2023-24 Russian Local Events – Discussion | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Local Events – Discussion

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
4S and a clean skate! She did not come here to play, finally Masha is back in top shape.

Masha always takes time to gain top form and it normally happens in the second half of the season but never before did it take this long for her to peak. I dont know if she was dealing with an injury at the start of the season or her growing means that she will take longer and longer from the start of the season to find her form but I do hope it gets worked on because she is very very promising skater.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Level is insane, those 197 poinst won't be nearly enough...
Yeah I noticed far more top junior skaters are competing here than in previous seasons, likely due to some of them struggling at nats and this time around these qualifiers are not on top of the cup final so they dont have to skip this to go there.

Sucks for the novice skaters tho.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
shame Arina couldn't land her ultra c today but this is the first time ive seen her land all her triples!

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
I think I can watch Arina K live before I have to run to catch my bus unfortunetly I cant ignore real life by watching Figure skating any longer than this. I need to catch up on the rest of the girls later or in the bus if the net always it.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Liza has been so consistent with her 3A until this competition :console:

Lera L clean as always, well done!

And Finally the judges cant ignore Kira now that she has 3A! So happy for her.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
OK, I think by now it's sure this is the highest level girls competition of all time.
Telegram comment someone posted during a break: The era of women's ultra-c ends, not a single fully rotated one.

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Iam so bummed there is only 5 spot instead of 6. There really should be far more than 6 if im being honest. These girls are insane. Rn it looks like Kira who has landed a clean 3A and 2 clean programs will not get a spot regardless if both Alena P and Vika get their quads done. Honestly what a competition this has shaped up to be.