2022 CS Finlandia Trophy Men's Free Skate | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2022 CS Finlandia Trophy Men's Free Skate

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I´m waiting for the junior Lindfors to get older and hoping that he will be like his sister Viveca... Yes, in ladies we had especially Susanna and Laura, to compete against other top skaters. Have to admit that I don´t follow Finnish Nationals, but those from some other Nations, yes.

No, I was not at the arena, insstead watching what they show on tv2.

Sorry for your husband´s corona!

yesterday

Record Breaker
Congratulations to the medalists, especially to Nordeback which was a very pleasant surprise, at least to me!!! Feeling happy for Sweden and unhappy for Finland, that we have no male skater which is even close to top ten and have not had for many, many years.

Feeling also glad for the placement of Ukraine´s Shmuratko!!!

Maybe he can be a candidate?

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
It was really nice to see Jun Hwan on his game. Brian was with him this time. There were a lot of competitors here, but only a handful with top talent. I didn't see Livintsev had WD in time to adjust my predictions. Plus, I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed Nordeback in Juniors. If I had remembered I would have considered factoring him into top five. Majorov is talented but he didn't perform well. Shaidorov was looking so good in the sp, but then he has the fluke mistake at the end. And he was tired in the fp.

So many skaters looked completely exhausted in the fp. I wonder about training strategies and diet regimens for these athletes. Some of them should probably concentrate on leading with what they do well and try not to throw jumps in with a Hail Mary, particularly if they are still training certain jumps and not over at least 75% landing success with those jumps. I guess the start of the season and needing to build up fitness might be attributed to some of the skaters' error-prone outings, along with tiredness during their free skates.

Glad Morisi K had a friend with him in the kiss 'n cry after the fp, since he was alone during the sp waiting for his scores. Unfortunately, I dislike Morisi K's skating, although he seems to have a pleasant, likeable demeanor. Sadly, his skating looks messy and pedestrian, yet the judges always throw him huge points, because he can rotate quads. Sigh! It's so out-of-line to over-reward Morisi K.

Also, it was nice to see Conrad Orzel perform so well in the sp, with improved confidence and purpose, since he switched coaches and training camps. He faltered a bit in the fp, but overall, it was a good outing and learning experience for Orzel.

Last edited: