2022 Russian Nationals Novices (Older Age) | Golden Skate

2022 Russian Nationals Novices (Older Age)

LadyB

Record Breaker

2022 Russian Nationals Novices (Older Age)
(Adv. Novices/Jun) Singles/Pairs/Ice Dance
01 - 05 April 2022
Ice Arena 'Sport Industry', Velikiy Novgorod

Homepage: https://fsrussia.ru/sorevnovaniya/6...evushek-i-yunoshej-starshij-vozrast-2022.html
Schedule: Moscow Time!

Entries/Results/Schedule: https://fsrussia.ru/results/2122/olimpic_hopes2122/index.htm

Streams:
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoWX3I22crs
03.04.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zhSGjSYw6M
04.04.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6vAQKZjIqU
05.04.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ6Vzm7vKyE

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Hurray!!! Entries/Results are up! See above in OP.
OMG, my nerves, three Moskvich boys to cheer for plus the St. Petersburg lads. :drama:
I wish boys and pairs were on the weekend though, *goes and puts blocker into Outlook calendar for Monday and Tuesday afternoon*.

LadyB

Record Breaker
OMG, my nerves, three Moskvich boys to cheer for plus the St. Petersburg lads. :drama:
I wish boys and pairs were on the weekend though, *goes and puts blocker into Outlook calendar for Monday and Tuesday afternoon*.
I've got Lev Lazarev on top of it and several pairs, lead by Marinina/Finokhin. Then there is the wonderful Rumak/Goncharov in dance. It's gonna be a real feast. Although, a bit interrupted by hockey on my part. :D

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Seems like Veronika Zhilina has withdrawn.:slink: (I guess some part of me was kind of expecting it, both her and Sofia Muravieva (who fell ill during her last competition) have been absent from AoP's IG posts showing their training group.)

Well, happy for Alena Prineva, she's a lot of fun to watch.❤️

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker

LadyB

Record Breaker
Just watched Rumak/Goncharov back.I love them so much, hop they'll stay together forever and ever. :) These two, together with Kaganovskaya/Angelopol (now Seniors),will be my team for the future.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Great placement for Kolomenskaya/Frolov as well.👏👏👏
It makes me happy, as I'm following Tema Frolov since he was a single skater at Sambo 70 together with Ilya Skirda and Artem Kovalev. :love:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Oh no 1lz-combo for Agneta :(

I still dont get why she competed in SPB championships 1 day before she had to compete here :shrug:
Yeah, I don't get it either.:scratch2:
Agneta is a wonderful skater and I was incredibly impressed by her making it to Jr Nationals without a proper coach last season, but since she's switched to St. Petersburg things haven't been working out in her favour.

katymay

Medalist
Lyubov was very low, (66) she looked confused and I am as well. Figured this would go into the lead easily. Can't figure out what got dinged.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Lyubov was very low, (66) she looked confused and I am as well. Figured this would go into the lead easily. Can't figure out what got dinged.
I think she got a level 2 on one of the spins? But tbh, her scores have been pretty low ever since she left Team Tut, despite there not being much difference in quality in my opinion. :scratch2: (Not saying there is a definite connection between those two things, but it feels like there could be.)

Also, does she have a new dress? It's very pretty. 😍✨

katymay

Medalist
I think she got a level 2 on one of the spins? But tbh, her scores have been pretty low ever since she left Team Tut, despite there not being much difference in quality in my opinion. :scratch2: (Not saying there is a definite connection between those two things, but it feels like there could be.)

Also, does she have a new dress? It's very pretty. 😍✨
I didn't know she left Eteri. Her jumps looked outstanding today, figured it had to be a level on something. Her speed, etc., looked fantastic today.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I didn't know she left Eteri. Her jumps looked outstanding today, figured it had to be a level on something. Her speed, etc., looked fantastic today.
She left Eteri after the Moscow qualifier for Younger Age Novice Nationals (beginning of February).
We'll have to wait for the protocols to know for sure - she likely lost a level or two somewhere.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Side note, I somehow completely forgot that Kamilla Nelyubova now trains at AoP - Despite them literally posting a video yesterday in which she can be seen training.

She has a nice Lutz, a bit of a shame the landing on that 3Lz+3Lo was quite rough. The program is a bit weird though, does anyone know if this is the program she competed with at the beginning of the season when she was still training under her previous coaches?

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Oh Alena 😭💔 I feel like I've seen a 3Lz+Combo (or other problems with the Lutz combo) in her Short program way too many times in one season, I think she only had a clean Short like 3 times despite competing in over 10 competitions this season.
I wonder why they don't move it to the first half if it's exhaustion or timing that's the problem or maybe switch it out for a 3Lo+3T or 3Lo+3Lo combination if it's the Lutz itself giving her trouble.

DougDorsey

On the Ice

Yeah, she got L2 on one of her spins and missed the bonus for her 3Lz+3Lo. (Jump timed too early?) With those, she'd probably be in second or so. Either way, she's nicely positioned to compete for the podium. 👏🏼