap-looking costumes. They can still be bright and over-the-top, but cheap is a no-go). Very sophisticated. Great new lift. Amazing speed.

FB/S looked the best I've seen them since they took time off. Really stepped it up here. I still don't love this program. Maybe they need more of the "Freedom" track at the end? Anyway, not as eye-catching as their Bonnie and Clyde (which I adored). But I did think they were a clear second.

Lajoie/Lagha are standing up really well under the pressure. Love this young team. Don't love this choreography especially,

I must completely disagree with Kaitlyn Weaver — I actually really like the Billie Eilish program for Sales and Wamsteeker. I think she, especially, really gets the mood. But the judges obviously don't agree with me.

Soucisse and Firus also looked great. She's always one of the best-dressed at any competition. I think they definitely made the right move changing coaches.

I missed Lauriault/Le Gac so I'll have to reserve comment for later.

I'm really hoping to be blown away by Piper and Pauls FD this time around. To date I've liked it, but thought it wasn't a masterpiece (like most of the free dances this season).

HeadBanger

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Watched The Skating Lession the other day and they said how Skate Canada would inflate the scores for Piper and Paul. Yet when you look at the scores from the US those are the inflated scores. Piper and Paul scored about what they would internationally.
Canada has done it too. I remember watching the 2018 edition and being shocked by the scores for most of those with medal aspirations

Jeanlee

Rinkside
Ted should work on his French pronunciation... i read somewhere he attempts to say Russian names properly, I cannot judge if he is successful or not at that, but i can tell you that his French is abysmal
He still says Piper Gillees not Gilles
It’s Gill es Prounounciation and spelled Gilles
😂 It’s hard to get all of the names right

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Marie Jade LAURIAULT Romain LE GAC

Lily Hensen/Nathan Lickers

Molly LANAGHAN Dmitre RAZGULAJEVS

Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY Nikolaj SORENSEN