CCoSp4

Score: 145.67
Total score: 223.06

This was a really good skate, really putting the pressure on Takeru :oops:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Okay, so, a minimum of silver for Yampolskiy. Good job! He will be tying with Cha. Damn, this Martynov guy better be a maverick.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Takeru Amine KATAISE (JPN)
Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso

3A+3T
3A
3F
CCoSp4
3Lo
3Lz
2A+3T Turn/Step
3S+2A+2T+SEQ
CSSp4
ChSq1
CCoSp

Score: 155.18
Total score: 234.24

He's so elegant, just look at his arm and hand movement, and he has such soft knees. So flexible as well, and fast. So secure and confident, a joy to watch. Just a little issue with one of the combos, everything else was of extremely high quality. ❤️

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
AND...we get to be graced with Takeru's noble, angelic voice during interview~

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Okay, so it’s still

Memola,
Nakamura and Kataise, assuming they will be 1 and 2 between themselves in Edna
Then Yoshioka.
Cha and Yampolskiy

Broussard would have qualified even if he was 4th ahead of Yoshioka.

zebobes

Final Flight
Okay, so it’s still

Memola,
Nakamura and Kataise, assuming they will be 1 and 2 between themselves in Edna
Then Yoshioka.
Cha and Yampolskiy

Broussard would have qualified even if he was 4th ahead of Yoshioka.

Yampolsky's point totals are higher than Cha, so he will be in front.

Broussard could still be assigned, the USFS may have been waiting to see how William Annis did this week to see if they wanted to make adjustments to next week's JGP, there is still one open spot.

Andreas Nordeback, even though he only got bronze in his first JGP, is also very strong and could theoretically win too, if he skates as well as he did this week at Finlandia, and even if he got second, would still be in front of Yampolsky and Cha.

I was really rooting for Minkyu Seo to somehow do well enough to make it to the final, but he was unlucky to be at the stronger events. Oh well, I guess this is motivation for him to get his Lutz edge sorted and learn a triple axel. Oddly, he will have one of the highest point totals of the men since he is so consistent, but unfortunately, that's not how the final spots are assigned.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Andreas Nordeback, even though he only got bronze in his first JGP, is also very strong and could theoretically win too, if he skates as well as he did this week at Finlandia, and even if he got second, would still be in front of Yampolsky and Cha.
Since both Japanese gold medal winners are there, I have my doubts that Nordeback could grab gold, but if he does, whoever is in 3rd from the two of them would be his tie.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Broussard could still be assigned, the USFS may have been waiting to see how William Annis did this week to see if they wanted to make adjustments to next week's JGP, there is still one open spot
When is the cut off for that? Or are they actually holding the spots, not replacing Martynov?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Since both Japanese gold medal winners are there, I have my doubts that Nordeback could grab gold, but if he does, whoever is in 3rd from the two of them would be his tie.
hehe :) junior men ! Everything is possible :)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
hehe :) junior men ! Everything is possible :)
Yes, Barlin could top the podium too in front of them all. 🤷‍♀️ I dunno, further in the season, I think they are more stable, but then again, Zich and Annis didn’t deliver today… and with the crazy long queue competition list, it’s harder for sure.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes, Barlin could top the podium too in front of them all. 🤷‍♀️ I dunno, further in the season, I think they are more stable, but then again, Zich and Annis didn’t deliver today…
Exactly my point :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yeah, but ‘Japanese will win’ still held, so the stars have to really align for Nordeback to win over 2 Japanese who both have a gold already.
I don't dispute the logic ;) but I am also open to any surprises :)

zebobes

Final Flight
When is the cut off for that? Or are they actually holding the spots, not replacing Martynov?

If you look at the ISU assignment lists, there are two men assigned to Egna, so that means the US can switch out any of the names so long as they are on the substitute lists, which Lucas Broussard is. Martynov's name is listed on the USFS international assignments list, so that means he IS confirmed, but they still have one more spot they can assign.

While it is unlikely for both Japanese men to bomb, Andreas would only have to get second to have a higher ranking than all the 22 pointers, which includes Nozomu who won gold, but bombed his second competition and only got fifth. But since there will likely be three gold medalists next week, it will be a tough competition, and everyone will have the nerves of wanting to make the final, which means there will probably be a lot more mistakes.