2022 Edusport Trophy | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2022 Edusport Trophy

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
2 falls in the SP, and 2 falls in the FS.

Alexandra MINTSIDOU (GRE) will be disappointed with how she got on this weekend.

Hopefully things will go better for her at Europeans.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Come on judges, I want to eat tonight. But, if you carry on taking this long over every skater, it'll be tomorrow before I get anything!

Time for the first of the skaters I have a real soft spot for in this competition, Yae-Mia Neira Schärer!!! :biggrin:

:cheer: ALL THE BEST YAE-MIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is it just me, or are we getting our second dose of Shakira this afternoon? Only this time in Spanish.

olè 💃

Loved that. But, I'm totally biased. It's Yae-Mia and Shakira, after all!

She goes into the lead of both FS and overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gaaah!!!! I forgot that there was a resurfacing between the two groups. If I had remembered, I could have timed my tea for now.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Unfortunately, the Lithuanian Senior Ladies Champion had to withdraw from the Universiade before the SP due to injury. So, national honours this weekend now fall on the shoulders of the Junior Ladies Champion.

Hopefully Meda will rise to the occasion.

As it stands, she is looking good for her best ever Senior result in only her third competition at this level (she finished 14th in her first, and 7th in her second).

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Rather messy. But, she should stay on track for that best Senior finish.

Wow! She hasn't half! :jaw:

She leads the FS by 9.40 points, and overall by 14.62 points! 😲

:cheer: WELL DONE MEDA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Julia SAUTER (ROU) was skating to one of those tempting fate songs, "A Little Unsteady" by X Ambassadors (never knew the name of the band before).

But she was anything but unsteady! She was really good.

And she knew how good it was. Big fist pump after she finished.

She leads by 22.03 points in the FS, and by 25.53 overall.

Julia has really laid down the gauntlet for the English girls.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And Nina rose to the challenge set to her!

That was great!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

But, it wasn't quite enough. She goes into 2nd in the FS, and overall.

Can Kristen do it?

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now that was appropriate. Nancy Sinatra was in an episode of "The Man From UNCLE" that I watched a few days ago.

She didn't shoot anybody down in it, though.

A very strange combination of things she was skating to. It had everything you could think of, including a section of dialogue. Whoever decided to put them together is very imaginative.

To be honest, the "music" was a bit much for me. But, Kristen put her all into the skating.

As I have made clear, I love Kristen. And I would love to see her win.

But, I think the host country will be celebrating the win.

NO KRISTEN HAS DONE IT!!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

She wins the FS by only 0.56 points, but wins overall by 7.95 points.

:cheer: WELL DONE KRISTEN!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I don't think Kristen has ever scored even close to this high of a score, but it was certainly very well deserved. She had an almost perfect competition apart from the popped Lutz at the beginning of the Free.

Her jumps are so big, precise and easy looking and it seems that she's finally finding the confidence and stability to deliver very good skates. If she can continue to improve like this and maybe get a 3-3, she has a very good chance of becoming the top British skater and potentially even competitive within Europe (without Russians).

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thanks for all you do with the links CaroLiza, I really appreciate it!

Awww. You're welcome!

I've just updated the posts for this afternoon's segments so that the video links take you directly to the start of the segment. But, whether the videos remain viewable or not is another matter.

Thank you again for the kind words.

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't think Kristen has ever scored even close to this high of a score, but it was certainly very well deserved. She had an almost perfect competition apart from the popped Lutz at the beginning of the Free.

You got me curious, so I just checked.

For the SP, her absolute PB is 61.62 points from last month's British Championships. So, she was only 0.53 points shy of it yesterday.

But for the FS and overall, her scores today are new absolute PB's, and by a decent distance.

Her previous absolute PB for the FS was 109.64 points from the 2021 Tirnavia Ice Cup (which she won). So, 5.96 points lower than today.

And her previous absolute PB overall score was 167.96 points from last month's British Championships. So, 8.73 points lower than this week. In terms of international competitions, her previous best overall score was 162.34 points from April's Triglav Trophy. So, 14.35 points lower than this week.

Her jumps are so big, precise and easy looking and it seems that she's finally finding the confidence and stability to deliver very good skates. If she can continue to improve like this and maybe get a 3-3, she has a very good chance of becoming the top British skater and potentially even competitive within Europe (without Russians).

Her jumps always were Kristen's strength. It was just getting them consistently that was the problem. But, all the work she has been doing over the past few years is paying off.

I was going to say to not count Nina out. That when Natasha retires, she could also be in with a shot. But, then I looked her up and got a shock when I saw that Nina is actually older than Natasha.

So, yes, now that Danielle Harrison seems to have fallen by the wayside, Kristen does seem to be the only candidate to be the top British skater in the long term.

CaroLiza_fan

yesterday

Record Breaker
Wow, hats off to Anelin George ENACHE for his 2-in-1 competition.
But what puzzles me is that he scored better overall (small margin) in the Juniors event and not in the Seniors.
Right? :scratch2:

I've seen 2-in-1 in other competitions and due to the tighter rules and shorter programs (?) for Juniors, it's almost certain that you score less with that version of the program(s).

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow, hats off to Anelin George ENACHE for his 2-in-1 competition.
But what puzzles me is that he scored better overall (small margin) in the Juniors event and not in the Seniors.
Right? :scratch2:

I've seen 2-in-1 in other competitions and due to the tighter rules and shorter programs (?) for Juniors, it's almost certain that you score less with that version of the program(s).

Thank you for pointing that out. I hadn't actually noticed that somebody was doing both levels.

Sorry to disagree, but my observations have tended to be the exact opposite to what you are saying. Most times that I have seen a skater competing at both levels at an event, they have tended to score higher in Juniors than in Seniors. Probably because they have been competing in Juniors all season, and so are more used to doing those versions of the programmes.

In fact, I've often thought it must be confusing for a skater to be doing a programme one way all season, and then to switch levels and have to do it a different way. By this stage of the season, what they are doing is probably ingrained in their mind. Almost like they are on auto-pilot. So, if they are suddenly having to do it differently for a different level, it must be very easy to get mixed up. And knowing this can make them nervous, and more likely to make mistakes. Hence, they score lower than they would if they were doing it the way they are used to.

And for that reason, I have also often thought that it would be simpler for the skater to have a completely different set of programmes for each level. So that they do not get confused.

Anyway, I just looked up Anelin George ENACHE on Rink Results, and he is a very interesting case. Two seasons ago, he was competing full time at Basic Novice level! 😲 Last season, he made his debut at Junior level, and after that made his debut at Advanced Novice level. And this season, he has been competing in both Juniors and Seniors.

This is the second time this season he has competed at both Junior and Senior levels at the same event. At the Crystal Skate Of Romania, he scored better in Juniors in the SP and overall. His scores for the FS were practically identical.

I don't know what age this guy is, but the rate that he has progressed through the levels the past couple of seasons is remarkable!

CaroLiza_fan