2022 Winter Olympics: Pairs Free Skate | Page 62 | Golden Skate

2022 Winter Olympics: Pairs Free Skate

whatif

Medalist
Well I think the chinese combo in the free should receive negative GOE (Sui masked her step-out perfectly, but it was there). I also think their spin in the SP went completley asynchronous and should receive negative GOE. But what the hell. I'm glad it came to nice and thrilling finish after the last two weeks. Now we have some time to recover before the worlds.
S/H had always have horrible spins and Sui's landings also did not warrant that kind of GOE.
But again, this is just nitpicking.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Looking at the protocols, Sui/Han made up for their mistake on the 3S not just with the quad twist but with the Forward Inside death spiral which is 0.9 points harder than the Forward Outside death spiral that T/M did. Wow, it was THAT close.
Actually, Franca Bianconi on Italian broadcast pointed that out. When they were doing the spiral, she said "they are stacking up points with this". That and the twist were essential.

SNAKSuyun

did it spark joy?
On the Ice
Country
China
I definitely think that could have gone either way and was won on home advantage / sentimentality in the end. ISU prob aware though about the popularity of the respective teams and how much each fed politicked for each team... definitely think had T/M been a touch more consistent over the past few years (or if this had been held outside of China), T/M would have had this. Anyway though. Congrats to all the medalists and glad to see the sportsmanship!!!

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
So Moskvina will be the disappointed one after this.

I love M\G and was rooting for them, but compared to the top 2 it did feel very laboured overall.
I don’t think she will. She said months before the Olympics that beating S/H in China would be very difficult. I think she knows she has two pairs for the future in her hands. And maybe their time is not now but forward. (Did you see what I did there?)