2022 World Figure Skating Championships: Men's Free Skate | Page 55 | Golden Skate

2022 World Figure Skating Championships: Men's Free Skate

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thanks for the link to Roman's fp @siberia82. I hope a link to Camden's program gets posted to YouTube.

I don't have a YouTube channel, but I did upload Camden's long program from CBC television (with Kurt Browning's commentary) on Dailymotion. CBC didn't air any short programs, unfortunately.

2022 Camden Pulkinen Worlds LP (CBC TV 720p):

The ISU YouTube channel has the individual video link for Camden's free skate.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
More Roman content from CBC television (with Kurt Browning's commentary); a reminder that no short programs were broadcast.

2022 Roman Sadovsky Worlds LP (CBC TV 720p):

2022 Roman Sadovsky Worlds Post-LP Interview (CBC TV 720p):

silveruskate

On the Ice
Yuzu literally crawled on his hands and knees when Shoma was being interviewed on camera in order to keep himself hidden from view. Does that sound like something Lambiel would do for Shoma?

Not on your life.
Yes Yuzu isn't like that. I was more talking from the outside where Shoma's used to being seen as 2nd best and not as much attention on him since some people are pointing out "as long as Shoma's cool with it".
Those moments weren't for the camera. They were sharing the emotion of a personal moment. The cameras were intrusive, but that's not Stephan's nor Demi-san's fault. I'll take their Kiss and Cry moments any day over some of the icy ones I've seen, not mentioning any names. I suspect Shoma was crying in the K & C, and I don't see anything wrong with a comforting hug. In Shoma's own words "Stephane cares about his skaters SO much."

You just don't like Stephane. That's fine. No one says you have to.
I don't even know the man. What I did is give my opinion on the situation so grow up. Not my fault you don't think he can do anything wrong. And it's K&C, there's always been cameras.... because the skaters are meant to celebrate their scores.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't even know the man. What I did is give my opinion on the situation so grow up. Not my fault you don't think he can do anything wrong. And it's K&C, there's always been cameras.... because the skaters are meant to celebrate their scores.
Yes, and I certainly have a right to express my opinion too. You have no idea whether I think Stephane can or can't do anything wrong.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shoma did celebrate his scores. With a caring coach, who held him when he looked like he was emotional.

And although I like them very much, I'm hardly a super fan who shivers at criticism.

Stephane was completely normal, completely appropriate and not at all "attention grabbing". It was a great KnC. I'm very happy for Shoma, Stéphane and their team.

:clap:

rabidline

Final Flight
I feel like I should post the moments that wasn't shown on the international broadcast because Shoma's FS K&C is truly the most chaotic, hilarious and joyful (and will definitely be my pick for best K&C moment). Just the whale noises coming out from Shoma and Stephane, both being exhausted, yelling about good flips and fantastic good step sequences, "SHOMA YOU'RE A WORLD CHAMPION!!" / "i am!!!!" and of course, an actual "TONIGHT NO BEER, ONLY CHAMPAGNE" moment.

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I apologize for not editing out the hockey update which is in between Ivan Shmuratko's performance and his kiss & cry, but my health problems have been acting up since Saturday, so it was simply easier for me to upload the file as it is.

2022 Ivan Shmuratko Worlds LP (CBC TV 720p):

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Whoa, Roman just posted on Instagram that he nearly withdrew from Worlds. :eek: Apparently he'll explain the reason why in his next vlog. Was he depressed after the Olympics? Stressed out about the war in Ukraine and how it affected his extended family? Both? Something else?

Redemption!!! 💪 Last weekend at the World Championships were pretty epic. Top 12 in the world? I'll take it 😝 So proud that I could end the longest season in my career with a bang 🔥 and to think that I almost withdrew from the event (I'll explain in my next YT vid) it's been a serious up and and down season, but the support was incredible. Thank you everyone! ❤️ And massive thank you to my entire team for making this possible. Now…I can relax 😄

seattlesusan

Spectator
Country
United-States
Congratulations to the medalists and to everyone who skated well. Btw, Jason Brown would have won Bronze (beating Vincent) if he competed here and got the same scores that he did at the Olympics, so it's a little disappointing that he bowed out. But it was great to see Camden do so well. Bravo! Decent debut for Ilia, but they made the right decision not to send him to Beijing.
If you like to praise a skater then just do so. No need to put down another in the same sentence.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you like to praise a skater then just do so. No need to put down another in the same sentence.

Welcome to Goldenskate, post long and post often!

I do not see @MarkinBerkeley as "putting down" another skater, however. In my opinion, the US Fed did make the right decision for the three men's skaters they sent to the Olympics. It is not a "diss" to say that Ilia needs time to grow into the skater that he can be, rather than carrying all the weight of all the expectations that seemed to surround him (or even putting those expectations on himself).

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It is not a "diss" to say that Ilia needs time to grow into the skater that he can be
It's not, but it IS a diss to say Jason who wasn't even there would have, of course, beaten Vincent.

There's no way to know how Jason would have done.

Vincent worked his butt off and came back from a huge disappointment to get that bronze. Why take away from it?

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Exactly. Head-to-heads are what’s important, not paper scores from two different competitions. As for Malinin, his Worlds performance confirmed to me that he should have been at the Olympics. Both Zhou and he did great. On and upward!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's not, but it IS a diss to say Jason who wasn't even there would have, of course, beaten Vincent.

There's no way to know how Jason would have done.

Vincent worked his butt off and came back from a huge disappointment to get that bronze. Why take away from it?

Wow, shows what it looks like from two different perspectives. :)

Speaking only for myself, if a Jason fan says "Jason would have beaten Vincent and won bronze", the Jason fan means "Jason would have won bronze. Why didn't he go? Drat Drat Drat".

It so happened that Vincent got the scores he got and earned bronze. If Jun had gotten those scores and earned bronze, a Jason fan would say "Jason could have outscored Jun and won bronze. Why didn't he go? Drat Drat Drat"; if Morisi had gotten those scores and earned bronze, a Jason fan would say "Jason could have outscored Morisi and won bronze. Why didn't he go? Drat Drat Drat"

If I went back and got a nickel for every post that ever compared two skaters in that way, I'd have a lot of nickels:biggrin:

That said, and I saw nothing in the OP to contradict this, I firmly that you win the medal with the competition you have and on the day you skate. Vincent won bronze and good for him. Not disrespecting Vincent, but mourning what "coulda been". First cousin to "wuzrobbed". ;)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Wow, shows what it looks like from two different perspectives. :)

Speaking only for myself, if a Jason fan says "Jason would have beaten Vincent and won bronze", the Jason fan means "Jason would have won bronze. Why didn't he go? Drat Drat Drat".

It so happened that Vincent got the scores he got and earned bronze. If Jun had gotten those scores and earned bronze, a Jason fan would say "Jason could have outscored Jun and won bronze. Why didn't he go? Drat Drat Drat"; if Morisi had gotten those scores and earned bronze, a Jason fan would say "Jason could have outscored Morisi and won bronze. Why didn't he go? Drat Drat Drat"

If I went back and got a nickel for every post that ever compared two skaters in that way, I'd have a lot of nickels:biggrin:

That said, and I saw nothing in the OP to contradict this, I firmly that you win the medal with the competition you have and on the day you skate. Vincent won bronze and good for him. Not disrespecting Vincent, but mourning what "coulda been". First cousin to "wuzrobbed". ;)

Perhaps it was a Freudian slip that when referring to Vincent, your wording from "a Jason fan" is (emphasis added):
"Jason would have won bronze. Why didn't he go? Drat Drat Drat."​

Whereas when referring to Jun or Morisi, your wording from "a Jason fan" is (emphases added):
"Jason could have outscored Jun and won bronze. Why didn't he go? Drat Drat Drat"
"Jason could have outscored Morisi and won bronze. Why didn't he go? Drat Drat Drat"​

To me, there is a difference in nuance between "would" and "could".
"Would" brings to mind a sense of certainty that something would happen, whereas "could" brings to mind only a possibility that something could happen.

The only certainties here are: (1) that Vincent did win 2022 Worlds bronze; and (2) that Jason chose not to compete.
If Jason had chosen to compete, there is no certainty that he would have won bronze.

And given that Jason himself made the choice not to compete, I see nothing to mourn. :)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Perhaps it was a Freudian slip that when referring to Vincent, your wording from "a Jason fan" is (emphasis added):
"Jason would have won bronze. Why didn't he go? Drat Drat Drat."​

Whereas when referring to Jun or Morisi, your wording from "a Jason fan" is (emphases added):
"Jason could have outscored Jun and won bronze. Why didn't he go? Drat Drat Drat"​
"Jason could have outscored Morisi and won bronze. Why didn't he go? Drat Drat Drat"​

To me, there is a difference in nuance between "would" and "could".
"Would" brings to mind a sense of certainty that something would happen, whereas "could" brings to mind only a possibility that something could happen.

The only certainties here are: (1) that Vincent did win 2022 Worlds bronze; and (2) that Jason chose not to compete.
If Jason had chosen to compete, there is no certainty that he would have won bronze.

And given that Jason himself made the choice not to compete, I see nothing to mourn. :)

Fans can always mourn. :laugh:We ( speaking for the fans I know) support Jason and his choices. And we will "woulda coulda shoulda" (using all three:)), just like every other fan on the planet, while accepting those choices.

Personally, for me as a Jason fan, nothing could surpass the perfection of those Olympic programs, and he has nothing to prove, his legacy goes far beyond medals. So I am content with his choice, other than missing the chance to see him skate again.:cry:

But as I have said multiple times, and I say again, the results of the comp you skate are the results. Shoma,🥇 Yuma 🥈and Vincent🥉, no questions.