Gold: South Korea
Silver and bronze: Japan

Maybe symmetry is not the right word but whatever :p

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Camden Pulkinen

I felt obviously nervous, I had a lot to prove. Today I skated freer and left it on the table. In the short I was a little tight. I was happy that could skate and have fun.

(on next plans) I’m sad to see both my programs go, but also I’m excited to try new stuff and see what I could take to skate to. I try to calm down from this season, because I competed so much. So just preparing for next season, recovering very well and hopefully learning some new tricks.

(on studying financial economics) In August I’m moving to New York City for my university and it’s going to be a little bit of a change. I have two years left. I think it is important to get a degree. I want to keep skating through university and really challenge myself. I’ve been doing part-time at school up to now but I want to challenge myself by doing full-time.

(on his coach, Damon Allen, being in quarantine in Tallinn) It was kind of tough to find out that my coach can’t leave his hotel room from Europeans (he was at the European Championships). Initially, in practice it threw me off a little bit, but at the end of the day I’m going to skate the program.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Corey Cirelli

Overall I was pretty pleased with it. It felt like there are a lot of quality things. It’s nice to do the first two bigger jumps, get them nailed on an international stage. I wish I could do better, but I was pretty pleased. It was super fun.

(on what was taken on the first ISU championship) OMG, so much! To skate in front of big audience. I used to skate more on junior events which is quieter. It was super fun. I really enjoy it. Apart from that, it’s such an intense level. Everyone was so focused. It really puts you in a position where you just want to better yourself. It is super exciting, and makes me hungry for more.

(on transforming from ice dance) I was kind of a rink rat at a young age, like I was always there. It was something that coaches were like “let’s just do as much as we can to fill up your day”. At one point, around 14 or 15, I was like “it wasn’t really for me”. It didn’t grab my attention or satisfy me personally whereas my singles (skating) did. I just wanted to go with that and I couldn’t be happier.

(on whether training in ice dance has helped in his singles) It’s such a dream. From ice dance, I think you definitely learn music, rhythm and timing. But at the same time, my most take away from that is probably the ability to skate to so many genres. I feel like I have a good base of what music I can do. I tried a lot of different things.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Joseph Phan

I’m very happy, I was so nervous, going into my program. From experience at my last competition, it tends to work well but I didn’t end up like influence my skate today. I just stayed focused today, like I did at Canadians, and just do what I had to do, and everything worked out at the end.

(on experience from this competition) It was just a crazy adventure coming here and this is the shortest I’ve been at an international competition, because we are leaving tomorrow morning and we arrived Thursday night. And so, it is short, but I still did really well, and it shows that no matter what you are still able to fight.

(on his season) It was a roller-coaster. Actually, it was nothing, nothing, nothing and then a lot of competitions and it was rough at the beginning, and it slowly got better.

(new goals) It’s definitely to completely heal my knee injury and after that work towards the Olympics in four years. The goal before that it would be just to do well, at any competition to do my best, enjoy my process.