2022 Edusport Trophy | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2022 Edusport Trophy

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
There was a long gap between the first and second skaters, so I took the opportunity to find the SP for skater #1, Darya CHERNOPYATOVA (BUL). Because there was something that was puzzling me during her FS.

She had something around her right leg today. Now, at first I thought it was some sort of support, but it was too small to be providing support for anything. Also, it was not in an obvious position to provide support - it was just below her knee.

And she wasn't wearing it yesterday.

I haven't a clue what it was for.

That said, she was wearing some funny looking tights that looked like they had built in socks yesterday. So, she might just have a quirky sense of fashion.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, I did caught up during the resurfacing, but it's happened later in the day than I expected. This is running so far behind schedule. The judges scores for quite a few of the skaters we have had in both Junior groups so far took so long to come through. And it is adding up.

Fortunately, there was an extra-long break scheduled between the Junior and Senior competitions, so that the Senior competitions would start at half past the hour. I suspect that break will probably be shortened, so that the Senior Men's FS still starts at the scheduled time.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This second group should be an exciting one, because we have three pairs of skaters with very close scores.

#7 Mariia LARIONOVA (UKR) is 0.95 points behind #8 Teodora GHEORGHE (ROU)
#9 Katarina GERVITS (ISR) is 0.80 points behind #10 Noa EVEN (ISR)
#11 Chloe Desiree LEUNG (HKG) is 1.17 points behind #12 Anastasiia VASYLCHENKO (UKR)

It will be particularly interesting between the two Israelis. And there is an extra dimension because there are 2 Gervits girls in this competition. And whereas Katarina has a good chance of moving up from 10th position, Elizabet is coming under pressure from behind and may slip from 2nd position.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mmmm. I should have opened the SP results page rather than the starting order table on the FS livescoring page. Because both Mariia LARIONOVA (UKR) and Teodora GHEORGHE (ROU) have actually slipped down places.

Just shows how costly it can be to have a fall when you are in a close group.

Now for the first of the Gervits girls. Katarina, who had a SP that I absolutely loved!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That's it. I am now a member of the Katarina Gervits fan club. I loved her FS too!

The Judges didn't like it as much, though. They put her 4th in the FS, but it was just about enough to stay ahead overall. She is 0.64 points ahead of Radina ZAHARIEVA (BUL) in the overall standings.

And I think I have found confirmation that she and Elizabet are sisters. Because I have found lots of videos of two sisters from Tel Aviv with EXACTLY the same names doing piano duets. And in her ISU Bio, Elizabet says her hobby is playing the piano. Seems too much of a coincidence.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That said, I loved the FS that Noa EVEN (ISR) just did as well. You can't beat a bit of Chopin. ;)

But, boys she was lucky not to finish her programme on her backside. The final spin was so far off-axis. I was amazed she rescued it.

My prediction is that she will stay ahead of Katarina Gervits in both FS and overall.

Yep, she leads both FS and overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Chloe Desiree LEUNG (HKG) has just demolished the field. There is no other way of putting it.

She has taken a 19.71 point lead over Noa EVEN (ISR) in the FS. And when you add in the 4.79 point lead she had over her in the SP, that means she leads overall by 24.50 points.

I would say she will be climbing considerably up the standings.

Unless overnight leader Mariia DMITRIEVA (ISR) has a nightmare, Chloe won't win. But, she could get onto the podium.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Erm, I take that back. Anastasiia VASYLCHENKO (UKR) has pushed the bar even further. 😲

She has taken a 11.68 point lead in the FS, and a 12.85 point lead overall.

I knew this would be an exciting FS segment given how close so many skaters were after the SP. But, I wasn't expecting anything like this!

The skaters in this final group are going to have to skate at their very best just to maintain their positions.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, Chloe and Anastasiia have claimed their first victim. Stella MAKRI (GRE) slips behind both of them into 3rd in the FS and overall.

Phew. When Taisiia SPESIVTSEVA (UKR) started skating, I thought we were getting that awful cover of "Bad Romance". But, it soon turned into a song I absolutely love, "Objection" by Shakira!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

2PZu.gif

Taisiia goes into 3rd in the FS. But, her advantage over Chloe in the SP means that she goes into 2nd overall. Anastasiia still leads both FS and overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Julija POLNIUK (POL) is pulling out all the stops. Fun programme to "Runaway Baby" by Bruno Mars, with cartwheels and everything thrown in!

Well, she couldn't have done any more. Is it enough?

It's taking a long time to find out.

No. She goes into 4th in both FS and overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gaaah!!!! Dialogue!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

You know, I don't like being not nice, but I think that weird fall towards the end of the section of dialogue at the start was the universe telling her not to skate to dialogue.

That was the strangest programme I have seen for a long time. The music was weird. And then another section of dialogue at the end.

Suffice to say, I didn't like that programme from Gioia FIORI (ITA). I wonder what on Earth the judges will make of it.

2nd in the FS, and 2nd overall.

Anastasiia VASYLCHENKO (UKR) still leads both, but her overall lead is now only 0.22 points.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
"Papa Can You Hear Me?"

Well, it depends whether you are playing the old Joanna or not.

Elizabet GERVITS (ISR) was wearing one of those dresses that is the same colour as the ice and the boards. But there were lots of cut-outs, so she didn't blend in completely.

During my digging, I found out that Elizabet is a year older than Katarina. And although Elizabet is scoring higher, in both SP and FS I preferred Katarina's programmes.

Anyway, Elizabet goes 2nd in the FS to Anastasiia VASYLCHENKO (UKR), but her advantage from the SP means she finally ends Anastasiia's climb up the order in the overall results.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Someday somebody will fly away, and the show won't go on.

I have heard that melding of songs so many times that I got fed up with it a long time ago. And I am not just saying that because I am a massive Queen fan and want to hear Freddie singing.

Well, the skating was good, so Mariia DMITRIEVA (ISR) will win.

Mmmm. 4th in the FS. But the advantage from the SP means that she wins by the tiny margin of 9.02 points.

So, after being 7th in the SP, and 18.33 points behind the SP winner, Anastasiia VASYLCHENKO (UKR) wins the FS. And wins a 🥈 Silver Medal.

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, boys but we are running late. I had been hoping that everything would be finished in time for the Universiade starting. There's no chance now!

Time for a little bit of chaos now! :devil:

Livestream for the Senior Men's FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 3h 52m 55s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMXB_wwrp8Y&t=13975

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.frponline.ro/HTML/Inter...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.frponline.ro/HTML/International Edusport Trophy 2023/SEG002.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I thought it was just me.

They normally mute the audio during the resurfacings, and then turn it back on during the Warm-Up. But, the person switching the volume back on pressed the button twice, accidentally turning it off again. And nobody has realised it yet.

Since we can't hear the music that is being skated to, I decided to take the opportunity to play some videos of the Gervits sisters playing piano together. :biggrin:

They are really good! I wonder if some time we will see them do a Starr Andrews and skate to themselves....

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And now. The end is here. And so we face. The final curtain.

And hopefully the curtain will not be quiet!

Livestream for the Senior Ladies FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 4h 11m 02s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMXB_wwrp8Y&t=15062

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.frponline.ro/HTML/Inter...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.frponline.ro/HTML/International Edusport Trophy 2023/SEG004.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: