2022 Skate America Rhythm Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate America Rhythm Dance

theblade

On the Ice
See, now Carolane and Shane have a coordinated Latin ballroom dance look and I am at peace with that. Like the blue and black combo for them both. She looks fashionable and he looks sleek.

Love the lunge out of the twizzle. Love their expression and that they look at each other a lot in the dance. Great connection and equal energy together. The choreo has them simultaneously super-close and super-connected so I love that.

The technical is super-low, though.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
See, now Carolane and Shane have a coordinated Latin ballroom dance look and I am at peace with that. Like the blue and black combo for them both. She looks fashionable and he looks sleek.

Love the lunge out of the twizzle. Love their expression and that they look at each other a lot in the dance. Great connection and equal energy together. The choreo has them simultaneously super-close and super-connected so I love that.

The technical is super-low, though.
yup... super low levels...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They were doing all the right things, so I don't know why I didn't warm up to Carolane and Shane. But I didn't :(

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I admit I did not have Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC (CAN) ahead of Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS (CAN). Nor did I have Holly & Jason as high. I agree with the judging.

Carol1

Medalist
Too bad there isn't a separate score for Transitions anymore, because Hawayek and Baker would have scored 10s across the board just for the transitions they did with their faces.

theblade

On the Ice
Kaitlin's dress really does derive inspo from '40s-'50s Hollywood productions of American housewives in latin attire, so I do see the nod to I Love Lucy. So he shouldn't be in a black shirt but a colored one. Understand the costumes, think more tweaking could happen. Her hair, makeup and rose are fab.

They dance vey well, as usual.