2022 Skate America Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate America Free Dance

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Genuinely disappointed Soucisse/Firus didn't go full Hawaiian, though that might've edged into culturally insensitive territory. But a dramatic piano cover just feels like a missed opportunity to actually do something different.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Carolanne is dressed beautifully, like a theatre star. Shane meanwhile is giving me "stagehand".
I once saw a student production of Into The Woods where they couldn't afford a real puppet or person in a cow suit for Milky White. So when the cow died, a stage hand dressed in black had to walk out on stage and gently tip the wooden prop over, and everyone else had to react like the cow had just done that itself and they couldn't see her.

Maybe we're supposed to likewise pretend Shane isn't there?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know what the hell that was from the Germans, but I want a lot more of it.

How original. The costumes look sort of priestly with the graphic black and white... and the music oddly sounded a bit churchy.

I really liked that, and to think I was going to skip this first group.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i just cannot help it... the flowing bit of fabric on his costume reminds me of toilet paper.

tumblr_mfoz3onRt81qlzc82o1_r2_500.gif

theblade

On the Ice
The Germans are dancing to a modern Hungarian composer. I understand the costumes more than I like them. However, they are still gorgeous as a couple: interesting lifts, entertaining to watch, committed to their performance - and her hair, black and white makeup and coordinated earring are perfect choices.