2022 US Nationals: Pre-game Chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 US Nationals: Pre-game Chat

Country
Norway
It´s quite concerning with all the WD because of covid-19. I don´t have a clue where the different pairs skate, but it makes me keep wondering if it may be a rink related outbreak. Or it could just be a coincidence and they got it from family and friends, because literally everybody catch it now. I hope they manage to isolate all the cases and that they won´t bring it into the bubble.

It´s quite bad timing having the Championship right after the holidays where you gather a lot of family and friends. I wonder if the skaters must been extra stressed about Christmas holiday this year with the rise of Omicron and being so close to the Championship which will decide the OG-spots. I realize though that Nats have been arranged always at this time before Covid, so it´s just bad timing.

Kapeesh

Spectator
Anybody know the scoop on Ian Somerville? He’s had 3 partners in the past 3ish seasons and it sounds like he dines & dashes on each one of them. I’m surprised to see his name up there

sworddance21

On the Ice
Per USFS rulebook (Rule 2521), "For the U.S. Figure Skating Championships, there are no alternates for the championship (senior events)."
Does not matter whether the senior skater(s) who withdrew had a bye or not.

Junior events at Nats do have alternates.

(I am echoing what I previously posted in the U.S. Men thread at the time of Naumov's withdrawal.)

But in case anyone is wondering about junior dance: Even before the news that Flores/Tsarevski and the Browns will not be at Nats, there were no more junior dance competitors from Championship Series who would have been potential additions.
Freeman/Bennett already had filled the slot created by the earlier withdrawal of Larson/Appel.

The only junior couple from Championship Series who will be missing from Nats is 😭 the late Joshua Soto 😭 and Mila Guberman.
Oh, my goodness, I didn't know what happened to Joshua Soto. How absolutely devastating.

LoisAGOEs

Rinkside
Anybody know the scoop on Ian Somerville? He’s had 3 partners in the past 3ish seasons and it sounds like he dines & dashes on each one of them. I’m surprised to see his name up there
There’s been nothing said about how he and Katarina DelCamp ended as far as I’m aware. Neither of them announced the end of the partnership, just showed up with new partners.

But the end of his 10 year partnership with Eliana Gropman was not pretty.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just saw the odds for this event

Figure Skating. U.S. Championship. Women. Outright
WinnerYESNO
Liu Alysa2.951.35
Bell Mariah4.701.15
Chen Karen7.001.07
Glenn Amber10.001.03
Thorngren L15.00
Izzo Gabriella15.00
Venetta Sierra25.00
Shin Audrey25.00
Andrews Starr25.00

Mariah at 4.70 isn’t that bad.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just saw the odds for this event

Figure Skating. U.S. Championship. Women. Outright
WinnerYESNO
Liu Alysa2.951.35
Bell Mariah4.701.15
Chen Karen7.001.07
Glenn Amber10.001.03
Thorngren L15.00
Izzo Gabriella15.00
Venetta Sierra25.00
Shin Audrey25.00
Andrews Starr25.00

Mariah at 4.70 isn’t that bad.

Where did you see the "odds"?

Charlotte 71

On the Ice
As of Jan 3, 2022

Official Results

Seniors​

Juniors​

What happened with Paige Rydberg? I thought she qualified this year?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's been kind of a ho-hum season. I hope Nationals brings the Bang and shakes things up in every discipline.

I want to see an upset - minor or major - where the expected podium is not at all what get. Or at least a bolt out of the blue finishes 4th - and yes, I know about the pewter, I just ignore it.

I hope the top flight in each discipline skates so spectacularly well that we're fighting over the results for months. I want the selection panel (since we insist on having one) to leave the deliberation room with black eyes from the brawl they've had sorting out the impact from Nationals. I want some FUN.

saturdaysun

On the Ice
Unless I'm missing it, looks like no practice cam for the senior ladies' first practice tomorrow morning?

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Unless I'm missing it, looks like no practice cam for the senior ladies' first practice tomorrow morning?
Very likely, the cam is only for practices on the main rink; the senior women will be there early Wednesday night.